GTR Forum banner

Which exhaust?

2K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  saucyboy 
#1 ·
There are several different systems available. A simple check on ebay will show various that all look fine. I am keen on replacing the Y pipe and the cat back for increased performance potential. However, I am very keen on being allowed onto race tracks, so am keen on the noise level not creeping up too much.

Does anyone have any experience on any of the individual manufacturers systems? Milltek seems to be the most popular, since it appears that both Litchfields and SVM use them, but I am ever on the look out for a cheaper alternative!

#22 ·
Had a look at these but most suppliers say a minimum order of 5 and then there is the question of import duty / tax etc. I have a full Miltek system (down pipes back inc Y pipe) 6 months old but like the sound of a titanium system so the Miltek might be up for sale if anyone is after a trackday friendly system?

#4 ·
Milltek do a nice stainless steel one which is well made and will definately get you on to the track. A little quiet for my tastes though. Akrapovic do a very nice but pricey titanium system that should also get you on pretty much every track with the added bonus of a tasty weight saving as well :thumbsup:

#6 ·
Why do people complain when some one asks a question, what's the point of the forum, might as well have shut it down after a year and just let people search!!

:blahblah:

I have a gtc Titan 80 mm and gtc ti y pipe non resonated. I had it sound tested at 103db so I can get on most track days!

It is a great exhaust with a crazy sound!

#7 ·
Well I went for the XSPower titanium version as not being located in UK. It is going to be installed in a week or two, so keen to do a sound level measured as the car is being prepared for the track use. With secondary cats removed my target is 98-99db, but we will see if it turns out realistic...

#9 ·
Well I went for the XSPower titanium version.... With secondary cats removed my target is 98-99db
I think that the XSPower one looks very similar to one sold by 'topgear', in the UK. I can order the whole system from the US (downpipes, Y pipe, cat back) for $1600 ($1300) if I lived in the States.

I am doubtful, looking at it, that 99db is realistic. It looks like a straight through pipe to me. Good luck!

#8 ·
Thank you all. Although there is lots of information about exhausts, there is not too much about the sound levels....

I would love, just love, to able to walk in and demand the Akarapovic system, but the car itself was stretching finances enough.

I was really after a cheaper alternative, but have that old mantra 'buy cheap buy twice' ringing in my ears.

The cheap chinese ones may be okay, but the first I will know about it being too loud is when i get refused entry to a track day. I will look into the others mentioned here.

#15 ·
I'd be interested to hear from any one that has the XS Power exhaust fitted. Just been looking on their site and a stainless 3inch system Y-pipe and rear section seems to come in around £850, which is fantastic.

I'm after a loud system (I know childish lol) and am not worried about track db. Like to know what owners think about the fitment and quality if poss :thumbsup:

#19 ·
Here is the Dynograph off their site.This is for full Akra Evo system including y-pipe. The gains are not that great knowing that they compare it to stock system with cats as a baseline. I would assume that 17hp difference is hardly to be felt past 5k RPM. I would think that Miltek or any other system which replaces the y-pipe will demonstrate exact same performance. Im not saying it is a "bad" system just want you to see/challenge what the manufacturers are trying to make us believe.... In my oppinion if you like the design and sound then GTC TITAN is the system for you to consider.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.