Nissan Extended Warranty Prices? - Page 3 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance


Like Tree1Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12th April 2012, 10:56 PM   #41 (permalink)
Zed Ed is elsewhere, mostly
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
Zed Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: East London
Cars owned: BRZ track project
Posts: 4,906
Oh bugger, been found out

It's a tiddler

My bell housing is fine
__________________
had my fun, now I'm off
Zed Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 09:16 AM   #42 (permalink)
R35Audio is an R35 GTR Audio Specialist
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Preston
Cars owned: Nissan GTR, Supra TT, 2 x M3 Cab, 335d
Posts: 1,657
Will the likes of litchfield or warranty direct warranty the audio/nav system. I was looking at a car at a nissan dealer and quizing him on warranty work they had done to previous cars. He listed very little but then came out with a story of a head unit with a faulty button. They replaced it under warranty but he said the bill was around £7,000
__________________
R35Audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 09:19 AM   #43 (permalink)
TriQe is Stage 5. That'll do.
Registered
 
TriQe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: West London
Cars owned: Currently - R35, (past) Impreza wrx sti ppp, E46 M3, E36 M3, VW Scirocco storm. Current bikes - BMW S1000RR and Ducati Diavel.
Posts: 91
the only response to that would be to scream "RAPE !"
__________________
TriQe is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 13th April 2012, 10:46 AM   #44 (permalink)
Adamantium is apparently poisonous to Wolverine - who knew?
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: London
Cars owned: Audi S5 3.0TFSi, Audi Q5 3.0TDi
Posts: 9,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by as5606 View Post
Will the likes of litchfield or warranty direct warranty the audio/nav system. I was looking at a car at a nissan dealer and quizing him on warranty work they had done to previous cars. He listed very little but then came out with a story of a head unit with a faulty button. They replaced it under warranty but he said the bill was around £7,000
Speak to Iain Litchfield about this.

Last time I was there he mentioned the warranty to me and I asked exactly that question. The short answer was yes.

It was exactly why I was interested as in all honesty the standard Nissan warranty is no guarantee once you have mods. You take that risk once to start tuning. The value of the warranty I would hope to relie on is in covering things like the audio system, and the headlight units etc.
__________________
Adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 11:14 AM   #45 (permalink)
michaelsk is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlastoVeteran View Post
Just be careful when comparing warranties that they are not all equal.

At £760 Warranty Direct will not be pay for labour to get to the failed component and neither will they pay diagnostic fees. So if your gearbox goes then you'll be definitely glad you've got it but for smaller items you'll still be paying a hefty chunk towards the cost of repair.

I'd be interested in Litchfield's policy on this, but I'm sure it will be very reasonable.
awaiting docs, but was told on phone £760 included labour at upto £200 ph i.e approved HPC and diagnostics
__________________
michaelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 11:14 AM   #46 (permalink)
smifffy is GTR happy
GTROC Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 145
I'm English and angry. So I wrote a letter

---


Dear James,

I would like to place a formal complaint with you regarding Nissan's handling of extended warranties on the Nissan GT-R. I have been passed your details by another GT-R owner. If you are not the appropriate person to handle the complaint I'd be grateful if you could pass it on.

The complaint is based on:

- Last minute pricing information
- Lack of detailed information on terms and conditions
- The price point
- Lack of co-ordination with HPCs

1) Last minute pricing information
My car is a May 2009 UK GT-R supplied by the HPC in Slough (WLMG). I find myself less than a month away from the manufacturer's warranty expiry and despite several queries raised I only have a few lines of an email confirming the pricing of Nissan's proposed extended warranty. This is unacceptable as it doesn't give me time to take a fair market analysis of the warranty options available to me. As a customer service point it's appalling.

2) Lack of detailed information on terms and conditions
The few lines on a email that I have do not provide me with any of the information I need to make sure the proposed warranty is a suitable product for my needs. For the flagship product of a global brand I find this amazing. My expectation would have been a clear pricing policy months in advance and an information pack with details of what is covered, what the exceptions are and all other details I need to make my choice.

3) The price point
The price that the HPC has supplied to me is £2656.00 for 12 months (up to 60k miles) and £6566.00 for 24 months (up to 100k miles). This is out of kilter with all of the other performance cars I have owned and those I can benchmark against. I had understood that the GT-R's aim was to be an everyday supercar for anyone. This pricing policy doesn't reflect that core value.

4) Lack of co-ordination with HPCs
I have spoken to my HPC several times now to get the pricing on this warranty. I would have expected a pro-active approach from Nissan and my HPC, however after more prompting I got a few lines of an email yesterday. I was directed to a call centre who advised me that they were no longer handling new warranty extensions (after Dec 1st last year). I referred back to the HPC who have now raised this to the area manager to get further details on the warranty. Looking at activity on various websites I can see that many other owners are in the same position and their HPCs seem to have had a similar lack of information from Nissan GB on this issue.

As a first time customer of Nissan I find this extremely disappointing. I look forward to your response.

Kindest regards,
__________________
smifffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 11:15 AM   #47 (permalink)
smifffy is GTR happy
GTROC Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 145
Sent to James Deacon and Cc'd into James Wright.

I'll update with responses.
__________________
smifffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 11:36 AM   #48 (permalink)
scampbird is unaware they can edit their status
GTROC Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Cars owned: R35 GTR
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by smifffy View Post
Sent to James Deacon and Cc'd into James Wright.

I'll update with responses.
Top work, thanks.
__________________
scampbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 11:40 AM   #49 (permalink)
Henry 145 is without a GTR
GT-RDC Member
 
Henry 145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hampshire
Cars owned: M4 CP, R35GTR X 3, B8 RS4, 997 GT2, 997 GT3, 997TT, 996TT, Evo IX FQ-360, E46M3, RR Vogue and RRS TD V8
Posts: 2,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by smifffy View Post
Sent to James Deacon and Cc'd into James Wright.

I'll update with responses.
Great letter...bravo
__________________
Henry 145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 11:54 AM   #50 (permalink)
smifffy is GTR happy
GTROC Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 145
Good prompt response from James Deacon saying they will investigate and come back next week.
__________________
smifffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 12:04 PM   #51 (permalink)
smifffy is GTR happy
GTROC Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 145
As a comparison, this is how Porsche deal with it:

Clear website showing the product, pricing. Reassurance from Porsche - Porsche Service | Porsche

And clear PDF showing headline terms and exclusions.
http://files.porsche.com/filestore.a...ault&version=2

It may be Nissan have got all of this and we just haven't seen it. But it seems unlikely given that the HPCs don't know about it and no-one on here knows about it either.
__________________
smifffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 12:18 PM   #52 (permalink)
Adamantium is apparently poisonous to Wolverine - who knew?
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: London
Cars owned: Audi S5 3.0TFSi, Audi Q5 3.0TDi
Posts: 9,073
let's say all your questions were answered?

do you seriously expect them to come down on price?

If they don't, would you really considered £6500 for two years warranty? What's the value of your claims so far?

I reckon Litchfields would rebuild your stock engine/gearbox for less than that IF you had a failure and if you don't you'll be £6500 better off.

Come to think of it, that's probably why Litchfields are doing a warranty.
__________________
Adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 12:27 PM   #53 (permalink)
smifffy is GTR happy
GTROC Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 145
I'm not sure what to expect. So far all I have is a few lines in an email with some pricing - but nothing official. I want to hear:

1) What the official line is from Nissan GB with all the terms and conditions so I can make an informed decision
2) Why Nissan has allowed it to come to this

If Nissan don't know that we, as owners, are p1ssed off then they won't be able to do anything to resolve it. The first step is to tell them and then see what they do.

I'll be asking Iain at Litchfield to give me all the T&Cs, exclusions etc too. Sure, the headline price may be superb but if there are many exclusions and options as to why the warranty won't pay then the higher priced product may be right. I'm not saying that's the case here as Iain and Litchfield have an excellent reputation - I'm saying that I want all the info to make my decision and I'm p1ssed off because so far I have none.

On my car the following warranty work has been done:

- Full instrument pod replacement
- Bellhousing fix
- Driver's footwell carpet replaced
- Tyre Valve sender unit

I suspect that's quite a cost. But yes, it's *very* unlikely I'd go for the prices they seem to be quoting now.
__________________
smifffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 12:58 PM   #54 (permalink)
TriQe is Stage 5. That'll do.
Registered
 
TriQe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: West London
Cars owned: Currently - R35, (past) Impreza wrx sti ppp, E46 M3, E36 M3, VW Scirocco storm. Current bikes - BMW S1000RR and Ducati Diavel.
Posts: 91
Well voiced.

Is there any way we can help by making it clear that you are representing a number of shared interests ?

and perhaps lend additional weight and visibility to them of the brand damage / marketing impact that is a result of poor management on their part ?
__________________
TriQe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 01:01 PM   #55 (permalink)
ANDYR35 is unaware they can edit their status
GTROC Member
 
ANDYR35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Glasgow.
Posts: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by as5606 View Post
Will the likes of litchfield or warranty direct warranty the audio/nav system. I was looking at a car at a nissan dealer and quizing him on warranty work they had done to previous cars. He listed very little but then came out with a story of a head unit with a faulty button. They replaced it under warranty but he said the bill was around £7,000

I thought I read somewhere on the forum that the audio components have a 5 year warranty on them...........Did I read wrong??
__________________
ANDYR35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 01:02 PM   #56 (permalink)
Adamantium is apparently poisonous to Wolverine - who knew?
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: London
Cars owned: Audi S5 3.0TFSi, Audi Q5 3.0TDi
Posts: 9,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by smifffy View Post
On my car the following warranty work has been done:

- Full instrument pod replacement
- Bellhousing fix
- Driver's footwell carpet replaced
- Tyre Valve sender unit
Encouragingly, nothing that the standard warranty would fail to cover if "voided" by modifications.
__________________
Adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 03:05 PM   #57 (permalink)
smifffy is GTR happy
GTROC Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriQe View Post
Well voiced.

