Litchfield Launch new Suspension Kit at Autosport 2012 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11th January 2012, 09:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Litchfield is unaware they can edit their status
GTR Register Trader

Cars owned: R35 GTR
Post Litchfield Launch new Suspension Kit at Autosport 2012

We are delighted to announce our stunning new GTR suspension kit that it has developed exclusively with Bilstein and Eibach. This has taken a huge amount of time and effort throughout 2011 but we could not be happier with the results All those that have already sampled our development kits have been blown away by the difference not only in the improvement in steering feel and handling but also the overall ride quality that is significantly better in all modes.

No more switching straight to Comfort mode or not being able to enjoy Race mode fully on the road

Below is the press release that has been produced for the Autosport International show.

Litchfield Launches New Nissan GT-R Performance Suspension Package (2008-12 all models)

Springs and Dampers

In an industry first, Litchfield have worked extensively with both suspension giant’s technical teams to create a world-class upgrade.

The new kit has been designed to be fully compatible with all versions of Nissan’s GTR and is a true ‘plug and play’ fitment, integrating with all factory electronics. As you would expect the handling ability has been taken up several notches, but without sacrificing ride comfort. In fact, thanks to the vastly superior internals of the damper unit, ride quality is significantly improved, particularly on cars still wearing the ‘Run Flat’ tyres.

Offering enhanced body control, allied to a new aggressive stance and rake change, the Litchfield kit will massively reduce the car’s natural propensity to understeer, whilst simultaneously transforming steering feel and accuracy. The lower stance and superior surface damping not only appeal visually and dynamically, but also offer increased high-speed stability on both road and track.

The kit is a true technical tour de force, thanks to Litchfield’s unparalleled access to both Eibach and Bilstein’s OEM development teams. The damper units are produced to OEM standard, but feature a unique custom shim stack and revised piston design, developed in conjunction with Litchfield’s engineers. This offers the driver significant improvements over the factory dampers, with low speed ride comfort being utterly transformed with much more compliance. As one would expect from Nissan’s original supplier, the dampers retain all Comfort, Normal and Race modes for instant driver adjustment.

The springs have been through the same extensive development process, with the R&D being undertaken by the same design team that is responsible for Eibach’s F1 and WRC programmes. The front springs have been developed from a wind derived from the German firm’s multiple title-winning NASCAR range, whereas the rears have been wound in Eibach’s Special Projects division as a bespoke item.

The damper bodies have been finished at Bilstein’s Ennepetal factory in a hard wearing silver powder coat finish and the Eibach springs have been press stressed, shot peened and then epoxy coated in the motorsport ‘Himmelblau’ hue.

Rear Anti Roll Bar

Although the new spring and damper kit can be fitted in isolation, owners looking for the ultimate GT-R package will also opt for Litchfield’s custom rear anti-roll bar set up. Once again, this has been produced exclusively for Litchfield, by Eibach and benefits from extensive testing in all manner of road and track conditions. The bar features innovative new geometry developed by Litchfield’s engineers and is fully adjustable with 5 individual settings to allow owners to set the car up to suit prevailing weather or track conditions – or indeed, personal preference.

The thicker rear bar reduces body roll through increased design stiffness over the OEM part. Developed on Eibach’s motorsport production line, they are manufactured from cold-formed, high-strength aircraft-grade steel for precision performance, and finished with the long lasting ‘Himmelblau’ powder coat finish to match the springs. The anti-roll bar comes complete with all new bushes to further improve response and precision.

The Litchfield Kit has taken over 12 months of development including back to back testing of every model year of GTR as well as comparisons against the leading aftermarket solutions. This ensured that all the GTR’s suspension characteristics were fully understood, the control systems work perfectly and the long term reliability is as good as the original dampers. The kit benefits from a comprehensive 2 year warranty on all components for added piece of mind.

The Litchfield GT-R kits offers a more ‘analogue’ link between the steering and the driver, increasing driver confidence, improving turn-in, reducing understeer and creating a more stable high-speed chassis, particularly over undulating surfaces. Add in the ability to tailor the car to suit driver tastes and makes a compelling package at a very reasonable £2,995+vat.

More details information will be made available soon and we have a demonstrator fitted with our final prototype for all those who would like a test drive.

The initial stock order is due in April and we are using the Information Request Form on our new website to help keep interested customers updated. If you would like immediate information please feel free to contact us at anytime.

Our 2011 Demonstrator is displayed in the Engineering section on both the Eibach and Bilstein stands and will be moved to the Santa Pod display area for Saturday and Sunday’s public days.

Along with a host of other upgrades our car also features Alcon’s new update to the incredible GTR “Superkit” which uses a redesigned calliper and their new “S” type 400mm brake discs which are designed to give a more consistent wear pattern and improved pedal feel. Also at the Autosport show Alcon will be announcing their new CCX Carbon Ceramic option which we are proud to say we will also be the UK distributor for

The new Alcon Superkit is fitted under lightweight 20” TSW Nurburgring wheels which are available to order for us now.

In another world first our demonstrator is fitted with a sample set of the new Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres which are not due to be released until April in GTR sizes. When Michelin found out about our GTR handling work they were keen to get our feedback on their new showcase tyre. Subaru recently replaced the Bridgestone RE070 with the Super Sport for their flagship S206 model and we have heard good things from some of Ford’s chassis engineers who have also been working with some of our partners recently

I will put more information about the tyres once they have bedded in but first impressions are very good

Regards

Iain
Web:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook:

Twitter: @Litchfield_UK

I am a sponsor of the GTR Register!
Litchfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 09:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
bobel is testing the limits of adhesion
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: R35, X5
This is epic, great work Ian, any word on prices on the tyres too
Old 11th January 2012, 09:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
ROG350Z is Nismo
GT-RDC Founder Member

Cars owned: GT-R R35 Spec V, GT-R Nismo, Zenos E10R
Looks awesome Iain great job as always. Can't wait to hear how the tyres are as well.

Old 11th January 2012, 09:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
GTR Register Trader

I don't have any prices at the moment but I have a meeting with Michelin next week.
Web:

Email:

Facebook:

Old 11th January 2012, 09:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Stevie76 is at stage 4.25+FMIC and counting

Cars owned: Current: Stage 4.25 DMG R35, 2014 Impreza WRX STi, 1992 205 Mi16, Pimped 320d MSport Touring, BMW S1000RR HP4C
...everything looks first class Iain....the R&D work must have been huge and sure well worth it. Will add myself to the info list via the web page...prices on the wheels/tyres would be good when you have them.

Now does anyone want a couple of tickets for the show? Not sure I can afford to go anymore....temptation might just be too much!
Old 11th January 2012, 09:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
GTR Register Trader

Our new website is almost finished, just a couple more tweaks and it will go live tomorrow

Stevie, you had better not drive the demonstrator then

Regards

Iain
Web:

Email:

Facebook:

Old 11th January 2012, 10:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
*MrB* is Coming back
GTROC Member

Cars owned: R35 GT-R
Superb Iain, congrats to you and the team. Keep up the good work
Old 11th January 2012, 10:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
GTRNICK is Chillin

Cars owned: Porsche 997 Turbo, U.K. R34 GTR V-spec Black, New Smart
I love everything you have put up except the TSW even though they look nice.
Old 11th January 2012, 10:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
charles charlie is chasing a Veyron from 30-130mph
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: E36 M3 Evo, Mini Cooper S, 996 Boxster S, Caterham Super 7, Merc Tractor :(
Lovely stuff Iain.

Couple of questions...

