Tochigi plant question - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14th February 2012, 03:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Anders_R35 is Shells best customer
GTROC Member

Tochigi plant question

To those fortunate enough to visit the assembly plant, did anyone see if the engine bolted to the engine dyno had turbos connected? Or are the engines tested as in NA configuration?

Anders
MY11 Daytona Blue, Litchfield Manifold EFR 6758's, Whifbitz 102mm exhaust, AMS FMIC, ASNU 1100cc Injectors, V5 EcuTek - 852bhp / 654lbft, Alcon Superkit RS29 pads, Litchfield Suspension, Mines steering wheel, Sextons Audio
Anders_R35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 08:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Arcam is still into Track Days
Registered

Cars owned: Many & Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders_R35 View Post
To those fortunate enough to visit the assembly plant, did anyone see if the engine bolted to the engine dyno had turbos connected? Or are the engines tested as in NA configuration?

Anders
Full road spec config on the engine dyno, I am in the process of writing up a full article on the visit.
Old 14th February 2012, 08:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ryan.g is never at home!
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: R35GTR, Toyota Supra
Did lots of test on the VR38DETT at SRR in N/A Format as its part of a method i use to get a perfect base map.

In Standard format the engines makes around 260hp without forced induction when running on the S8 to allow for N/A running.

With Downpipes, y pipe and Larger intakes that went up to 289bhp

Ryan

Old 14th February 2012, 08:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
GTROC Member

I'll look forward to the write up. Someone on NAGTROC asked the question if the dyno was run with turbos, ie creating boost on a fresh engine.

Ryan, interesting info. Not that terrible for a turbo engine. Have you run a J2Z in the same NA configuration?

Anders
MY11 Daytona Blue, Litchfield Manifold EFR 6758's, Whifbitz 102mm exhaust, AMS FMIC, ASNU 1100cc Injectors, V5 EcuTek - 852bhp / 654lbft, Alcon Superkit RS29 pads, Litchfield Suspension, Mines steering wheel, Sextons Audio
Old 15th February 2012, 07:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Ryan.g is never at home!
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: R35GTR, Toyota Supra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders_R35 View Post
I'll look forward to the write up. Someone on NAGTROC asked the question if the dyno was run with turbos, ie creating boost on a fresh engine.

Ryan, interesting info. Not that terrible for a turbo engine. Have you run a J2Z in the same NA configuration?

Anders
Do you mean a 2JZGTE

Yes loads!!

Stock 2JZGTE make around 180bhp in N/A Format have mapped some 1000bhp+ 2JZGTE that make around 350bhp in N/A format.

2JZGE make around 200bhp and of course are N/A already

Nearly every engine i will map as an N/A first on the dyno.

Ryan
Old 15th February 2012, 09:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
GTROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan.g View Post
Do you mean a 2JZGTE

Yes loads!!

Stock 2JZGTE make around 180bhp in N/A Format have mapped some 1000bhp+ 2JZGTE that make around 350bhp in N/A format.

2JZGE make around 200bhp and of course are N/A already

Nearly every engine i will map as an N/A first on the dyno.

Ryan
Yep the 2JZGTE, I wasn't sure on the full engine code. I saw you map a 902bhp one at Surrey Rolling road last year, that was a beast with dinner plate turbo.

Anders