The Hulk for sale! - Page 6 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11th May 2012, 02:02 PM   #101 (permalink)
mickv is now without GTR
GTROC Member

Cars owned: R35 DMG Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
if a bbc news presenter said pacific I would write in and complain. That's shocking.

It made me laugh when someone corrected me when I correctly used the term "you and me". It's another annoying one where people assume it should always be corrected to "you and I" regardless of the case.

There's quite a few of these, it's and its, and my other major gripe is "different to".

These really big me,but as I said, you just have to accept that it's the way the country has gone.

It pains me that you can go on Nagtroc and you get nothing like the low standard of grammar.
Hear, hear (here, here?).

Pacific/specific is a classic malapropism.

And "me" - don't get me started. Why do people seem to think you should never say "me" or "you" for that matter, as if its somehow discourteous. Shortly after I started my career, I had the misfortune to work with a colleague who caught a bad dose of this disease. He sat across the desk from me dictating a letter and (honestly!), he started one sentence with "It is the feeling of myself...."

Try "I feel" or "I think" you tit.
Old 11th May 2012, 02:10 PM   #102 (permalink)
Mookistar is so happy to be out of Skyline ownership
Site Admin.

Cars owned: Mookiwagen Passat and a good nights sleep
don't get me started on "aks"
Old 11th May 2012, 02:16 PM   #103 (permalink)
tonigmr2 is Happy to get my R34 back!
GT-RDC Founder Member

Cars owned: MR2 TC, 981 3.4S, Disco5, R34 & R35
Honestly listen to the news (and lots of other programmes for that matter!). The amount of times specific*ally is pacifically or pacific drives me mental. I am not usually that fussy, but for some reason that really grates!

Girls drive GTRs too

Next event is our GT-RDC Welsh weekend in November

Old 11th May 2012, 02:16 PM   #104 (permalink)
mickv is now without GTR
GTROC Member

Bring back capital punishment! Effing hate that shtweet accent crap.
Old 11th May 2012, 02:21 PM   #105 (permalink)
mickv is now without GTR
GTROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonigmr2 View Post
Honestly listen to the news (and lots of other programmes for that matter!). The amount of time specific*ally is pacifically or pacific is used drives me mental. I am not usually that fussy, but for some reason that really grates!
Exactly - it often comes from unlikely sources.
Old 11th May 2012, 02:39 PM   #106 (permalink)
LEO-RS is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Is this car £160k overpriced? 2009 GTR, worth what, £40k? So the buyer would be paying a premium of £220k for the modification work.

How much does the alpha 12 package cost? Well there doesn't appear to be any online prices for the Alpha 12 package but there is a price for the Alpha 10 package that promises 1200bhp and a 9.1sec 1/4m... Costs $64,000 (£49k)...- Alpha 10 Package- Alpha Series by AMSPerformance | Premium Nissan GT-R Performance Upgrade Packages -

That would be £40k for the car, £49k for the 1200bhp package and then say another £10k max in labour charges. That's £100k right there to get to probably very similar performance as the ''hulk''

As it is a 2nd hand conversion already done, even £100k is pushing it. More like £80-90k value in my opinion. £260k is hilarious and pie in the sky. I think someone has counted up how much it has cost them over the years and then priced it the same.

Car modding doesn't work like that guys ;-)

£100k you may have interest, £260k, well, Jesus Christ, you must be hoping for a thick as mince Manchester City football player to come along and write that cheque.
Old 11th May 2012, 02:54 PM   #107 (permalink)
ANDYR35 is unaware they can edit their status
GTROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEO-RS View Post
Is this car £160k overpriced? 2009 GTR, worth what, £40k? So the buyer would be paying a premium of £220k for the modification work.

How much does the alpha 12 package cost? Well there doesn't appear to be any online prices for the Alpha 12 package but there is a price for the Alpha 10 package that promises 1200bhp and a 9.1sec 1/4m... Costs $64,000 (£49k)...- Alpha 10 Package- Alpha Series by AMSPerformance | Premium Nissan GT-R Performance Upgrade Packages -

That would be £40k for the car, £49k for the 1200bhp package and then say another £10k max in labour charges. That's £100k right there to get to probably very similar performance as the ''hulk''

As it is a 2nd hand conversion already done, even £100k is pushing it. More like £80-90k value in my opinion. £260k is hilarious and pie in the sky. I think someone has counted up how much it has cost them over the years and then priced it the same.

Car modding doesn't work like that guys ;-)

£100k you may have interest, £260k, well, Jesus Christ, you must be hoping for a thick as mince Manchester City football player to come along and write that cheque.

+ 1

Think the Alpha 12 is in the region of around $90k (ish).
Old 11th May 2012, 02:59 PM   #108 (permalink)
MIKEGTR is rolling on double deuces
GTROC Member

Cars owned: Midnight Purple R33 GTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonigmr2 View Post
The amount of times !
Surely you mean 'the number of times'
Old 11th May 2012, 03:02 PM   #109 (permalink)
bladerider is naked and covered in peanut butter....maybe !!
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: Alas, some Germans at the moment !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeydinho View Post
Im going to slap you when I see you.

I just not a fan of all this "hey look at my impressive technology" Yes it is an impressive car but just not for me. I like it raw and old school. And to not sell my sole to buy a part, its bad enough already.

