GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/)
-   General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/general-nissan-r35-gt-r-chat.html)
-   -   Litchfields 750 conversion coming in an Evo test? (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/161197-litchfields-750-conversion-coming-evo-test.html)

Mookistar 15th February 2012 07:13 PM

Litchfields 750 conversion coming in an Evo test?

Jethros just tweeted this about it

Brain still scrambled from driving Litchfield 725bhp GT-R on damp track on Monday. Owners should do a super-licence before being handed keys

Obscene performance, stunningly usable but what a handful when you turn DSC off! Can't think of many more exciting cars.

I can only assume people who 'don't get' the GT-R haven't driven one. Impossible not to love.

Mook

Aerodramatics 15th February 2012 07:23 PM

Sounds ace. Will keep an eye out.

I heard KK was dropping the 650R from the line-up and replacing it with a 900R as the entry level for SVM in his May Deal.... then I woke up! :flame:

Seriously, looking forward to reading the review in the mag.

David.Yu 15th February 2012 07:54 PM

There will also be a short piece on the new Litchfield suspension kit and latest gearbox software.

Henry 145 15th February 2012 08:05 PM

David have you a link to the SVM story you did for Evo? Being thick I could not find searching their website!

Adamantium 15th February 2012 08:13 PM

Can't wait to hear about the suspension.

David.Yu 15th February 2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry 145 (Post 1578045)
David have you a link to the SVM story you did for Evo? Being thick I could not find searching their website!

I had a quick search myself and couldn't find it. They only feature a small proportion of their reviews on the website. Sadly my Thor review was not one of them... :(

Henry 145 15th February 2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David.Yu (Post 1578057)
I had a quick search myself and couldn't find it. They only feature a small proportion of their reviews on the website. Sadly my Thor review was not one of them... :(

Thanks for looking

bobel 15th February 2012 09:03 PM

David any evo plans to do a proper comparison test in the vein of buying new v aftermarket options, I for one would find this very interesting to read....can just imagine seeing a nice review of a 750R v 458 fez v MP4-12C, great Potential for a bang for buck article????

Litchfield 15th February 2012 11:08 PM

Cool spot Mook!

Jethro really liked the cars! :thumbsup: They are doing an article on our Stage 1 conversion but asked if they could sample the new suspension as well but I’m not sure if this will make the article yet. Currently the final spec dampers are fitted to one of our previous 725bhp development cars so we could see how it handled with big power.

We took a standard GTR with a Stage 1 upgrade and 2012 Gearbox software and the previous Stage5 car with the suspension.

I knew he would like the Stage 1 conversion as he has previously driven the Alcon test GTR but I was anxious to hear his thoughts on the suspension with all the work that has gone into it.

A wet Bedford Aerodrome and 700+bhp makes for lots of fun. It spent lap after lap on opposite lock and he was laughing around every corner and shocked on every straight. Discussing the suspension he said “It turn’s in sharper with more stability and resists understeer better. Mid bend it is more balanced with a nice hint of oversteer as its default angle and significantly more traction on the exit of the bend” :)

The car was great in Normal suspension mode but in Race mode it was so balanced enabling some outrageous liberties to be taken with the car drifting perfectly (pictures will be on our blog soon) when required whilst never getting too out of shape despite the cold and wet conditions. You could really notice the improve stability and the change in direction was much more positive which gives the driver more confidence to push harder :D

As for the Power, “stunning, simply ridiculous, probably the most insane road car I have ever driven!” :) After getting out he spent about another 5mins giggling about what it had just done. “No lag just ridiculous power even on low boost”. I explained that he would be shocked at our new version which not only picks up quicker, has an even sharper throttle response but goes onto make a lot more power at less boost! :chuckle:

Regards

Iain

Mookistar 15th February 2012 11:20 PM

Considering some of the cars he's driven that's a huuuuuuuuuge compliment

Mook

Blade 15th February 2012 11:23 PM

56 Attachment(s)
Doesn't bode well :(

Picking up my new GTR from Litchfields tomorrow. Somehow I feel a titanic struggle will occur trying to control my modifying lust!!

Gawd... wife is going to kill me!

David.Yu 15th February 2012 11:26 PM

Hi Iain, the plan at the moment is to do a short Driven piece on the suspension where they will mention my car is having the same, hence setting up the whole before and after track battle with Godzilla 2 (stock suspension) vs Godzilla 2 (Litchfield suspension).

We are going to do some video to make it a nice web piece! :thumbsup:

Just need those Super Sports, your springs to come in and some nice dry and slightly warmer weather and 2 days where both Bedford and Roger Green are available. Not a lot to ask for then! :chuckle:

OldBob 16th February 2012 08:28 AM

^ Good luck David, I know you've been at them for some time to do this type of article. Do you think they will post a west course lap in the table?

David.Yu 16th February 2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldBob (Post 1578302)
^ Good luck David, I know you've been at them for some time to do this type of article. Do you think they will post a west course lap in the table?

I'm not sure they post modified cars lap times in the table? But whatever, it will be great to finally get some hard data on how fast a modestly tuned GT-R can lap, and what difference a suspension kit can make.

OldBob 16th February 2012 08:34 AM

Yes that will be v informative. I'm pondering the brakes and sussy kit at next visit.

DRAGON 16th February 2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mookistar (Post 1578003)
I can only assume people who 'don't get' the GT-R haven't driven one. Impossible not to love.

Mook

Boom hit the Nail on the Head.

Anders_R35 16th February 2012 10:04 AM

Would be good to see the car on Top Gear too, even if they result can stay on the leader board.

Anders

SamboGrove 16th February 2012 11:39 AM

Sounds like that'll be a very interesting piece Mr Yu. I'll look forward to having a read of that :thumbsup:

Aerodramatics 16th February 2012 01:23 PM

Excellent! - the LI Blog and pro motoring journalism reports are really something to look forward to.

Can't wait, must wait!

ROG350Z 16th February 2012 02:03 PM

Iain - could you email me details on your 750 conversion (bear in mind the ECUtek and Exhaust already done).

I might have to take a dividend.....