GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/)
-   General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/general-nissan-r35-gt-r-chat.html)
-   -   Exhaust question need help please (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/163540-exhaust-question-need-help-please.html)

hnk 11th April 2012 10:30 PM

Exhaust question need help please
 
Hi guys,

I'm new here this is my first post in this nice forum.

I'm looking for a quiet catback for my R35.

I'm thinking to buy GTC catback exhaust but I'm wondering does the exhaust will fit my midpipe (Titek titanuim race midpipe) ?

also I'm thinking to buy HKS legamax exhaust with a good price deal

Which one do you recommend ? which one is quieter ?

I'm looking for preformance and quiet system

Thank you

SamboGrove 11th April 2012 10:34 PM

If you want a quiet system the Milltek SS cat back is probably the one to go for.

A GTC titan will certainally not be quiet! And i'm not sure about the HKS system.

Most of the noise from the exhaust comes from the y-pipe. Is titanium setup at the moment resonated or non-resonated?

hnk 11th April 2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamboGrove (Post 1609779)
If you want a quiet system the Milltek SS cat back is probably the one to go for.

A GTC titan will certainally not be quiet! And i'm not sure about the HKS system.

Most of the noise from the exhaust comes from the y-pipe. Is titanium setup at the moment resonated or non-resonated?

titanium non-resonated

I liked GTC because its titanium. Do you think GTC system will fit to my system ?

thank you for your post

SamboGrove 11th April 2012 10:44 PM

To be honest i'm not sure. Best chap to speak to is Ben Linney from GTC. He'll probably be able to do you a good deal on a titan as well. But if its quiet you;re after a non-res titanium y-pipe coupled with a titan exhaust will not be the way to go. It;ll sound gorgeous but it will be LOUD!

hnk 11th April 2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamboGrove (Post 1609791)
To be honest i'm not sure. Best chap to speak to is Ben Linney from GTC. He'll probably be able to do you a good deal on a titan as well. But if its quiet you;re after a non-res titanium y-pipe coupled with a titan exhaust will not be the way to go. It;ll sound gorgeous but it will be LOUD!

I want a system which sounds like oem catback but with better tone and more flow

SamboGrove thank you for your reply

vxrcymru 12th April 2012 01:14 AM

If you want quiet then go Milltek!

[email protected] 12th April 2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hnk (Post 1609776)
Hi guys,

I'm new here this is my first post in this nice forum.

I'm looking for a quiet catback for my R35.

I'm thinking to buy GTC catback exhaust but I'm wondering does the exhaust will fit my midpipe (Titek titanuim race midpipe) ?

also I'm thinking to buy HKS legamax exhaust with a good price deal

Which one do you recommend ? which one is quieter ?

I'm looking for preformance and quiet system

Thank you



Hi,

yes the Titan will defo mate up to any y-pipe including the Titek. we have Titan's in stock at the moment, but alot are going out to europe, USA & ME.


If your have an EDM model GT-R and want the legamax bear in mind the prezel design will hit the edm fog light and need removing....

petersafc 12th April 2012 09:18 AM

i have a titan with un resonated ti gtc y pipe, it is certainly not quiet. Still go for the titan as it sounds great! Not much drone either.

Henry 145 12th April 2012 09:59 AM

GTC Titan is really loud even with quieter Y Pipe...I have taken mine off and switched to a Milltek system which is much quieter but still makes a good sound...the Titan is really drony at 2k 60mph and gave me a headache

petersafc 12th April 2012 05:48 PM

Miltek is boring in my opinion! To much like stock!

dannyrydzek 12th April 2012 06:03 PM

full gtc titan is on mine and sounds sweet.....milltek is a bit to quite for me but we must all like different things
ben at gtc is the best person to speak to for help

hnk 13th April 2012 10:47 PM

Thank you all for your help :)

TREG 14th April 2012 08:32 AM

3 Attachment(s)
A Miltek sounds perfect tome as I wouldnt want a loud exhaust now that left my ears bleeding....

Armanc1 14th April 2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 1609959)
Hi,

yes the Titan will defo mate up to any y-pipe including the Titek. we have Titan's in stock at the moment, but alot are going out to europe, USA & ME.


If your have an EDM model GT-R and want the legamax bear in mind the prezel design will hit the edm fog light and need removing....

This I can confirm myself as I installed the "pretzel" design on my EDM gt-r. The foglight will not be the only problem... The tow hook fixture will also have to be heavily modified as well the system itself will need couple of welds to "correct angle" and make as much room possible near the bumper grille. So quite a "project" if you want it nicely done. Better I would have gone for GTC TITAN from Ben if you ask me.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
http://www.Tyreforums.com


Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.