GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/)
-   General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/general-nissan-r35-gt-r-chat.html)
-   -   Litchfield get first Syvecs beta ECU (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/162542-litchfield-get-first-syvecs-beta-ecu.html)

Litchfield 18th March 2012 11:58 PM

Litchfield get first Syvecs beta ECU

This week our 2011 demonstrator had a complete upgrade before a round of serious testing begins. New suspension, gearbox upgrade, Sport engine with new turbos have completely transformed the car :)

A major part of this big update is the new Syvecs S8 ECU and latest Ecutek gearbox software. We are delighted to be the first company in the world to experience this incredible ECU, something Iím sure will go on to be a game changer throughout the GTR market :D

We have known the Directors of Syvecs for many years and have used their advanced ECUs on some of our Subaru builds so have been closely following their GTR project with interested and helping out where needed. The GTR is an amazingly complicated car with numerous integrated control systems that all need to communicate perfectly to make the car perform. So for a small British company to engineer such a complete solution is nothing short of incredible! :thumbsup:

The feature list of S8 is right up there with very best top line motorsport ECUs and the power, speed and flexibility it gives the tuner is extraordinary :clap:

http://www.litchfieldmotors.com/foru...-installed.jpg

Our car had the first customer ECU installed and it fired up first time, a couple of dyno sessions and a short road mapping session and we have a great base file to work with.

Below are the power and torque figures from our LM Sport engine which features our LM850 Billet Turbos.

http://www.litchfieldmotors.com/foru...torque-web.jpg

You can see the great boost control the S8 has with 857bhp coming at just 1.45bar :)

http://www.litchfieldmotors.com/foru...&boost-web.jpg

We will now continue to refine the engine maps for our various packages but the most exciting thing about the S8 is the options it opens up for us, like itsí extremely powerful traction control :cool:

As the engine power of the GTRs are now increasing significantly over stock levels the standard traction control system fails to have the speed and refinement needed to control the car effectively and safely. With the S8 we are able to dial in custom settings to suit the weather conditions along with instant swapping between engine maps using the cruise control buttons.

There are also multiple launch control options for building boost off the line which are very effective! ;)

Shortly a couple more development kits will make their way over to top US tuners AMS and Switzer so they can begin Beta testing before a full roll out beings :)

We have already suggested a couple of features we would like to add and within a couple of days these will already be in the latest firmware update. A remarkable product! Well done Ryan, Pat and Charlie :clap:

If you are interested in the experiencing it first-hand why not come and try our demonstrator.

Much, much more soon :thumbsup:

Regards

Iain

Fazza 19th March 2012 12:04 AM

Great figures, lots more to look forward to when I pop down!

saucyboy 19th March 2012 12:38 AM

Incredible stuff mate. I can't believe what is going on in the GTR scene :smokin:

DWC 19th March 2012 12:53 AM

Crikey Iain, Unbelievable. 850 bhp. Amazing. Im impressed.

Stevie76 19th March 2012 03:24 AM

Stunning....something else to add to the list of things 'I need' :chuckle:

Anders_R35 19th March 2012 07:09 AM

Fantastic work and great power for such little boost.

GTaaaaaarrrrrr! 19th March 2012 08:26 AM

Great work there and impressive power at low boost. What sort of gearbox mods are you running to cope with the extra (huge) slug of torque Iain?

Jm-Imports 19th March 2012 11:30 AM

awesome stuff ian...

did you utilize all the sensors for safety or just using OEM?

can wait to see what it will do for my car.

[email protected] 19th March 2012 12:13 PM

looking good lads

Hope to compare notes soon...:) All good for Team UK
kk

Jm-Imports 19th March 2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 1596943)
All good for Team UK
kk

:thumbsup:

Adamantium 19th March 2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 1596943)
looking good lads

Hope to compare notes soon...:) All good for Team UK
kk

Kev,

Surely with the traction control facilties this would afford you, this must be an essential mod for your green car?

(I don't do names for cars, I think only girls name cars - sorry).

[email protected] 19th March 2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamantium (Post 1597014)
Kev,

Surely with the traction control facilties this would afford you, this must be an essential mod for your green car?

(I don't do names for cars, I think only girls name cars - sorry).

My wife named the Hulk (there is more than one green [email protected] lol)
Yes i will keep all my options open, but for now these new platforms on R35s have to prove,
Cobb lead on the world stage @this point imo, and after results from the weekend i'm still quite happy with a world best no issues
Drivability A1, Power A1 and Reliability A1
Its Down to Ryan/Iain To Improve, ill keep and open mind, and also look at all
platforms, on the market
kk

Anders_R35 19th March 2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamantium (Post 1597014)
Kev,

and the fail safe trips that could save an engine. It's only a matter of time before all the main tuners are using the Syvecs IMO.

Adamantium 19th March 2012 03:14 PM

Failsafe trips are a very important feature as far as I'm concerned.

I thought that they were my idea when I suggested them to the now creator of syvecs when he specced the ecu for my subaru back in the day but it turns out they've been in place for years.

I was really pleased with my idea for cutting boost when oil pressure was low but revs high - turns out I'm not special :(

Anders_R35 19th March 2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamantium (Post 1597036)
turns out I'm not special :(

just a special case :chuckle:

Adamantium 19th March 2012 03:40 PM

I was laying bets with myself as to who would say that first. Didn't expect it to be you.

I would have said special needs.

MiGTR 19th March 2012 07:43 PM

Great work by everyone involved, in for the updates.

Ryan.g 19th March 2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamantium (Post 1597036)
Failsafe trips are a very important feature as far as I'm concerned.

I thought that they were my idea when I suggested them to the now creator of syvecs when he specced the ecu for my subaru back in the day but it turns out they've been in place for years.

I was really pleased with my idea for cutting boost when oil pressure was low but revs high - turns out I'm not special :(

I have lost count on the amount of engines the syvecs has saved when an oil seal has gone and its tripped the engine to save the bearings etc or fuel pump failure which has tripped and stopped engine melting!

Heres one from weekend!

Why would you bother with a Syvecs

Was a shame that later on the head studs could not hold the cylinder pressures of over 2bar of boost on race fuel but when the coolant jacker did pressurizes it did kill engine straight away to stop it bending rods.

Ryan.g 19th March 2012 11:24 PM

Thanks for Kind words Ian, your requests are done. Uploading video of it now :)

If anyone wishes to come test out the traction give ian or myself a shout. Just a brief on how it works. The stock Ecm controls torque reduction via the throttle plate and ignition retard but its reaction speed is very slow due to the time it takes for the throttle to adjust to reduce torque. I have had my 630hp gtr completely sideways before it has done anything about it. With the S8 its instant via ign and fuel cut or ign retards for small amount of slip and fully adjustable via the steering wheel buts to adjust for Rain, drag or tarmac.

Its then full mappable against Lateral G which the S8 has on the GTR and loggable as with every other parameters at up to a 1000 times a second.

The launch control is another breed and my stock gearbox will not be happy if i launch at 0.5bar of boost again on lots of demos but will save it for the strip :)

AMS and Swizter will show how it works at the weekend :)

Adamantium 20th March 2012 08:26 AM

Ryan,

I remember reading that you need to buy a replacement ecu if the pedestrian safety thingy trips.

If you have a syvecs, does it disable this feature?