Had a look at a different GTR to buy today - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18th January 2012, 07:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
nikodemus is 29, English, in Dubai, Skyline GTR
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Had a look at a different GTR to buy today

Today I looked at another GTR to buy.

Its a bit pricier, 250,000AED which is about £43,000.
Its a 2009 with 22,000miles with an Akrapovic exhaust, very clean example.

The owner has had the car shipped from Dubai to the Netherlands every summer. He is from the Netherlands and says he likes to drive it there.
He's had the major services done there at a Nissan garage called Visscher.

Anyone heard of these? He reckons they are one of the best in Europe.

It is a US spec GTR which means the Sat Nav just shows the car in the ocean in the Middle East and thus doesnt work. Whats the crack with this? Is there a way to get it working with worldwide maps like a Garmin for example? seems ridiculous otherwise.

How much does a US-Spec negatively affect the price if it was eg in Europe or an Ozzy spec in the UK for example?

Its got an Akrapovic exhaust as I mentioned. But it has the standard downpipes. In my opinion it still doesnt sound very loud. Anyone know of anyone on here or any youtube video where I can hear an Akrapovic with an aftermarket downpipe?

Cheers
Old 18th January 2012, 07:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
ANDYR35 is unaware they can edit their status
GTROC Member

1. Reference the garage in the Netherlands - Google is your friend!

2. Sat Nav - Speak to a Nissan garage out there and see if they have the means to load software on it.

3. Exhaust - Get under the car and see if it still has the OEM Y-pipe on it, if so swap it out for an aftermarket one with no cats........makes it more vocal.
Old 19th January 2012, 07:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
nikodemus is 29, English, in Dubai, Skyline GTR
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

I would prefer to hear from people on the forum than people on google as it could be anyone typing either good stuff or bad stuff about them, such as non GTR owners, the garage themselves and so on.

Strangely out here there is only one garage in the whole of the UAE from Nissan that handles GTR's. If its like most things here, whatever they tell you is usually wrong in one way or another.
Has anyone had software loaded on their GTR's before for the Sat Nav?

Re. the exhaust, my question was actually about being able to hear the sound of an akrapovic with an aftermarket downpipe before I buy it. The tone is important to me as well. Would prefer to leave the cats on for the environment

Old 19th January 2012, 03:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
ANDYR35 is unaware they can edit their status
GTROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikodemus View Post
I would prefer to hear from people on the forum than people on google as it could be anyone typing either good stuff or bad stuff about them, such as non GTR owners, the garage themselves and so on.

Strangely out here there is only one garage in the whole of the UAE from Nissan that handles GTR's. If its like most things here, whatever they tell you is usually wrong in one way or another.
Has anyone had software loaded on their GTR's before for the Sat Nav?

Re. the exhaust, my question was actually about being able to hear the sound of an akrapovic with an aftermarket downpipe before I buy it. The tone is important to me as well. Would prefer to leave the cats on for the environment
Well if you don't take the centre cats off (i.e the y-pipe) you will have a muted car no matter what exhaust you put on from the y-pipe back. You will still have 2 cats on the car.......on the downpipes so it will still be emissions compliant! Plus swapping out the y-pipe is a 15 min job as opposed to a total ball ache of swapping out the downpipes.

With the garage, it will either be Good, Bad or Indifferent no matter what model of Nissan you drive, so in my eyes Googling it to find out gives you a good broad spectrum of views, plus with the limited people on here who may have used the said garage I reckon you would have more joy doing your own digging in the meantime until someone comes along who has actually used the place.