GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum - View Single Post - My R32 GTR pics
Thread: My R32 GTR pics
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2012, 12:35 PM   #249 (permalink)
tarmac terror
tarmac terror is Wondering why it says 'New User' below.....*confused*
New Users

Cars owned: Genuine R32 GTR; Genuine-ish X5 4.8iS; Completely fake BMW M6; Reasonably Genuine Peugeot 306 Rallye
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Kindness View Post
we fitted a 12gal JAZ tank to our R32 GTR.

Originally we didnt fit a swirl pot due to the sump in the tank and the foam inside BUT then realised that the 044's dont 'pull' fuel through.

I was advised of this but thought I knew best LOL - you heard the pumps running dry when braking.

So... now we have twin 044's fed by two inline feeder pumps and from memory we have a swirl pot too. Cant honestly remember which car has what now!!!
Thats very interesting Adam as I distinctly remember on a fuel related thread ages ago that I was advised that I wouldnt need a lifter pump/swirl pot system running a tank like this.....seems I might have to rethink that!!!

What did you use as feeders and how did you wire them all?? I.e. separately/2+2/all 4 together??

TT
R32GTR- Stage 6; Frank Baxter exhaust with K-pipe; Rick Astley cams; Dave Gahan electrics; Bjorn Ulvaeus race prep; Howard Jones gearbox upgrade; Ray Charles body mods and styling. Mapped by Glenn Medeiros.------> Beat that R35 owners with dodgy parts list sigs :)
tarmac terror is offline   Reply With Quote