Is there any way we can help by making it clear that you are representing a number of shared interests ?

and perhaps lend additional weight and visibility to them of the brand damage / marketing impact that is a result of poor management on their part ?
Sure. I think for now I'll stick to the line that there are many likeminded owners, but if I need to get specific then I'll put a request into this forum thread.
__________________
smifffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 04:00 PM   #58 (permalink)
scampbird is unaware they can edit their status
GTROC Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Cars owned: R35 GTR
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by smifffy View Post
Sure. I think for now I'll stick to the line that there are many likeminded owners, but if I need to get specific then I'll put a request into this forum thread.
For what it's worth I hinted quite a while ago, via this forum, that the GTROC should bring this up as an issue with Nissan. I understood the GTROC have regular meetings with them. Perhaps I should have been a little more vocal, but it strikes me that, for 09 owners, this is a pretty big issue. Not all of us are so gung ho that we're happy to live without a warranty - as a vocal bit of this forum seem to be.
__________________
scampbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 04:25 PM   #59 (permalink)
Zed Ed is elsewhere, mostly
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
Zed Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: East London
Cars owned: BRZ track project
Posts: 4,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by scampbird View Post
For what it's worth I hinted quite a while ago, via this forum, that the GTROC should bring this up as an issue with Nissan. I understood the GTROC have regular meetings with them. Perhaps I should have been a little more vocal, but it strikes me that, for 09 owners, this is a pretty big issue. Not all of us are so gung ho that we're happy to live without a warranty - as a vocal bit of this forum seem to be.
I'm not gung ho and I've now survived for four days without a warranty, and I don't plan on buying one.
__________________
had my fun, now I'm off
Zed Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 04:44 PM   #60 (permalink)
SamboGrove is Currently GTR-less
GTROC Member
 
SamboGrove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Newcastle
Cars owned: R32 GTR, AUDI A3, R35 GTR (Sold)
Posts: 3,298
Luckily I have 18 months left on my warranty so no need to panic. But kudos to you smifffy for taking the initiative a well worded, well set out argument and hopefully we will get a resolution to this farcical situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smifffy View Post
I'm English and angry. So I wrote a letter

---


Dear James,

I would like to place a formal complaint with you regarding Nissan's handling of extended warranties on the Nissan GT-R. I have been passed your details by another GT-R owner. If you are not the appropriate person to handle the complaint I'd be grateful if you could pass it on.

The complaint is based on:

- Last minute pricing information
- Lack of detailed information on terms and conditions
- The price point
- Lack of co-ordination with HPCs

1) Last minute pricing information
My car is a May 2009 UK GT-R supplied by the HPC in Slough (WLMG). I find myself less than a month away from the manufacturer's warranty expiry and despite several queries raised I only have a few lines of an email confirming the pricing of Nissan's proposed extended warranty. This is unacceptable as it doesn't give me time to take a fair market analysis of the warranty options available to me. As a customer service point it's appalling.

2) Lack of detailed information on terms and conditions
The few lines on a email that I have do not provide me with any of the information I need to make sure the proposed warranty is a suitable product for my needs. For the flagship product of a global brand I find this amazing. My expectation would have been a clear pricing policy months in advance and an information pack with details of what is covered, what the exceptions are and all other details I need to make my choice.

3) The price point
The price that the HPC has supplied to me is £2656.00 for 12 months (up to 60k miles) and £6566.00 for 24 months (up to 100k miles). This is out of kilter with all of the other performance cars I have owned and those I can benchmark against. I had understood that the GT-R's aim was to be an everyday supercar for anyone. This pricing policy doesn't reflect that core value.

4) Lack of co-ordination with HPCs
I have spoken to my HPC several times now to get the pricing on this warranty. I would have expected a pro-active approach from Nissan and my HPC, however after more prompting I got a few lines of an email yesterday. I was directed to a call centre who advised me that they were no longer handling new warranty extensions (after Dec 1st last year). I referred back to the HPC who have now raised this to the area manager to get further details on the warranty. Looking at activity on various websites I can see that many other owners are in the same position and their HPCs seem to have had a similar lack of information from Nissan GB on this issue.

As a first time customer of Nissan I find this extremely disappointing. I look forward to your response.

Kindest regards,
__________________
Sold: White R35 2010 Black Edition
Current: R32 - Nur engined - KH2 - TE37s
SamboGrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
http://www.Tyreforums.com

tyreforums

 

Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.