The Hulk for sale! - Page 10 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14th May 2012, 08:44 AM   #181 (permalink)
Chubby is no longer content with 700bhp and is now going for 850 bhp... but now has 900bhp... Yipee
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: At present I have Evo X, Evo 9GT full race, Range Rover Sport, Mini Cooper S (turbo), Abarth 500, Boxster S & 911 GT3 gen 2.
Having just got back from a holiday where an internet connection was at best 'crap' I'm stunned to see some of the remarks that are here on this post..

Now I haven't had time to read all as they just make me mad and think that half the people on forums are retarded...

What is anything worth??? only what someone will pay for it!!!

Everything is for sale... at the right price...!!

Is anyone trying to say that the GTR R35 Spec V was worth the extra money??? As I believe they sold...

The Lexus supercar.. also sold...

The new Nissan Juke GTR at £460,000 for fork sake!!! and there selling them....

If someone wants to buy a special car they have to pay over the odds...

I have no idea how much I've spent on my car but if someone offered me £200k I'd sell it tomorrow... and buy another tomorrow and do it all again...

To some people £260k is a snip...

And then to start arguing about which GTR is best on the same thread - no wonder it wasn't posted on here... or why SVM are not replying for them it's a no win scenario!!

Rich.
Old 14th May 2012, 09:32 AM   #182 (permalink)
Impossible is Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
Having just got back from a holiday where an internet connection was at best 'crap' I'm stunned to see some of the remarks that are here on this post..

Now I haven't had time to read all as they just make me mad and think that half the people on forums are retarded...

Is anyone trying to say that the GTR R35 Spec V was worth the extra money??? As I believe they sold...

I have no idea how much I've spent on my car but if someone offered me £200k I'd sell it tomorrow... and buy another tomorrow and do it all again...

And then to start arguing about which GTR is best on the same thread - no wonder it wasn't posted on here... or why SVM are not replying for them it's a no win scenario!!

Rich.
Chubby I think your missing the point of what most people are saying...
for less then £250k you could get something as fast if not faster customized to exactly what you want. (even if you want the same spec as the Hulk)
People are also saying even if they had millions in the bank they would still think its over priced and opt for e.g. AMS Alpha Omega. Why go for the 2nd fastest GT-R when you can get the fastest for less money.
For most people SVM's valuation is ridicules. SVM try to keep a reputation of good value for money etc etc...but this just says the opposite for most of us.
Old 14th May 2012, 09:41 AM   #183 (permalink)
Ludders is was hoping that 2019 was going to be a good year!
Registered

Cars owned: R.I.P.S Drag-R + The Jun Lemon + The Sherbet Lemon + R35 GTR 650R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post

Rich.
Thanks Chubby, you just saved me posting a number of my thoughts.

How can anyone consider that SVM are in anyway financially unstable because they are offering to sell an extremely unique car for a sum of money which is less than the recent sale prices of a Juke R.

If they are clever enough to sell the Hulk at that price then bloody good luck to them. There are many extremely wealthy people in this world who buy things because they simply like the idea of owning it.

There are two possible scenarios here, someone will love the idea of owning the car and pay the money or it will not sell. Either way will not alter the fact that SVM's order book is full and the company is sound.

I do not blame SVM for not posting on here because they must be sick of the stupid comments that they have to read mainly from people who do no ground work and just comment blindly.

This type of 'sheep' behaviour has been seen numerous times on this forum. Tweenie Rob suffered from it because his fan base annoyed people; RIPS had to put up with idiotic posts always questioning their ability.

In summary it seems to me that if you dare pop your head up on this forum enthusiastically you are shot down by the usual crowd (whoever they are at the time) and the more you prove your case or the more open you are the more stupid the comments from some people become.

For some reason I thought that the people who want to be part of this community would want to see companies pushing their cars to the limit. On that journey things will break and lessons will be learned and believe me I am an expert on that subject. Just this weekend in the JDS Series at Santa Pod I trashed my transfer box, now surely that must be someone's fault right? Answer no! Another one was immediately transported from Abbey Motorsport and fitted to my car allowing me to carry on and end up as runner up of the competition.

Obviously the negative is that my transfer box failed but that is outweighed by far that Abbey did not go home Saturday evening until my car was ready to race. You see there are always two stories but I prefer the positive outcome as it drives me forward. Negativity is no more that an attitude which is obviously suffered by many on this forum

It would be really refreshing to read some positive threads and comments which just might have the effect of building up the enthusiasm on this forum and lead others into doing something interesting themselves instead of doing nothing but criticise others.

I do not own a 35, I do not use SVM as my tuner but I would hate to see their enthusiasm dampened by the constant barage of bull that they receive.

I say good luck to all the Skyline/GTR tuners in the UK and let's keep pushing the cars until we are the best in the world and if you can sell one and make a mint I wish you even more good luck.

Owner of the worlds quickest (manual) Street R34GTR built by R.I.P.S Racing and the worlds quickest Street R33GTR built by Abbey Motorsport.

Old 14th May 2012, 10:45 AM   #184 (permalink)
MIKEGTR is rolling on double deuces
GTROC Member

Cars owned: Midnight Purple R33 GTR
Jeff whilst I think it's unfair of people to speculate on the reasons for the sale, u can't blaim people for commenting when for the past 2 years they've had it rammed in their face that this car is going to break every record out there. Fact is that the bar has been raised to such a level by ams now that the cost involved to get anywhere near would be even more astronomical than what they no doubt are already and I believe that it's already sufferered a cracked block on its first true public outing. So for sale at £260k is a car that although undeniably an amazingly fast car, hasn't done any of the things it was supposed to do.

If I had £260k to spend on a car with lambo doors, then I'm afraid it would be a lambo.

If I wanted something that a little bit special then I'd buy a gallardo for £60k and send it for £200k of mods, but hey that's just me (& I haven't got £260k)
Old 14th May 2012, 11:23 AM   #185 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEGTR View Post
Jeff whilst I think it's unfair of people to speculate on the reasons for the sale, u can't blaim people for commenting when for the past 2 years they've had it rammed in their face that this car is going to break every record out there. Fact is that the bar has been raised to such a level by ams now that the cost involved to get anywhere near would be even more astronomical than what they no doubt are already and I believe that it's already sufferered a cracked block on its first true public outing. So for sale at £260k is a car that although undeniably an amazingly fast car, hasn't done any of the things it was supposed to do.

If I had £260k to spend on a car with lambo doors, then I'm afraid it would be a lambo.

If I wanted something that a little bit special then I'd buy a gallardo for £60k and send it for £200k of mods, but hey that's just me (& I haven't got £260k)
Mike I understand your point of view but SVM are not TRYING to sell the Huk it is like anything that is replaceable offer them enough money and they will sell it. This is just a reversal of that. What they are saying is give us this amount of money and it is yours otherwise it is not for sale. It's as simple as if someone offered me £100,000 for my Abbey Motorsport R33 they could have it and they would own the quickest 33 in the country. I would simply have another one built for less money. Good luck to them!

I also understand that while SVM keep openly telling everyone what their intentions are then they will have to keep trying to beat the records etc. Lots of people like to break records including me. I keep quiet until I do it but that is not everyone's way.

Two ways to look at it:

1. Keep quiet until you do something....that way if you cannot do it you can pretend that you never intended to in the first place.

2. Want to do something and tell people..... that way you do great things but during that journey everyone kicks you when a bit of support would be much better.

I know the Hulk has been around a while now but it does improve and improve. SVM are still saying they are going to go after the world speed record (GTR of course) and if we all support that effort SVM might just bring that record home. If they don't it will not be for the lack of trying. Why knock a company with balls as big as that? The fact that the bar has been raised has not cooled SVM's enthusiasm to continue with their aim of taking that record from AMS.

I, this weekend, was intending to run the first eight in my full weight R33 GTR, I did not broadcast it I was hoping to achieve it then tell everyone; that is my way; but I failed!!

If I had broadcast it in advance I would have had all the knockers on my back and when I failed as I did they would have all been right. That would have been really motivational for me to keep trying.....NOT!!!

I decided some time ago to not post my intentions on the forum due to the negativity that follows. Quite simply the feedback put me off announcing anything in advance.

However here we go:

My next attempt at an 8 second run will be at the Japshow in front of everyone who will be attending on the GTR Owners Club stand. I would love everyone to come along and watch and when I fail again they can all tell me what a ****** I am for trying.

Now, to say that the Hulk has not done anything it set out to do is plain crazy. To run 218 mph on standing water has got to be a world record in its own right. At the same event my car turned sideways at 185mph. ATCO's car did a 360 at a similar speed. You guys just really do not understand what it takes to do what is done.

It is expensive, it is thrilling and it is down right dangerous, but if it wasn't for the SVMs, Abbeys, RKs, RBMS, MGT etc etc constantly pushing forward it would be so boring! (Sorry tuning company if I did not mention you)

So in a nutshell give SVM a break as I am going to run an 8 second 1/4 mile in a full weight R33 GTR at the Jap Show so now everone can have a go at me.

Owner of the worlds quickest (manual) Street R34GTR built by R.I.P.S Racing and the worlds quickest Street R33GTR built by Abbey Motorsport.

Last edited by Ludders; 14th May 2012 at 12:00 PM..
Old 14th May 2012, 11:29 AM   #186 (permalink)
MIKEGTR is rolling on double deuces
GTROC Member

Cars owned: Midnight Purple R33 GTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludders View Post
Mike I understand your point of view but SVM are not TRYING to sell the Huk it is like anything that is replaceable offer them enough money and they will sell it. This is just a reversal of that. What they are saying is give us this amount of money and it is yours otherwise it is not for sale. It's as simple as if someone offered me £100,000 for my Abbey Motorsport R33 they could have it and they would own the quickest 33 in the country. I would simply have another one built for less money. Good luck to them!

I also understand that while SVM keep openly telling everyone what their intentions are then they will have to keep trying to beat the records etc. Lots of people like to break records including me. I keep quiet until I do it but that is not everyone's way.

Two ways to look at it:

1. Keep quiet until you do something....that way if you cannot do it you can pretend that you never intended to in the first place.

2. Want to do something and tell people..... that way you do great things but during that journey everyone kicks you when a bit of support would be much better.

I know the Hulk has been around a while now but it does improve and improve. SVM are still saying they are going to go after the world speed record (GTR of course) and if we all support that effort SVM might just bring that record home. If they don't it will not be for the lack of trying. Why knock a company with balls as big as that? The fact that the bar has been raised has not cooled SVM's enthusiasm to continue with their aim of taking that record from AMS.

I, this weekend, was intending to run the first eight in my full weight R33 GTR, I did not broadcast it I was hoping to achieve it then tell everyone; that is my way; but I failed!!

If I had broadcast it in advance I would have had all the knockers on my back and when I failed as I did they would have all been right. That would have been really motivational for me to keep trying.....NOT!!!

I decided some time ago to not post my intentions on the forum due to the negativity that follows. Quite simply the feedback put me off announcing anything in advance.

However here we go:

My next attempt at an 8 second run will be at the Japshow in front of everyone who will be attending on the GTR Owners Club stand. I would love everyone to come along and watch and when I fail again they can all tell me what a ****** I am for trying.

Now, to say that the Hulk has not done anything it set out to do is plain crazy. To run 218 mph on standing water has got to be a world record in its own right. At the same event my car turned sideways at 185mph. ATCO's car did a 360 at a similar speed. You guys just really do not understand what it takes to do what is done.

It is expensive, it is thrilling and it is down right dangerous, but if it wasn't for the SVMs, Abbeys, RKs, RBMS, MGT etc etc constantly pushing forward it would be so boring! (Sorry tuning company if I did not mention you)

So in a nutshell give SVM a break as I am going to run an 8 second 1/4 mile in a full weight R33 GTR at the Jap Show so now everone can have a go at me.

£100k for a car that doesn't even run the 8's it's meant to..... Sorry but I'm out

Lol
Old 14th May 2012, 11:38 AM   #187 (permalink)
Vigilante102 is tired of typing witty comments

Ive been a member of lots of car forums, but over time this form, as Ludders says above, seems to attack any tuner who try's to stand out.

The point isn't "what else you can buy" for that amount of cash, it's what people are willing to paying for the car as Chubb says, but also the car is a 'brand' as the hulk is very well known in the R35 world and some people will want to spend the money for a car that's appeared in mags etc and is well know.

Can people 'cheer up', and support tuners.
Old 14th May 2012, 11:40 AM   #188 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEGTR View Post
£100k for a car that doesn't even run the 8's it's meant to..... Sorry but I'm out

Lol

Go on my son get that ball rolling!!!

Old 14th May 2012, 11:45 AM   #189 (permalink)
Vigilante102 is tired of typing witty comments

Quote:

However here we go:

All the best with the run! I'll cheer for ya, whether you make it or not
Old 14th May 2012, 11:57 AM   #190 (permalink)
800bhp is making plans

Cars owned: Current Fleet : Drag 200SX, Alfa Giulietta Cloverleaf, Alfasud, Alfa 33 Racecar, Renault Trafic
Quote:
I am going to run an 8 second 1/4 mile in a full weight R33 GTR at the Jap Show so now everone can have a go at me.
Full weight and some
Old 14th May 2012, 12:01 PM   #191 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 800bhp View Post
Full weight and some
Cheeky!!

Old 14th May 2012, 12:14 PM   #192 (permalink)
800bhp is making plans

Cars owned: Current Fleet : Drag 200SX, Alfa Giulietta Cloverleaf, Alfasud, Alfa 33 Racecar, Renault Trafic
Quote:
Cheeky!!.
It's ok, I live in a Glass House

Oh, and .................................................. ............ CLUTCH
Old 14th May 2012, 02:11 PM   #193 (permalink)
Chubby is no longer content with 700bhp and is now going for 850 bhp... but now has 900bhp... Yipee

Cars owned: At present I have Evo X, Evo 9GT full race, Range Rover Sport, Mini Cooper S (turbo), Abarth 500, Boxster S & 911 GT3 gen 2.
Agree with the last few points but would ask the 'glass half empty' people - when you pass a garage and you see a car that you don't like, can't afford or just have no interest in... do you stop go back, find the owner and then tell him why you don't like it etc etc...?

I would guess the answer is 'no', and if it's not then I would recommend you seek medical advice..

i started a thread about my GTR build and what it was going to be used for and it ended up on a debate on an F1 clutch which was seen at Autosport... Go figure..!!

Some people, groups and companies have the desire to try things most people only dream and talk about doing... sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't - trouble is on this forum it seems that it doesn't matter if they succeed or fail, they still get ridiculed and then you wonder why people don't tell anyone about what there doing!!!...

There is success even in failure...

Rich.
Old 14th May 2012, 02:22 PM   #194 (permalink)
Mookistar is so happy to be out of Skyline ownership
Site Admin.

Cars owned: Mookiwagen Passat and a good nights sleep
I think perhaps this has run it's course.