1. Kit is £3k + vat... Is that fitted, and if not, what is the fitting cost?

2. Those Michelins look more rounded profile than the OEM rubber, or is it just the photo?

3. The tyres are not runflats I assume?

Engine built @ RiversideRacing
Litcho rods/pistons/RaceIC/BOVs/oil cooler/susp+handling kit/front diff
Race Developments ported manifold/AT Power TBs
RF street zorst+DPs
RacingBrake BBK
Xtreme18 Clutch/Dodson 1st gear+shaft/trans brace
2015 alloys/nav upgrade/Nismo cluster
DSC susp controller
DBA front/Varis CF bonnet/2016 Lights
TTE7XX turbos = >900bhp 700lbsft 30-130mph in 8.19s

charles charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 10:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Aerodramatics is online, on his feet and enjoying motoring in his GT-R again. Yaay!
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: Azure GT
Lubberly-jubbly!

The list of tantalising must-haves just keeps on growing!

Think I might eventually break and have my entire salary paid direct to LI hence forth!
Old 11th January 2012, 10:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
David.Yu is adjusting to life without a GT-R...
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: R35 GT-R, BMW M135i 5 dr manual, 190hp Abarth 500 (wife's)
Oh. My. God.
Obviously I knew about most of this after chatting to you, but I didn't know how gorgeous it would all look when put together!

The TSWs look great, will they be available in different finishes, e.g. I think they would look awesome in a matt gun metal...

And a major coup getting the first set of GT-R sized Michelin Super Sports. From accounts I've read, there is no doubt they will be the ultimate all round tyre for the GT-R. Put me down for the first available set as my R888s are looking a bit ropey!

Really looking forward to driving your demonstrator soon.
Old 12th January 2012, 01:58 AM   #12 (permalink)
Visconti is There's no Race without the Rom. RACEROM

Wow guys

Great work

Can't wait to see some prices!
Old 12th January 2012, 06:02 AM   #13 (permalink)
H20 MRV is In a C63 and having Fun

Fantastic! I can see having a gtr is going to be expensive!
Old 12th January 2012, 06:02 AM   #14 (permalink)
CT17 is probably in an R34 GT-R.
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: A GT-R... and some others.
Great work Ian.

Next service due in March... could be expensive visit!
Old 12th January 2012, 06:28 AM   #15 (permalink)
max_R34 is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: 1st 09 Gulf Spec GT-R Black Edition Black/Black,Red
Great work from Litchfield

Finally a set of dampers specifically engineered for the GTR which retains full stock capabilities

I have been waiting for PSS's to come out with GTR sizes, R888's are too noisy for my taste

max_R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 09:12 AM   #16 (permalink)
Anders_R35 is Shells best customer
GTROC Member

Are Alcon released carbon CCX discs only, or will it be a caliper too?

Are CCX better than CCM?

Anders
MY11 Daytona Blue, Litchfield Manifold EFR 6758's, Whifbitz 102mm exhaust, AMS FMIC, ASNU 1100cc Injectors, V5 EcuTek - 852bhp / 654lbft, Alcon Superkit RS29 pads, Litchfield Suspension, Mines steering wheel, Sextons Audio
Anders_R35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 10:13 AM   #17 (permalink)
SamboGrove is Currently GTR-less
GTROC Member

Cars owned: R32 GTR, AUDI A3, R35 GTR (Sold)
Amazing work again guys

Will have to have a try of the demonstrator when i'm down for my service.

Hopefully these Michellin tyres will live up to the hype and be offered at a realistic price point as well!
Old 12th January 2012, 10:47 AM   #18 (permalink)
manjit is a member not user
GTROC Member

Great work and R&D, makes GTR ownership even more exciting
Old 12th January 2012, 11:13 AM   #19 (permalink)
OldBob is trying to sell the pork
Registered

Cars owned: Currently:911.2 Turbo S, Cayman S, Cayman R, Mk7Golf R, Seat Ibiza FR
Makes the question of buying new vs upgrading even harder
Old 12th January 2012, 12:46 PM   #20 (permalink)
scoobyc is polishing
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Cars owned: R8 V10 Spyder & Subaru BRZ
Thumbs up

+1 thats exactly my first thought, fit stage 1 or 2 and the new suspension kit and you're pretty much there for performance and comfort.