GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/)
-   General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/general-nissan-r35-gt-r-chat.html)
-   -   cobb access port (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/163476-cobb-access-port.html)

dannyrydzek 10th April 2012 07:07 PM

cobb access port
 
has any used one i have just got a second hand one cheap and have just ordered japspeed full system how easy are the cobbs to fit and is it easy to set up once i have put the exhaust on there....hope to do it all friday so someone please help.......?????
it has gtc stage1 map and gtc stage 2 map aswell as custom live map for 630 bhp

[email protected] 10th April 2012 07:28 PM

plug & play easy


feel free to call me if you need help. suggest send me datalog or post on here


http://accessecu.com/support/docs/ma...UserManual.pdf

use a battery charger while flashing first time. When it asks do you want to save stock data select cancel (small button) otherwise will take 30 mins. Make sure climate control & is off

update firmware first http://accessecu.com/support/accessp...nagerSetup.exe


don't fit downpipes without injectors

dannyrydzek 10th April 2012 07:38 PM

please send me your number if you can please i have got cobb coming tommrrow but was ordering exhaust full system in the morning from japspeed but could really do with a bit of advice if you dont mind, i would appricate your help so much ....thank u

Adamantium 10th April 2012 07:40 PM

If you are accepting Ben's help, at least have the decency to buy an exhaust from him and not from Japspeed!

What does he get for passing on his help and expertise with the cobb product?

If you haven't ordered yet, hold fire and see what he has to offer!

dannyrydzek 10th April 2012 07:53 PM

i will now he has offerd to help me that is why i want his number before i make the wrong choice tommrow morning ...but thanks for your help

[email protected] 10th April 2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamantium (Post 1609078)
If you are accepting Ben's help, at least have the decency to buy an exhaust from him and not from Japspeed!

What does he get for passing on his help and expertise with the cobb product?

If you haven't ordered yet, hold fire and see what he has to offer!

haha thanks Adam. No worries :)

[email protected] 10th April 2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyrydzek (Post 1609084)
i will now he has offerd to help me that is why i want his number before i make the wrong choice tommrow morning ...but thanks for your help

just realised our no. isn't in my sig. but its 01438833367

not trying to hyjack your intended exhaust buy just don't want a newbie to do anything wrong say stop flash 1/2 way though or use a map intended for a different gtr! etc..

bobel 10th April 2012 08:01 PM

You won't go wrong with Ben mate, without doubt the best guy I've had the pleasure of dealing with, great customer service and an expert tuner!

dannyrydzek 11th April 2012 01:19 PM

titaniumexhaust
 
thanks very much to ben at gtc. exhaust and other bits ordered with gtc he was more help than i could ask for with everthing ....will be sticking with them for future addons.....with poet video when bits araive cant wait:clap::clap::clap:

FLYNN 11th April 2012 06:19 PM

Your the one that bought that off ebay then/?????

dannyrydzek 11th April 2012 08:55 PM

no sorry flynn

dannyrydzek 12th April 2012 06:01 PM

its all on there now thanks ben sounds well nice
will be at gtroc meet at ace cafe if you are coming

[email protected] 12th April 2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyrydzek (Post 1610176)
its all on there now thanks ben sounds well nice
will be at gtroc meet at ace cafe if you are coming

nice 1 Danny. sorry to be the bearer of bad news today that your used AP wasn't unmarried from previous GT-R :(

FLYNN 12th April 2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 1610179)
nice 1 Danny. sorry to be the bearer of bad news today that your used AP wasn't unmarried from previous GT-R :(

Do they need to be "unmarried" from the car before uninstalling???

[email protected] 12th April 2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYNN (Post 1610185)
Do they need to be "unmarried" from the car before uninstalling???


unmarring / uninstalling is the same thing. whoever sold Danny his AP did not uninstall, its easy enough with a big uninstall logo. if you look in about settings it will say if installed or not also...

FLYNN 12th April 2012 06:21 PM

Thats not good. Was looking into buying one off ebay last week, just missed out on it. Ill bare this in mind.

Is there a solution if it hasn't been un-installed?

[email protected] 12th April 2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYNN (Post 1610192)
Thats not good. Was looking into buying one off ebay last week, just missed out on it. Ill bare this in mind.

Is there a solution if it hasn't been un-installed?

if you buy off ebay double check its been uninstalled

if not will need to track down the GT-R and uninstall. only other solution is forced divorce :chuckle: which is effectively a new licence

FLYNN 12th April 2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 1610197)
if you buy off ebay double check its been uninstalled

if not will need to track down the GT-R and uninstall. only other solution is forced divorce :chuckle: which is effectively a new licence

Cheers for the info. How much is a new licence?

[email protected] 12th April 2012 06:53 PM

We've never yet had to get a new licence but i'd imagine its as good as buying a new AP as that's where the cost is in the software r&d not in the AccessPORT itself

One or two guys have accidently had their map overflashed by a Nissan dealer and Cobb were nice enough to reset foc


ben


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
http://www.Tyreforums.com


Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.