GTR.....new R35 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11th March 2002, 07:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
US_98_Vspec_R33
US_98_Vspec_R33 is unaware they can edit their status Edit

GTR.....new R35

I have started working for a Nissan dealership here in the states and according to our regional director, who came in to show us the new line coming to the US in the next two years, they will be bringing the GTR here. It will be called the GTR, be sold by Nissan, not Infinite, as some thought, and will most likely be along the same lines as the Fairlady Z, with some changes to mark the car differently. It will probably run with the same 3.5 litre motor that almost all the cars here have- Maxima, Altima, Pathfinder, new Z car. Of course, it will have some bump in horsepower, but the only one I see them playing with is the superchargers with the frontier truck line, and the Xtrerra lines. No word on horsepower, mostly handling components, for the racers. Nismo will be here in 2003-2004, with a full warehouse in Sacramento, California as they said when I approached them at the Las Vegas show 1 month ago. The rb26 motor is gone like the big blocks of the sixties....427, 396, 428, 426 etc...but I know I will have some great stories to tell my kids......
Old 15th March 2002, 08:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
bnr34vspec2 is unaware they can edit their status

Hi there,

I am a U.S. GTR owner too, which state are you in?

Thanks a lot for the insider information on the U.S. spec 35 GTR, which makes me feels a lot better, since the new V6 is never going to hang with the mighty RB26

One question I have is, are we going to be able to order and buy Japanese spec parts for the R32-R34 GTR directly from Nismo USA when Nismo is here? Any ideas

Thanks ahead,

Jeff
Old 16th March 2002, 02:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
US_98_Vspec_R33

In South Dakota, only one here...it's nice.
It will not be called the R35, just the GTR. They may put asupercharger on it, you never know!? And that will give it some variables-Different sized pullies more air...New computer, etc... don't count it out yet, we'll see. By the fact that they had a Nismo Rb26dett motor on a stand to show off, I'd hope so. But at the time of the show no one knew as of then, but they are there to make money, so I'm sure someone will want it at Nismo.
H.

Old 16th March 2002, 05:45 AM   #4 (permalink)

wow South Dakota, I am sure you have the only GTR in that state, probably forever!

From looking at all the factory supercharged street car from the past, none of them can be tune like a turbo car, especially the RB26DETT. But you are right, we will never know until it comes out.

Jeff
Old 16th March 2002, 02:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
US_98_Vspec_R33

Yep, made all my money in the Penny stocks of the late 80's, and just wanted a place to go fast, and they wouldn't care about when or what I flew onto property with-- helicopter, twin engine plane, whatever at 2:30 in the a.m.
Old 16th March 2002, 08:29 PM   #6 (permalink)

ha ha ha.....good for you

Jeff