GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/)
-   Skyline and Stagea "How to" and DIY guides (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/skyline-stagea-how-diy-guides.html)
-   -   Ikeya Formula Sequential Shifter-English Instructions. (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/163174-ikeya-formula-sequential-shifter-english-instructions.html)

Sub Boy 3rd April 2012 07:10 AM

Ikeya Formula Sequential Shifter-English Instructions.

I've been getting a few PM's from people asking how I got on installing my Ikeya Shifter as they only come with Japanese instructions, At the time of this post, I haven't tested it yet, But due the very helpfull guys at RHD Japan:bowdown1:, I got some of the instructions translated.

Enjoy!

Chris.

************************************************** ************************************************** *********
CAUTION
- Your MUST install the Plunger Bolt Collar (one of the three provided)
- You will not be able to use the Sequential Shifter to its fullest potential without installation.
- Ikeya Formula cannot be held accountable for product failure is the customer does not swap out the Plunger Springs.
************************************************** ************************************************** **********

The washers mentioned in your email are called the Plunger Bolt Collars
Three types
- 12.5mm (inner diameter)
- 10.5mm (inner diameter)
- One Piece Plunger Collar

You will have to remove the Bolt A in Section 1 on the front of the transmission (see image 30-1 & 31-1), add on the Plunger Bolt Collar (see image 32)
There are two collars included which can be used. Use the collar which matches with Bolt A.
DO NOT DO THE ABOVE IF ONLY BOLT B IS ON YOUR TRANSMISSION.
If your transmission has only Bolt B, the ball which is held by the bolt will drop into the transmission.

*In the case that your transmission only has Bolt B
Loosen Bolt B (DO NOT REMOVE) and remove the Ball Plunger. Remove the O-Ring and the base of the Plunger and attach the One Piece Plunger Collar.

Torque Specs: 20 ~ 25N-m (2.0 ~ 2.5 (kg-m))
Add sealant to prevent leaking of oil from both Bolt and Spring Washer areas.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...r/Sections.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...oltCollars.jpg

The 3 Fittings on the Shift Lever, Adjuster Bolts A, B, & C
Adjuster Bolt A: Tighten/Loosen to keep shifter from going out of gear. Tighten if shifts feels too light or the shifter goes out of gear. Before adjusting, please always loosen the Adjuster Lock Bolt. Tighten the Adjuster Lock when adjustment of Adjuster Bolt A is finished.

Adjuster Bolt B: After shifting up or down, maintenance may be necessary if the hook on the shifter does not drop down all the way after a gear change and you miss-shift on your next gear change. In this case, the first step is to lubricate the hook of the shifter for smoother movement. If lubrication does not fix the problem, the spring inside of Adjuster Bolt B may have shifted from its position.
In this case, loosen the Adjuster Bolt B Lock Bolt (be careful for damage to the bolt hole/deterioration of the bolt) and tighten Adjuster Bolt B a quarter turn at a time until miss-shifting up/down is no longer a problem.
If this also does not fix the problem, loosen the Adjuster Bolt B Lock Bolt (be careful for damage to the bolt hole/deterioration of the bolt) and removed Adjuster Bolt B. If the spring position inside is crooked/sideways, straighten it out and reinstall Adjuster Bolt B. Tighten the Adjuster Bolt B Lock Bolt afterward.

Adjuster Bolt C: Upon installation of the Sequential Shifter, if it is possible to shift from N -> R or 5 -> N without the operation of the safety lock lever, loosen the Adjuster Bolt C Lock Bolt then tighten Adjuster Bolt C a quarter turn at a time until the shift lock works and shifting from N -> R or 5 -> N can't be done without the operation of the safety lock lever.

The two M/T Springs are for the Transmission itself. You need to remove the two bolts identified in picture 30-2 as Bolt C and swap out the spring s inside with the springs which come with the Sequential Shifter. The second bolt is on the other side.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2.../MTSprings.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...usterBoltC.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...usterBoltB.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...usterBoltA.jpg

I'm happy to help with what I can further to this....But this should answer a few questions.
Chris.:)

RonniNielsen 8th April 2012 07:54 PM

AWESOME!!!

Ive actually asked rhd if they could provide this if i bought the shifter trough them, but they told me to put in the order first, so i wasent going to take any "chances"

Get you car on the streets, and let me know how good it works, so i can order one :D

Ronni

Sub Boy 8th April 2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonniNielsen (Post 1608202)
AWESOME!!!

