GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/)
-   General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/general-nissan-r35-gt-r-chat.html)
-   -   Have you upgraded your MY11 and what did you choose? (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/162169-have-you-upgraded-your-my11-what-did-you-choose.html)

u116371 9th March 2012 11:13 PM

Have you upgraded your MY11 and what did you choose?
 
Just had a y-pipe fitted to MY11 and am looking to see what other people have done with their MY11s. I have been in contact with the main guys on here who provide ecutek and cobb. I'm interested to hear what others have done and the reasons they have gone down a particular route. Not really interested in turning this into a who is better thread just want to get an opinion on what people have got done and were they concerned over warranty? Stage 4 or 650r conversions that sort of thing - thanks!

Blade 9th March 2012 11:33 PM

56 Attachment(s)
I have spent probably in the region of 500k modifying cars. I've modified most things with all kinds of tuners with even custom engine builds by mountune.

One thing I have learnt is to buy tried and tested.

Look for the tuner that does to the car what you want to do, that does strong r&d and not just bolt on parts or import other tuners work.

Pay more for quality. Cheaper is not often smarter but don't spend unnecessarily.

So, yes, I hav an MY11 and have already modified it with y pipe and ecutek map.

Lots planned, following no one's design or package, but cherry picking the things I see working the best, being the best made, most reliable etc

I like Litchfields honest approach backed up with strong r&d but have no experience of others.

grahamc 10th March 2012 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade (Post 1592014)
I have spent probably in the region of 500k modifying cars. I've modified most things with all kinds of tuners with even custom engine builds by mountune.

One thing I have learnt is to buy tried and tested.

Look for the tuner that does to the car what you want to do, that does strong r&d and not just bolt on parts or import other tuners work.

Pay more for quality. Cheaper is not often smarter but don't spend unnecessarily.

So, yes, I hav an MY11 and have already modified it with y pipe and ecutek map.

Lots planned, following no one's design or package, but cherry picking the things I see working the best, being the best made, most reliable etc

I like Litchfields honest approach backed up with strong r&d but have no experience of others.

Cheery picking is normally a little more expensive, as you generally take the best from each package, but definitely a very good way to go!

Tangent - what other cars have you owned and modified? 500k?!?!?! I may have spent around 50k modding cars, you just take it to another level!! :bowdown1:

Jasper013 10th March 2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by u116371 (Post 1591984)
Just had a y-pipe fitted to MY11 and am looking to see what other people have done with their MY11s. I have been in contact with the main guys on here who provide ecutek and cobb. I'm interested to hear what others have done and the reasons they have gone down a particular route. Not really interested in turning this into a who is better thread just want to get an opinion on what people have got done and were they concerned over warranty? Stage 4 or 650r conversions that sort of thing - thanks!

Took on board plenty of advice, freely given by the great and the good on here, and have decided to go down the Stage 4 road to start with. Will then tart the beast up with some exterior CF goodies followed by a brake upgrade when the current pads/ discs are shot. Have also spied some nice looking seats that might even put in an appearance.
Re: Warranty. Always a gamble but have seen little evidence to suggest that a) Nissan would not be 'fair' when it came to handling a claim unrelated to any mod b) that the car can't handle some modest improvements.

Grimblin Gibbon 10th March 2012 08:47 AM

My signiture says it all! :thumbsup:

HSimon 10th March 2012 08:50 AM

I think the stage 4 that Iain quotes, would be the one i would go for, as imo, it goes far enough, for what i want, and not OTT. My problem is im still unsure wether i want to mod my 10 car, or buy an 11, or new 12 car, which are superior to my own, and keep that standard, with full warranty etc. So far, every time i drive my own car, i have a ball, so im just rolling with it at present, and see what happens. In reality, even this standard 10 car, is more than quick enouigh to keep me entertained, on the road. Like Blade says, dont follow the crowd, go for the mods that you think will make the car better, for you personally. Regards, SIMON.

donski D 10th March 2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper013 (Post 1592075)
Took on board plenty of advice, freely given by the great and the good on here, and have decided to go down the Stage 4 road to start with. Will then tart the beast up with some exterior CF goodies followed by a brake upgrade when the current pads/ discs are shot. Have also spied some nice looking seats that might even put in an appearance.
Re: Warranty. Always a gamble but have seen little evidence to suggest that a) Nissan would not be 'fair' when it came to handling a claim unrelated to any mod b) that the car can't handle some modest improvements.

When you getting the stage 4 conversion? And who's doing it?

Jasper013 10th March 2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donski D (Post 1592199)
When you getting the stage 4 conversion? And who's doing it?

Hi Don, decided to take it down to Litchfields. Driving down on the 11th April, car booked in with Iain for the 12th - head back up the road whenever car is ready (slightly quicker maybe!).

Paul

donski D 10th March 2012 09:18 PM

Paul, what ecu upgrade is that then Cobb or Ecutech ??

I'm going to pick one in the next month so interested what one and why?

Cheers
Don

Jasper013 10th March 2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donski D (Post 1592450)
Paul, what ecu upgrade is that then Cobb or Ecutech ??

I'm going to pick one in the next month so interested what one and why?

Cheers
Don

Ecutek - had decided I would head down to see Iain after hearing so much positive feedback. So it wasn't so much a decsion on which brand of map but more who was I going to be happy with tinkering with my cars brain! If you are still undecided, happy to catch up after the surgery so you can take a look over the result.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
http://www.Tyreforums.com


Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.