GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/)
-   General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/general-nissan-r35-gt-r-chat.html)
-   -   Info you can find from the engine number? (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/160155-info-you-can-find-engine-number.html)

nikodemus 19th January 2012 09:03 AM

Info you can find from the engine number?

Hi,

I wondered if there is an online resource that any of you know of where one can put in the Engine number or Chassis number of a GTR and find out details about it.

Eg the site might tell you if it had been in any crashes,
- if it was a JDM, EDM, US spec
- if it was a premium, black or standard edition?

Thanks

enshiu 19th January 2012 09:06 AM

look on VIN (chassis number). That will tell more about the cars history. Is there no site in UAE?

nikodemus 19th January 2012 09:09 AM

Do you mean this site?
Vehicle Identification Number - VIN Numbers: Free online search for car or truck VIN numbers. Find information on auto decoders and DMV record links.

I dont think there is a site like that in the UAE. Government-esque record keeping is notoriously poor here.
There is a site for checking speeding fines/parking fines but thats about it to my knowledge

enshiu 19th January 2012 09:17 AM

If you don't know it by yourself please get an expert as I can't see the car by myself.

MIKEGTR 19th January 2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikodemus (Post 1564724)
Hi,

I wondered if there is an online resource that any of you know of where one can put in the Engine number or Chassis number of a GTR and find out details about it.

Eg the site might tell you if it had been in any crashes,
- if it was a JDM, EDM, US spec
- if it was a premium, black or standard edition?

Thanks

There are a number of distinguishing differences. If u use the search function above there is a wealth of information on the subjects and how you can tell exactly the spec you have.

nikodemus 19th January 2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enshiu (Post 1564730)
If you don't know it by yourself please get an expert as I can't see the car by myself.

I dont understand this comment. I posted a weblink, I think you can see this by yourself without help.
I posted the link because you sounded familiar with the site. It was the one that I found but it didnt look very official which is why I posted it up. I thought if youve used it before it would take you a couple of seconds to confirm or not.

Obviously you cant see the car by yourself and I havent suggested you could.

When you say is there no site in the UAE, I thought you meant VIN checking site because you didnt explain much. But if you mean Owners Club for GTR's then no theres not.

Are English people outside of UK not allowed to talk on this website?

@MikeGTR: I think you misread my post. I wasnt asking what the differences were between Black, Premium, Standard etc.
If I have the registration number of the car, I want to know if you guys know of a site where it says what the type is and any other useful info.
The RAC used to have one which would tell you if it had been in a Cat D, what the engine size was, model stuff like that.
Ive done some searches and couldnt find the answer. If you guys dont know the answer either, dont worry about it.

enshiu 19th January 2012 11:23 AM

Does the have ALL the maintenance bills?

Used Nissan GT-R Buyers Guide - 2009 - 2013 | Nissan GT-R : Since 2007

This guide should help you further

Used Nissan GT-R Buyers Guide - 2009 - 2013 | Nissan GT-R : Since 2007

As Usual check the standard car guide

How to Check out a Used Car Before Buying It: 21 steps (with pictures) - wikiHow

Especially at the frame and bodywork which will tell you a lot if damaged or not.

nikodemus 19th January 2012 01:02 PM

Fantastic.

This was just the sort of stuff I was looking for, for some other questions I had about the GTR. I didnt know about that website so thanks for sharing.

I will read through it fully later this eve. Ive seen a few of these buyers guides for general cars before. Im pretty clued up on what to look for on a normal car, but I think things are different for a GTR compared to the sub 200bhp cars Ive bought previously.

Things like warranty, if the ecu has been modified, whether the preferred oils and servicing has been done seem way more important with a GTR than the general run of the mill cars. Not saying thats a problem, but just an observation.

Thanks again :bowdown1: