GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/)
-   General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/general-nissan-r35-gt-r-chat.html)
-   -   Anyone had stage 4 upgrade on MY11? (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/161513-anyone-had-stage-4-upgrade-my11.html)

u116371 23rd February 2012 02:31 PM

Anyone had stage 4 upgrade on MY11?

Anyone had this done from Litchfields - thoughts?

Just had the y-pipe fitted today.

CT17 23rd February 2012 02:37 PM

Yes.

Very good package, car goes like a rocket. Once it's up to temp, it's like pressing the Fast Forward button. :chuckle:

Very good (and professional) service.
I wouldn't go anywhere else now.

I would suggest thinking about upgrading the brakes if you are going about 140bhp over standard.

EDIT: Ooops. mine is a MY10. Missed the MY11 in the title. Give Iain a call. :)

u116371 23rd February 2012 03:03 PM

What's it like for an everyday drive?

Adamantium 23rd February 2012 03:30 PM

I've heard from Iain that the latest custom turbine he uses spools as well if not better than stock.

This should give it better drivability than standard as the boost threshold will be lower, but it will go much further at the top end.

I would imagine, with the possible exception of the noise level, that it will be better to drive in every way, but may require more trips to the petrol pump if you take advantage of what it will be able to do.

Happydays 23rd February 2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by u116371 (Post 1582582)

I use mine every day, cant see the point of having such an exciting car in the garage all week when I can be driving it every day. The stage 4 conversion is pretty much like the stage 2 which is the best bang for bucks upgrade, but just more power and torque and a bit more induction noise. Plus with the bigger injectors I know that I am not going to have any issues running the OEM injectors at full capacity which is a danger once you are over 600bhp I am told. Been using a standard map mostly over the last couple of months as the smmer tyres spin up too easily when it been cold. The acceleration is just relentless, and pulls from low revs so easily. I drive in town a fair bit and in Auto day to day and its just smooth and responsive with instant acceleration whenever I need it. It really is very very quick, even though I am used to driving it every day, it still puts a grin on my face.
Has to be done:)

CT17 23rd February 2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Good, the drivability is not effected at all in a negative way. It feels like a greater spread of torque so it's actually more relaxing to drive than before as you don't need to use the loud pedal as much.
My fuel economy has not changed either. I had some commuting to do on the last tank and I got 314 miles with a range of 70 still showing...
If I drive enthusiastically I get about 240 to a tank.

It's certainly better than standard for normal use, but you know you've got all those horses ready if you need them. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamantium (Post 1582596)
I've heard from Iain that the latest custom turbine he uses spools as well if not better than stock.

I don't think turbines are involved until stage 5.
Stage 4 takes the filters, exhaust and mapping and adds bigger injectors. Turbos are stock.

MarcR35GTR 23rd February 2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Just got my stage4 done along with a 90mm Miltek race system, power is awesome, everyday drivability is actually slightly smoother, especially without the 70mph yippe drone.

Litchfield 23rd February 2012 05:51 PM

U11 you are welcome to drive my 2011 GTR which is currently in Stage 4 spec :)

Adamantium 23rd February 2012 07:58 PM

Ooops,

Yep, stage 5 for turbos.

My bad.

Does stage 4 include downpipes? If so, how are people finding the noise?

_shaun_ 23rd February 2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamantium (Post 1582721)
Ooops,

Yep, stage 5 for turbos.

My bad.

Does stage 4 include downpipes? If so, how are people finding the noise?

Stage 5 for downpipes

Stevie76 23rd February 2012 10:54 PM

Downpipes sound amazing...give the car the raw bark it needs.

_shaun_ 23rd February 2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevie76 (Post 1582841)
Downpipes sound amazing...give the car the raw bark it needs.

Do you think it would be annoy for a daily driver?

Stevie76 23rd February 2012 11:07 PM

No not really....for all they are louder you only really notice it if you have the foot down/higher revs. If you are cruising not much difference. I love the sound....only thing to consider is track day noise regs.

_shaun_ 23rd February 2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevie76 (Post 1582850)
No not really....for all they are louder you only really notice it if you have the foot down/higher revs. If you are cruising not much difference. I love the sound....only thing to consider is track day noise regs.

Did a Euro trip and andrew186 has the 650R....couldn't really tell but when he nailed it...it did sound good. Him and his passenger didn't seem to be annoyed by it... More raspy than I expected! Guess it depends on the combo of Y pipe and cat back etc?

Stevie76 23rd February 2012 11:30 PM

Yeah different combos will affect the sound...it does make it rasp...it's very raw sounding at higher revs. It does not annoy me at all although mine is only weekend toy really during summer months. Depends what you like really I suppose....some will find it annoying and others will love it. Personally I really like a bit of noise but it wont be to everyone's taste

Stevie76 23rd February 2012 11:33 PM

Heres and old clip of mine...will give you an idea of volume...

Modified Nissan R35 GTR launch with 650bhp - YouTube

vxrcymru 24th February 2012 09:11 AM

I have Litchfields stage 4 on my MY10 with downpipes. They say it adds a little more power but I mainly did it for extra noise on the fun pedal given the Miltek is a little on the quiet side for me.

The downpipes dont add a huge amount of noise maybe a little extra drone in higher gears when at low revs but a better raspy growl on pushing the fun pedal hard.