Ive actually asked rhd if they could provide this if i bought the shifter trough them, but they told me to put in the order first, so i wasent going to take any "chances"

Get you car on the streets, and let me know how good it works, so i can order one :D

Ronni

Getting my car going isn't from a lack of trying.....bloody builders/fabricators slowing me down:mad:

RonniNielsen 8th April 2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sub Boy (Post 1608225)
Getting my car going isn't from a lack of trying.....bloody builders/fabricators slowing me down:mad:

Any timescale?

Ore just done when its done kind of thing?

Nigel-Power 8th April 2012 09:30 PM

This thing does not work as far as I'm aware.

the mechanism is not efficient and causes breakage of components, also it will break synchros in the event of a mis-shift.

Get it done see how you get along.

It would be helpful to hear from someone who has installed this.

Sub Boy 8th April 2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel-Power (Post 1608235)
This thing does not work as far as I'm aware.

the mechanism is not efficient and causes breakage of components, also it will break synchros in the event of a mis-shift.

Get it done see how you get along.

It would be helpful to hear from someone who has installed this.

This is the common thought with the shifter, but most of the problems are from not setting it up properly.
There are many working out there.....but it remains to be seen if I can get it sorted.

Sultennok 4th June 2012 06:31 PM

Hi Sub Boy.
I have a Ikeya shifter here with me.. Bought it brand new last season, installed it and killed a RB25 gearbox at first event. Haven't had the courage to try it again.
Now i run a PPG 1-4 Dog kit in a RB25 gearbox and is a little tempted to install it again. ( as i have an idea that it works better with the dog engagement kit.)
Do you have any idea if there is a possibility to adjust the throw of the shifter? Ive seen videos on the internet with the friends S15 running the shifter on the Ikeya Formula dog gear kit, and it seems that the shifter doesn't have as much throw as mine.

Thanks
Jacob

ryan_010 4th June 2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sultennok (Post 1635585)
Hi Sub Boy.
I have a Ikeya shifter here with me.. Bought it brand new last season, installed it and killed a RB25 gearbox at first event. Haven't had the courage to try it again.
Now i run a PPG 1-4 Dog kit in a RB25 gearbox and is a little tempted to install it again. ( as i have an idea that it works better with the dog engagement kit.)
Do you have any idea if there is a possibility to adjust the throw of the shifter? Ive seen videos on the internet with the friends S15 running the shifter on the Ikeya Formula dog gear kit, and it seems that the shifter doesn't have as much throw as mine.

Thanks
Jacob

Mark Berry ran this shifter with the ppg dog box and it only lasted a few laps. I had a ppg dog engament box and without shifting with perfect clutch dis engagement it was quite rough on you arm if you didn't get it perfect not to mention when it got clutchless shifted. Berry reported the mechanizime wasn't robust enough to take the force and broke.

What exactly failed in your gearbox after you installed the shifter?

Sultennok 6th June 2012 01:45 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sultennok
Hi Sub Boy.

Thanks
Jacob
Mark Berry ran this shifter with the ppg dog box and it only lasted a few laps. I had a ppg dog engament box and without shifting with perfect clutch dis engagement it was quite rough on you arm if you didn't get it perfect not to mention when it got clutchless shifted. Berry reported the mechanizime wasn't robust enough to take the force and broke.

What exactly failed in your gearbox after you installed the shifter?
It turned a selector fork into something i havent seen before :-) it also stripped 3.gear.
Im actually not worried about the ikeya shifter Breaking, it doesnt seem to take any effort to shift gears with my PPG. Im worried that its going to kill a couple of dog rings before setup correctly

ryan_010 6th June 2012 06:56 PM

Fast engagement is normally better with dog boxes doesn't give the dogs a chance to not engage properly and cause wear. If it works and it's reliable would be a nice setup for racing.

freakazoid3 12th June 2012 10:35 AM

Maybe I'm being thick but even with the English translation I only understand maybe 50% off what is written :confused: Always wanted one off these but read to many horror stories to actually go out and get one :flame:

Sultennok 23rd July 2012 10:04 AM

Is anyone gearbox enclined enough to explain to me the function of installing the collar to the plunger bolt? What is obtained by doing so?

Thanks