GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/)
-   General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/general-nissan-r35-gt-r-chat.html)
-   -   250K R35's in Import Tuner Mag (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/162453-250k-r35s-import-tuner-mag.html)

AK-500 16th March 2012 01:44 PM

250K R35's in Import Tuner Mag

4 Attachment(s)
Saw this article, two R35's worth 250K a piece.

Mookistar 16th March 2012 02:27 PM

"worth" is the wrong word methinks ;)

CT17 16th March 2012 02:28 PM

160k(ish) in GBP, still a fair amount!

AK-500 16th March 2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mookistar (Post 1595551)
"worth" is the wrong word methinks ;)

Yea, you'r right, should have written "cost $250K"

WingedBeast1968 20th March 2012 12:45 AM

Chavtastic :)

Just had a great idea. Buy a Vauxhall Corsa and spend 40k in Halfords making it look rediculous.
Nobody has done that before.

SteveRaspberry 20th March 2012 11:03 AM

PMSL!

There's more than a few of those around here! Had a kid/chav/idiot in a body kitted Seat with ridiculously loud exhaust "offer" me the chance to race him at the lights. Couldn't stop laughing at him! Obviously the Blue GTRs are the slowest and give him a chance to win!

Needless to say, his offer was gracefully declined. :chuckle:

TAZZMAXX 20th March 2012 11:45 AM

When will these ****** journalists stop calling the R35 a ****ing Skyline?:chairshot

lightspeed 20th March 2012 11:50 AM

When will ******* Nissan start calling it a Skyline!!!!

WingedBeast1968 20th March 2012 09:14 PM

Guys guys, skyline, no skyline? Master sheep pooh say a baked noodle is always tougher than a steamed noodle. :)

I reckon, and I'm sleeping with one eye open,....it's a SKYLINE!:bowdown1:

WingedBeast1968 20th March 2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveRaspberry (Post 1597435)
PMSL!

There's more than a few of those around here! Had a kid/chav/idiot in a body kitted Seat with ridiculously loud exhaust "offer" me the chance to race him at the lights. Couldn't stop laughing at him! Obviously the Blue GTRs are the slowest and give him a chance to win!

Needless to say, his offer was gracefully declined. :chuckle:

His time will come! The car with the blue indicators will have him. Lol

CT17 20th March 2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WingedBeast1968 (Post 1597768)
I reckon, and I'm sleeping with one eye open,....it's a SKYLINE!:bowdown1:

It is, in spirit of what a Skyline is in the UK. :D
But not by build. Or to the Japanese.

WingedBeast1968 20th March 2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT17 (Post 1597822)
It is, in spirit of what a Skyline is in the UK. :D
But not by build. Or to the Japanese.

Even if we drop the word Skyline, it's still the successor to the R34 GT-R.
I'm proud of my Skyline heritage.

I would have loved to own, though too poor, an R34 Skyline GT-R back in the day. By the time I could afford to buy one, it had become the R35 Skyline GT-R.
If Nissan wanted to make it more up market, and distance it from the tuner religion, they should have used a truly uncrackable ECU, and have every node on the CAN bus use a public/private key system for the comms. So we couldn't even switch out the ECU for an aftermarket tunable one, coz nothing else on the bus would work with it. All they had to do was ask me. Lol
And they should have called it Nissan S1 GT-R.

Rant over. LOL

TAZZMAXX 20th March 2012 11:00 PM

Nope, where the Skyline name is concerned, the R35 has never been one despite the heritage of the previous 3 incarnations. If you allow it to be called that, you'll be inundated with people whose mate's have got the 'baby Skyline', the 350Z. Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

CT17 20th March 2012 11:02 PM

True, but we have this thing for the word "Skyline" in the UK which I don't understand if you look at the range of vehicles Nissan made.
It's just the name of a family model in reality, like "Focus" is to Ford.
It seems like because we never got the humdrum versions of the Skyline the name came to mean something else. It's the GT-R that makes it special. :)

WingedBeast1968 20th March 2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAZZMAXX (Post 1597842)
Nope, where the Skyline name is concerned, the R35 has never been one despite the heritage of the previous 3 incarnations. If you allow it to be called that, you'll be inundated with people whose mate's have got the 'baby Skyline', the 350Z. Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

I agree with that. I used to have the baby R34, the S14 200SX. :)
Oh yeah, I had an S12 which insisted on pulling the exhaust manifold out the side of the head on full boost too. I don't remember seeing a wastegate either.
Lol

WingedBeast1968 20th March 2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT17 (Post 1597848)
True, but we have this thing for the word "Skyline" in the UK which I don't understand if you look at the range of vehicles Nissan made.
It's just the name of a family model in reality, like "Focus" is to Ford.
It seems like because we never got the humdrum versions of the Skyline the name came to mean something else. It's the GT-R that makes it special. :)

Absolutely. And the first time they used GT-R was on the 2000GT-R. No mention of Skyline.

I want my R35 to be a Skyline, damn it. Please? :runaway:

Nigel-Power 20th March 2012 11:22 PM

Blimey some expensive Skylines there.

I'm wondering how much the green Skyline is worth... the Hulk one.

WingedBeast1968 20th March 2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel-Power (Post 1597866)
Blimey some expensive Skylines there.

I'm wondering how much the green Skyline is worth... the Hulk one.

Mmmmm. Nope, I'm not mental. LOL

Nigel-Power 21st March 2012 12:01 AM

It's obvious why some journalists still call it the Skyline.

You don't need to stress yourself if anyone did call it that.. to the point where you breaking your computer.

TAZZMAXX 21st March 2012 10:31 PM

One day later, I may have changed my mind.

I went on site today to measure up for some work and an engineer said to me "how are you mate, have you still got your Skyline?". Instead of putting him straight, I nodded, smiled and said " yeah, still got it".

AAAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh