Need some advice - Page 2 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 7th May 2012, 06:55 AM   #21 (permalink)
james1 is thinking lipton tea? WTF
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

You seem hell bent on buying this car.......so buy it....otherwise heed the advise given and spend abit more for a proper mint car.

J
Old 7th May 2012, 06:55 AM   #22 (permalink)
digi is unaware they can edit their status

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominic1 View Post
A lot off money I think if things go wrong , you know what they say

"buy cheap ..... Buy twice"

Is it really worth it ?
thanks for the input. My thinking is if the only problem is the ABS pump (will need it doubled checked/inspected again from a trusted GTR tech) it would be a very nice runner and save myself the extra 15K GBP in buying the 2010 uk GTR. If its got other issues, as advised from yourself and other helpful members I would just walk and not give the car another second of thought.
Old 7th May 2012, 07:02 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by james1 View Post
You seem hell bent on buying this car.......so buy it....otherwise heed the advise given and spend abit more for a proper mint car.

J
The guy negotiating the deal for me is trying to get the owner to reduce the price so that it would include the fix for the ABS pump. If that pans out do you think its still worth the hassle?

thanks for the input

Old 7th May 2012, 10:13 AM   #24 (permalink)
sw20GTS is feeling the need for more powerrr
GTROC Member

Cars owned: Currently Audi Q7 and GTR Black Edition
I take it you are currently in HK? How well do you know this guy negotiating the deal for you? How well do you know the tuners and garages?

It's a little bit tricky but from what I can read here you seem to love the car a lot but unsure if it'll cost you a bomb after purchasing.

I would work out a firm price and stick to it. If seller agree then all the better but if not just walk away.

Btw, no pics?

edit: This guy who owns the lp700...is he sort of a short-ish bloke a little bit er...round as well? :P
Old 7th May 2012, 10:46 AM   #25 (permalink)

thks sw20gts, yes I'm currently in HK. I don't trust any of the aforementioned people but I do know a independent Nissan GTR tech who is known to be a straight hitter. I will take the vehicle to him for inspection and get him to give me the low down on the car. The guy has agreed to reduce his price and I need to inspect the car to make sure its:

1. Pre-crash
2. No error codes except C1111

pics, give me a sec. X:P
Old 7th May 2012, 11:07 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw20GTS View Post
I take it you are currently in HK? How well do you know this guy negotiating the deal for you? How well do you know the tuners and garages?

It's a little bit tricky but from what I can read here you seem to love the car a lot but unsure if it'll cost you a bomb after purchasing.

I would work out a firm price and stick to it. If seller agree then all the better but if not just walk away.

Btw, no pics?

edit: This guy who owns the lp700...is he sort of a short-ish bloke a little bit er...round as well? :P
yes, I do like the car, the mods are just about right, not some HKS GT600 etc. Wheels are already done to my taste, low mileage (I'm confident its gen becoz the dude is insanely loaded (well at least he has very expensive taste in cars) and he brought it from new. Here are photo's of it, albeit not the prettiest (not taken by me )

here's the guy LP700.

Insanely nice and cost like $500,000 GBP (half million pounds here in HK)
Old 7th May 2012, 11:21 AM   #27 (permalink)
sw20GTS is feeling the need for more powerrr
GTROC Member

Cars owned: Currently Audi Q7 and GTR Black Edition
Wow... nice number plate... A few GTRs in the 2nd last pic too Due to taxes you must be insanely rich to own a car like that in HK... I bet he is well known
Old 7th May 2012, 11:23 AM   #28 (permalink)
rob wild is In a R33 GTR
Registered

If it is just the abs pump that needs fixing, can you not say to the seller that you have found a GTR garage that you trust to do the work and you will pay asking price if he pays the bill for it to be fixed? Otherwise I'd walk away, as if its not the pump and turns out to be something else you might end up really out of pocket!

Just a though could you not contact a UK importer like JM-Imports of this forum and get him to export a low millage UK car to you?
Old 7th May 2012, 12:24 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob wild View Post
If it is just the abs pump that needs fixing, can you not say to the seller that you have found a GTR garage that you trust to do the work and you will pay asking price if he pays the bill for it to be fixed? Otherwise I'd walk away, as if its not the pump and turns out to be something else you might end up really out of pocket!

Just a though could you not contact a UK importer like JM-Imports of this forum and get him to export a low millage UK car to you?
I'm getting the trusted GTR tech tomorrow to re-inspect the vehicle from ground up again. Will get him to clear the codes, drive it and then re-read the error codes to see whats what. I've told the guy that I will buy the vehicle if and only if there is only a problem with the ABS pump. Anything else pops and I walk. Yes, will loose like 200GBP for inspecting 2x but buying used I guess it comes with the turf.

I figured this would be the easiest way as the owner is not the type that likes to get his hands dirty. I'm cool with that, just want to walk into the deal knowing that there's only 1 issue and not a can of worms. He's willing to reduce the final price and I'll need to put a little bit in to correct this, but the price I got from him is very attractive considering 0 owner, low mileage and all the goodies he's put on that he has no clue on what has been installed. Plus, he gets his new 991 tomorrow so he won't have time to mess with his old cars.

There's already a UK MY09 in HK forsale, was gunning for that but if this works out (I'm thrifty), I prefer to get a very low mileage older car simply becoz I will do some simple mods and make it a nice grocery kart. X

Last edited by digi; 7th May 2012 at 12:29 PM..
digi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2012, 12:33 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw20GTS View Post
Wow... nice number plate... A few GTRs in the 2nd last pic too Due to taxes you must be insanely rich to own a car like that in HK... I bet he is well known
The Ultimate Silver one directly behind the LP700 (can only see the bonnet) is the car I'm looking to pickup. Should hv taken some pics but somehow during the confusion during inspection, I never did.

I will inspect it tomorrow and will try to take some photo's.

Yes, he has F458, F430 Scuderia, California, SLS, 991 and others I'm not aware of in his garage now. Guys a supercar nut and whether you could classify him as insanely rich that may be up for debate in HK. Too many billionaires in town, but many are closet types that only interested owning real estate, ships, businesses etc. But yea, he's definitely got taste!!!

Last edited by digi; 7th May 2012 at 12:46 PM..
Old 7th May 2012, 12:41 PM   #31 (permalink)
Sweet is Hoping to be in a GTR soon

I don't understand why you have come on here asking for advice and have been given it, WALK AWAY! By pretty much everybody yet you have chosen to ignore the advice and carry on

You obviously want the car,so just buy the thing,it's your money and it will be your expensive bill.
Old 7th May 2012, 12:59 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
I don't understand why you have come on here asking for advice and have been given it, WALK AWAY! By pretty much everybody yet you have chosen to ignore the advice and carry on

You obviously want the car,so just buy the thing,it's your money and it will be your expensive bill.
I really appreciate the advice from members here, I was afraid there would be a can of worms. If some members said that it is a sign of bad abuse from continue hard braking or its happened on some GTR's in UK and its due to inferior parts etc etc. I'd know where I stand. Unlike the UK non of the car here in HK have warranty. Don't have that luxury for the GTR here. Even if I went with the UK MY09, there's no warranty. If it breaks its from my pocket. I gathered from some members that if the owner is willing to budge on his final price and everything else checks out it would be a calculated risk.

So, although there were many suggesting I walk (was going to walk if he wasn't going to budge on price), in the end he agreed to my terms and if all checks out during the second inspection, it should represent a good bargain.

Like to thank all that took the time to reply and provide constructive advice. You guys are my champs!!!

Last edited by digi; 7th May 2012 at 01:06 PM..
Old 7th May 2012, 01:04 PM   #33 (permalink)
Sweet is Hoping to be in a GTR soon

There is no such thing as a bargain when buying a GTR.
You have been told.
Old 7th May 2012, 01:15 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
There is no such thing as a bargain when buying a GTR.
You have been told.
so, what would you do given my dilemma apart from walk. No puns intended but just want to see what you would choose.

I've called nearly every GTR forsale in HK, not that many and most are like 2-4 owners, 30,000km+ and no service history albeit some receipt from regular garages. I'm up in smokes honestly.

The car was not priced at a bargain level. I basically whittled him all the way down. He wanted top $$$ for it.

Last edited by digi; 7th May 2012 at 01:18 PM..
Old 7th May 2012, 02:11 PM   #35 (permalink)
dominic1 is loving the LM20
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Cars owned: rs4(b7) 205gti (1.9) bmw330d(dms remap) plus many more
Good luck hope it goes well :-)
Old 7th May 2012, 02:26 PM   #36 (permalink)
robsm is red
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me, saving a lot and I'm sure its nothing that can't be fixed. Super low mileage for the car of that age, I'd just change all the fluids to be safe. Would also scrap that HKS kit, much better ways of tuning gtrs now. Get a Cobb at speak to ben at gtc. Cobb it and get the new gear box software from ben.
Old 7th May 2012, 03:14 PM   #37 (permalink)
SteveRaspberry is They don't call me SteveRasberry for nothing you know ...
GTROC Member

Cars owned: Land Rover Discovery
Quote:
Originally Posted by james1 View Post

J
I'll second that. If it's re assurance that this car is a good buy that you're after, then i think you're on barren ground my friend. Anoth little adage or saying for you:

"If the deal's too good to be true,then it usually is! "

You havd the wealth of experience of people on this forum all pretty much saying - " Don't buy it" I suggest you heed their advice tbh.
Old 7th May 2012, 03:35 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominic1 View Post
Good luck hope it goes well :-)
thx mate!!! I'm heading into the second inspection with a good amount of if its good then I'll take it, otherwise that's it, I'm going to walk away. Will take some photo's so members can see her tomorrow.

Last edited by digi; 7th May 2012 at 04:33 PM..
Old 7th May 2012, 03:46 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsm View Post
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me, saving a lot and I'm sure its nothing that can't be fixed. Super low mileage for the car of that age, I'd just change all the fluids to be safe. Would also scrap that HKS kit, much better ways of tuning gtrs now. Get a Cobb at speak to ben at gtc. Cobb it and get the new gear box software from ben.
hey rob, will change the GR6 oil for sure. Just need to wait for the local supplier to restock ffl4 then in she goes. (assuming everything pans out)

It doesn't have the HKS kit on, but from what I gathered from the tuners utterance last time, it has:

1. Circlips upgraded
2. New AP disc's all round + all new pads
3. New bushings all round
4. Additional oil cooler (whatever that was for I don't know becoz they didn't explain)
5. Mines VX-Rom which the owner didn't even know existed
6. Upgraded roll bars

Think the guy just tuned for the sakes of tuning. I will surely pickup the NIS-0006. From what I have read here, its a must. Yea, ben pm'ed me before and quoted for a e-tune and will contact him once things settle.

Its a deal for sure if only the ABS pump if screwed. I've been looking high and low, the only ones going close to this are 3-4 owners, atleast 30,000km on the clock and not maintained.
Old 7th May 2012, 04:00 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRaspberry View Post
I'll second that. If it's re assurance that this car is a good buy that you're after, then i think you're on barren ground my friend. Anoth little adage or saying for you:

"If the deal's too good to be true,then it usually is! "

You havd the wealth of experience of people on this forum all pretty much saying - " Don't buy it" I suggest you heed their advice tbh.
thx steve for your input. Was really hoping people could give me a technical feedback, but I've done some digging since the original post and even installed the Nissan Service Manual, as long as the code appearing is C1111 and nothing else, it should be a pretty safe bet. Will only know when we plug in the Consult III tomorrow. Also from my research it could be simple thing like:

1. low brake fluid - in which case I don't even need to change the ABS pump
2. Relearn - Since the steering system was worked on, they may not have done a relearn on the Steering angle sensor and G-sensor calibration, Pressure sensor and valve calibration
3. Battery - the cars been standing for sometime and I've read that if the battery is kind of low, this kind of error appears too.

These are just some of the possibilities that this C1111 is thrown.