GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum - View Single Post - Number plate question
View Single Post
Old 27th February 2012, 07:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Adamantium
Adamantium is apparently poisonous to Wolverine - who knew?
Registered

Cars owned: Audi S5 3.0TFSi, Audi Q5 3.0TDi
Number plate question

Hi all,

Not sure where to ask this so am gong to put it here.

I just want to know, who on this forum would buy a private plate that is to all intents and purposes the perfect display of their surname?

I have two cars - the other one I got at auction for the bargain price of £500.

I used to love these plates, mostly because I thought if I have to show an arbitrary combination of numbers on my car, they might as well be specific to me, btu now I wonder if they are a bit chav scum. A bit like wearing a necklace or a jumber with your name on it.

I thought £500 was a lot when I bought my plate but at the time I loved them. Now I can afford a lot more, which is lucky because this plate is £2000, I am just having trouble weighing up the fact that it is £2000 for essentially a badge but it is also a perfect display of my surname.

It means it has no future value to anyone else, so I can't treat it as an investment - it's pure wastage, but equally I can keep it forever, and it has the added advantage of not meaning anything to anyone who doesn't know me - but does that make it worse?

Would just appreciate any opinions on this as I really am in two minds.