my first gtr - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21st March 2012, 12:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
cozy133 is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

my first gtr

Hi guys hope your all well, i am new here and really need some guidance. I will be buying a gtr in the coming weeks and have seen a couple online that seem good. i went to look at one today but the gentleman lied about the owners when it had about 6 so now im a bit weary. i have seen one in southampton thats on piston heads with alot of mods from a company called alpinesports but again am weary as it might have been raced or abused. there is also one up north with 9k miles on it but very poor history, what should i be looking out for guys pls help..
Many thanks
Old 21st March 2012, 12:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
SklyaFett is unaware they can edit their status
Registered

Cars owned: R33 GTR v-spec mpIII
I take it your looking at R32 or R33 GTR's then (skylines). This is the R35 GTR section just so you know, there not so keen on the 'old' skylines lol. There is a buyers guide on here somewere if you search for it. I will post a bit more for you a bit later mate just feedin my 1 year old. But a few of the guys on here will defo be able to help, were all a very nice bunch.

Welcome to the forum!!
Old 21st March 2012, 01:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
cozy133 is unaware they can edit their status

hey mate thanks for the reply, yes im after a r35 black edition, the 6 owners probably gave u the indication of old models but that was the issue it was a 09 plate with 5 owners and himself lol so yeh very dodgy, but any help would be appreciated..

thanks again

Old 21st March 2012, 01:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
SklyaFett is unaware they can edit their status
Registered

Cars owned: R33 GTR v-spec mpIII
Sorry !! Yes I thought because of 6 owners it would be an earlier model!! Im not to up to speed on the r35 tbh. But they do sound like fantastic cars, and I will be upgradeing when the funds are there. I think you were right to walk away though. If someone is willing to lie about something as obvious as how many owners a car has then what else are they lieing about. Might be worth calling SVM and ask there advice or see if they know a car they could recomemend
Old 21st March 2012, 01:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
WSMGTR is unaware they can edit their status

The search function here is not great but Google search and there will be loads threads on the topic
Old 21st March 2012, 01:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Robbie J is building a Datsun with a RB in
Registered

Cars owned: RB 280Z, 997 T and STI Leggy
cozy

get a service history, tuned or standard, that goes for most cars

has any work been done like bell housing which is a known fault, you might hear this on test drive. Go to a meet and hear somebody else's GTR so you know what to look for. the meets start in April

You will pay more form a Nissan dealer but get some piece of mind... they are not cheap so its worth it to be careful

you can update the firmware so getting a early car with low mileage is not a bad route and then spend a bit of money at Litchfeilds to make it close to the current spec
Old 3rd April 2012, 06:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
ameen is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: EG Sir2 170bhp, EP3 civic TypeR 220bhp, Evo 4 300bhp, Sti Ra 360bhp, Evo 6 GSR 380bhp, E46 M3 smg vert 346bhp...
Full service history is a must I think... Just means the owners cared about there cars enough to have them checked out and stuff..
The one with 9k but poor service history: are these cars able to get clocked?? I thought this was only possible with old cars.