Nissan High performance centre promise - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 3rd May 2012, 09:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
m4rc1980 is Stage 4.25
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Nissan High performance centre promise

When I Purchased my Black Black edition back in 2009 from HPC Mill Hill along side the car the salesman "Neil Reynolds" told me that by purchasing a brand new Nissan GTR I would also receive a track day at silverstone with nissan's driver academy as part of the purchase.

"Great" I thought although don't expect to do this for a while as there was a big back log of people due to the waiting list of orders etc etc.

I did nothing in the first year of ownership apart from enjoy my new pride and joy!!

A year later I decide I would chase his up with Mill Hill as I didn't hear anything, they told me that would look in to it and get back to me. Long story short, lots of phone calls and a years worth of emails and promises to get back to me I finally decide to contact nissan customer service to complain about the lack of response from Nissan's Mill Hill HPC Branch.

To My disgust this is what i received back:

Dear Mr Kemp

Thank you for contacting Nissan Customer Services regarding your Nissan GT-R, registration number *****.

Having investigated your concerns in relation to the driverís day which you believed was being offered when you purchased your Nissan GT-R, I can now confirm that there was no such incentive offered by Nissan Motor (GB) Limited in September 2009.

I trust my actions meet with your approval, however, should you require any further assistance, you can contact me on 01923 899334. Our office is open between 8.30 and 6pm, Monday to Friday.

Yours sincerely

Mark GODBER
Senior Case Manager
Nissan Customer Services

NISSAN MOTOR (GB) LTD.
Phone Number: 01923 899 334
Fax Number: 01923 899 918
E-mail: [email protected]

Basically Im a Lier!!!!!! Yes because I spend £60k on a car and then would clearly make up a fantom story about something that was offered to me as part of the sale of the car!

by the way I have replied to this and the so called SENIOR CASE MANAGER who clearly needs to go on a customer service course himself also couldn't be bothered to get back to me, just like Nissan Mill Hill didn't and hasn't for over a year "yes i have kept the whole stream of emails" just incase but clearly Nissan is happy to make promises take your money and not give a sh*t after that!!

Was this driver day / academy just pretend or have other people done this & offered this when you purchased the car??
Old 3rd May 2012, 09:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
rb320ed is unaware they can edit their status
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Cars owned: RB320
I was promised something similar by my dealer when I ordered in Jul 10 and picked up in Nov 10......nothing came of it......ended up paying for a CAT day myself at Millbrook, which was great!!!
Old 3rd May 2012, 09:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Aerodramatics is online, on his feet and enjoying motoring in his GT-R again. Yaay!
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: Azure GT
To be fair, I think Nissan Europe honoured this for all the Pre-Orders Launch cars mid-way through the official wait. Check out GT-R Academy days at Silverstone/Nurburgring in September 2008 on YouTube.

I guess they decided they could not afford it for the next wave of customers and the salesman wrongly assumed it would be repeated. Then again the delivery wait was considerably shorter for post launch customers, but I still sympathize as you were given something to look forward to and then it was taken away and you were rightly disappointed. It seems your beef is with your supplying dealer, not NMGB per se.

Corporate days like this at Palmersport or the Silverstone Academy are worth about £2k retail and a bit more on top when you consider the complimentary Arai GT-R helmet PR stunt a couple of months ahead of the track day to build up excitement. Nice tape measure too. Class. Kept mine somewhere

Last edited by Aerodramatics; 3rd May 2012 at 10:08 PM.. Reason: typos
Aerodramatics is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 4th May 2012, 10:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
jcullen is unaware they can edit their status
GTROC Member

Sounds similar to the free, before and after track day inspections I was offered. Salesman bullsh1t
Old 4th May 2012, 02:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
golferadmin7610 is 600hp and going up

Cars owned: GT-R MY10
Car salesmen or saleswomen will make up crazy stuffs to get you buy one of their cars.
I am a car guru, puff..... and the things I hear from sales people at motor shows, sometimes laugh my ass off.
But seriously, any offer should have an official paper with it.
Old 4th May 2012, 03:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Karls is Thinking about moving to Wales!
Registered

Exactly - get any promises in writing
Old 5th May 2012, 08:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
Boyakasha is unaware they can edit their status

"I trust my actions meet with your approval, however, should you require any further assistance, you can contact me on 01923 899334. Our office is open between 8.30 and 6pm, Monday to Friday."

Uh no!
You were told that you would get a track day at Silverstone and after fobbing you off for 2 years they think an email say tough luck buddy is good enough!

Shocking way to treat their customers.

On a side note when I bought my GT-R back in March the sales guy at Nobles told me they were going to have a track day set up and good to his word they have done it and I didn't get anything in writing to start with.

Last edited by Boyakasha; 5th May 2012 at 08:18 AM..
Boyakasha is offline   Reply With Quote