GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/)
-   General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/general-nissan-r35-gt-r-chat.html)
-   -   Gtc Titan (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/161705-gtc-titan.html)

petersafc 28th February 2012 04:09 PM

Gtc Titan

Well that's my gtc Titan fitted. Bit of an arkward job but got it done! Completely changed the sound from just the y pipe! High pitched wooshing sound now!

:chuckle:

james1 28th February 2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petersafc (Post 1585144)
Well that's my gtc Titan fitted. Bit of an arkward job but got it done! Completely changed the sound from just the y pipe! High pitched woos hung sound now!

:chuckle:

decent video/sound clips asap!

thinking about the same myself!

j.

petersafc 28th February 2012 04:31 PM

Theres a good few clips on you tube.

lewis-s 28th February 2012 05:08 PM

nice one mate! they do sound much better, i couldnt resist going for the downpipes as well! haha :)

petersafc 28th February 2012 05:40 PM

Yeah i have never heard an exhaust like it. Coming from e92 m3 with a hayward and scott, completely different sound!

SamboGrove 28th February 2012 06:54 PM

Nice one mate. We'll have to have another mcdonalds meet up so I can have a listen :thumbsup: Did you get in off ben in the end?

petersafc 28th February 2012 07:02 PM

Nah i seen it on ebay, at a very cheap price so i couldnt resist! Sam i would be up for a meet when ever as i got the horrible bad news today that i would have to be off work for another 3 weeks due to a crew change issue.

thunderball 28th February 2012 08:13 PM

Waiting for Ben's new stock of Titan's myself - can't wait. How difficult is it to change the down pipes on a GTR, when I spoke to Iain (Litchfield) he gave the impression it was a lot of work for not a lot of gain [unless you were going for a big power conversion]?

tomgtr 28th February 2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderball (Post 1585269)
Waiting for Ben's new stock of Titan's myself - can't wait. How difficult is it to change the down pipes on a GTR, when I spoke to Iain (Litchfield) he gave the impression it was a lot of work for not a lot of gain [unless you were going for a big power conversion]?

What I understood from my local tuner is that the older the car the smaller the chance that you get the old downpipes lose without breaking 1 or more bolts. And if they break you can drop the engine. So indeed, very little gain, a lot more noise. Decided against it. Only makes sense (in my opinion) if you go larger turbo's. With standard turbo's the max gain is I think 20 HP or so. I have currently akra exhaust, cobb with GTC tune, intakes and 1000 cc injectors. Should be around 600 HP or a tad over. The 20 HP difference not worth the job, nor the noise in my opinion.

lewis-s 28th February 2012 08:26 PM

downpipes arnt too hard to fit, the problem is the lambda sensors can be hard to remove due to the heat exposure. mind you i couldnt believe how much more responsive the car felt!, i was a bit worried it would be too loud at first, but tbh on tick over it sounds almost no different to how it was, absolutely awesome under acceleration tho! sounds really exotic. i feel its transformed my car! my most favourite mod so far without a doubt :). although definately not necessary

*MAGIC* 28th February 2012 08:54 PM

GTC Titan = THE DOGS BIG DANGLY BITS

petersafc 28th February 2012 09:09 PM

Just got to get intakes, re map and the car wrap then its all done!

lewis-s 28th February 2012 09:16 PM

yeah intakes make huge gains and are reasonably priced! those along with your titan and your sorted :thumbsup:

thunderball 28th February 2012 09:22 PM

Thanks tomgtr and lewis-s for the info. Will have to have a think.......

lewis-s 28th February 2012 09:49 PM

no probs thunderball! In all fairness i agree with tomgtr on the downpipes, they have HUGE novelty factor and i think they are great! but realistically when you weigh up the costs against the power gains it may not be worth it, specially if you break a bolt/sensor. i got lucky and they went in with no problems, but the job could get very expensive if it goes pear shaped. leaving you wishing you never bothered. i would say go for the y-pipe/titan combo which is guaranteed satisfaction! and then maybe think about downpipes at a later date should you feel the need, both options sound amazing :)

AK-500 28th February 2012 10:11 PM

Is there more stock of Titans? If so what does it set you back?

[email protected] 28th February 2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewis-s (Post 1585314)
yeah intakes make huge gains and are reasonably priced! those along with your titan and your sorted :thumbsup:

Lewis, are you running bigger injectors ?

On the subject of downpipes, they are love or hate thing

real world they absolutely do make gains, they can be the difference between a 11.xx and 10.8 second 1/4's. They lower engine temps, improve response (as lewis mentioned). improved tq and hp. if you like your GT-R to sound deeper on idle and high pitched up top you know the combo.

downside. can be a pain to fit. sensor can easily be damaged trying to remove. some people do find them too loud and remove them afterwards, so highly recommend have a listen or even go out in a full decat GT-R. They will run the oem injectors very close with maxium duty with even mild tune. Cat codes need to be turned off with a map (lewis). Your gonna aid to global warming :flame:

lewis-s 28th February 2012 10:51 PM

hi ben! yes im running bigger injectors mate

i dont find the downpipes sound too loud at all! coming from a full decat evo its a far more enjoyable sound

i might add that bens downpipes are of outstanding quality, amongst the best ive ever seen, coupled with the titan you really cant go wrong. and as with all of his products theres all the advice you could ever need either on here or over the phone! (should you need it)

and yes i found out the hard way about cat codes lol! but never mind! cheers for the help. And thanks to jurgen aswel of course! I'm sorted :)

Protegimus 29th February 2012 08:58 AM

Nice one Peter, also looking forward to hearing it.
I take it you fitted it yourself?

06:00 Sunday run and back for breakfast?

Protegimus

bhp 29th February 2012 09:14 AM

Peter, Glad to see you got it all fitted and are enjoying a very good exhaust system.