GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/)
-   General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/general-nissan-r35-gt-r-chat.html)
-   -   R35 Newbie (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/160457-r35-newbie.html)

Taff1275 27th January 2012 07:05 PM

R35 Newbie

Just thought I would say Hello

New to the GTR scene and soon to be owner, I pick my car up in 2 weeks a 06-10 car Black Edition in grey

Moving over from my FRS MK2 and previous to that Evo MR FQ360 and M3's

SamboGrove 27th January 2012 07:14 PM

Hi and welcome the forum :thumbsup:

Different league to your previous cars...you'll love it!

And good colour choice! They look awesome in grey :)

H20 MRV 27th January 2012 07:20 PM

Enjoy bud! I love mine it's been a great 2 weeks!

CT17 27th January 2012 07:21 PM

Welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:

Taff1275 27th January 2012 07:29 PM

Thanks for the welcome :wavey:

Plans are in place for a mod or two but not sure yet to go with COBB or ECUTEK, either a SVM650R or Litchfields STG4?????

CT17 27th January 2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taff1275 (Post 1568538)

Plans are in place for a mod or two but not sure yet to go with COBB or ECUTEK, either a SVM650R or Litchfields STG4?????

I went the Litchfield stage 4 route, plus uprated brakes and anti roll bars.
Nice being able to go faster... better to be able to stop. :D

Close call on an SVM650 or Litchfield Stage 4, very similar power. Comes down a lot to personal choice or who you'd like working on the car.

7341SR 27th January 2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Go with stage 1 till you get used to it, no offence, then the upgrade options are only limited by the depth of your pockets or your preferred driving comfort.

Done Cobb stage 1, y pipe, now SVM 650r with a few add on's for track use, don't tell the wife.

*MrB* 27th January 2012 08:14 PM

Welcome aboard :cool:

fozi.g 28th January 2012 04:22 PM

hello mate. Welcome to the forum and moreso GTR ownership!!!

Ludders 28th January 2012 05:09 PM

Welcome to the forum Taff, don't forget to sign on as a member of the GTROC so can can enjoy the 'special' days out that are being organised.

I personally organise all the straight line events like drag racing along with my colleagues who organise track days, shows, meetings and all sorts of entertainment. Keep an eye on the events section on this forum to see what is comimg up.

Enjoy your new car!

Jeff

ROG350Z 28th January 2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Welcome to the clan!

PM if you need a Cobb - I possibly have one with Stage 2 99RON map going if you want at a decent discount over new!

Stevie76 28th January 2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROG350Z (Post 1568943)
Welcome to the clan!

PM if you need a Cobb - I possibly have one with Stage 2 99RON map going if you want at a decent discount over new!

How come? Your not selling the car??

ROG350Z 28th January 2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevie76 (Post 1568950)
How come? Your not selling the car??

Of course not - scared ya right! ;-) Honestly - the gearbox software Iain has is calling me and getting quote on Stage 5 (turbos, intakes, downpipes etc) and 750 BHP. Cobb has been utterly brilliant but can't be bothered to send all the way to USA for NIS006 and pay much more for the gearbox when I can get Iain to do it personally.

I hate this car - Crack would be cheaper and less damaging to my health!

R.

PS Wedding plans going well? We should do a GTROC drive past haha

Stevie76 28th January 2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROG350Z (Post 1568953)
Of course not - scared ya right! ;-) Honestly - the gearbox software Iain has is calling me and getting quote on Stage 5 (turbos, intakes, downpipes etc) and 750 BHP. Cobb has been utterly brilliant but can't be bothered to send all the way to USA for NIS006 and pay much more for the gearbox when I can get Iain to do it personally.

I hate this car - Crack would be cheaper and less damaging to my health!

R.

PS Wedding plans going well? We should do a GTROC drive past haha

Phew...thought you had taken leave of your senses for a second there!

Yeah I have had a couple of good chats with Iain recently....turbos, intercooler, my11 turbo inlets would be good. 750 power is amazing...I just keep questioning if I need it...not sure I would use it other than VMAX stuff. Hmmm....I am trying to resist and your not helping!

Wedding stuff is pretty much sorted (so I am told :chuckle:)...been told where I need to be and when! Drive by would be excellent. I am getting married in Glasgow though so not that local for most. still got to sort the car thing out actually....

ROG350Z 28th January 2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevie76 (Post 1568965)
Phew...thought you had taken leave of your senses for a second there!

Yeah I have had a couple of good chats with Iain recently....turbos, intercooler, my11 turbo inlets would be good. 750 power is amazing...I just keep questioning if I need it...not sure I would use it other than VMAX stuff. Hmmm....I am trying to resist and your not helping!

Wedding stuff is pretty much sorted (so I am told :chuckle:)...been told where I need to be and when! Drive by would be excellent. I am getting married in Glasgow though so not that local for most. still got to sort the car thing out actually....

Haha no not gone mental. I don't need it - but I want it. Crazy as Arcam still be quicker ona track am sure. Plus insurance, warranty worries, upgrading gearbox.

So many reasons why not ;-( Anyway am going to get gearbox sorted with ECUTek as that may make me happier for a few months.