So they will build you a car for 200k oh well as ive said GLWTS
Mikey
"Raw and old school"

In what was probably in the top 5 most technically advanced cars of its time when new, that utilizes technology to drive the way it does and we all used to bemoan the huge tax imposed for any tuning parts. Comment made me chuckle mate !! lol

Im as big a hater on the recent influx of fad 35 owners as anyone - hence why I almost never post here anymore and realised my views were harming this forums popularity and new "customer base" that it was chasing heavily and as such I have always respected Cem and the Clubs wishes and bowed out so to speak.

For me the old vs new argument is simple - very few people had heard of the GTR until Gran Tourismo, so owners usually SOUGHT OUT the car and the forum. With the new GTR the car was so hyped by mags, tv and everything else and globally marketted it was effectively aimed at a different set of owners and wasnt something that required knowledge or anything other than a decent sized wallet in order to purchase (although to be fair the new car was significantly cheaper than the 33 or 34 was with inflation allowed for). So that lack of knowledge and respect coupled with all the newboys thinking they were the shit cos they have something worth more than say a 33 was in the current marketplace basically made myself and alot of old owners wash our hands of the new car and its ownerbase.

That being said I would have probably had one by now if my financial situation hadnt of changed purely because I love the car, not Nissan and certainly not the cityfags who have been buying them in droves to impress or "beat" their Ferrari owning chums.

As for "The Hulk" then I think its totally taking the piss price wize and looks pretty aweful to boot. Maybe worth 80-10k assuming SVM actually know what they are doing with regards to GTR's

J.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11th May 2012, 03:12 PM   #110 (permalink)
Adamantium is apparently poisonous to Wolverine - who knew?
Registered

Cars owned: Audi S5 3.0TFSi, Audi Q5 3.0TDi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookistar View Post
don't get me started on "aks"
aks is something of a shiboleth, it annoyed me but from what I can tell it is indicative of black culture and is nothing to do with nationality.

Mick,

Myself is the one I hate the most. Completely overused and hardly ever correct.

If we are getting on our high horses, I have a gripe with firstly, secondly etc. these are just Americanisms, resulting from the fact that they have to apply a general "add -ly to create an adverb" rule.
Old 11th May 2012, 03:14 PM   #111 (permalink)
Registered

Oh, then there's less and fewer.
Old 11th May 2012, 03:17 PM   #112 (permalink)
MIKEGTR is rolling on double deuces
GTROC Member

Cars owned: Midnight Purple R33 GTR
The one that gets me is when people say 'can I ask you a question?'.

Didn't give me much of a choice there lol
Old 11th May 2012, 03:22 PM   #113 (permalink)
Sidious is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: Toyota Soarer - JZZ30
In 3-4 years most of the R35 middle-class leafy suburb residing trolls here will be back to their latest BMW and Audi coupes and the forum will be at peace again.

The ridge ricer
Old 11th May 2012, 03:27 PM   #114 (permalink)
Registered

I do like the way that those above complaining about the new GTR owners not being true enthusiasts don't seem to be members of the gtroc.

Got to say I really don't appreciate the R34 anymore. I used to love it and hanker after one. I remember when Cem first laid eyes on one and then went with him a few weeks later to meet the selling owner of his first one in a petrol station somewhere in the middle of the night. This was before this website even existed!

The car was great - it was rare - it was capable, had awesome tuning potential and sounded glorious (unlike the R35) but to shun the new car because it doesn't say skyline smacks of stupidity to me. Don't dismiss a car because it's popular with a different type of owner. That's not the car's fault.

Judge it on what it can do - because as far as I can tell it can pretty much do everything it was designed to do better than anything else out there. Credit where it's due.

Last edited by Adamantium; 11th May 2012 at 03:39 PM..
Old 11th May 2012, 03:36 PM   #115 (permalink)
Site Admin.

I'm bored of the whole" R35 owners aren't enthusiasts" argument. It's so 2009.

Like The early Skyline owners didn't do Chequebook tuning at Abbey FFS

mook
Old 11th May 2012, 04:43 PM   #116 (permalink)
tonigmr2 is Happy to get my R34 back!
GT-RDC Founder Member

Cars owned: MR2 TC, 981 3.4S, Disco5, R34 & R35
LOL

And just to say, the AMS tuning package might sort out the engine. But there's more to a car than the power it puts out. I would expect the Hulk has undergone major chassis work too, it ain't cheap folks.

At the end of the day they can charge what the hell they want. It's nobodys business but their own. Like any car seller can. It's worth what anyone might be happy to pay. Maybe people want a physical car, maybe they want a famous one and ongoing tuning as a package. Either way good luck SVM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEGTR View Post
Surely you mean 'the number of times'
Bah!

Girls drive GTRs too

Next event is our GT-RDC Welsh weekend in November

Last edited by tonigmr2; 11th May 2012 at 04:46 PM..
Old 11th May 2012, 04:49 PM   #117 (permalink)
bladerider is naked and covered in peanut butter....maybe !!
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: Alas, some Germans at the moment !!
I dont currently own a GTR so I dont feel I should be in the owners club.

When I did I was.

LOL @ Mook, at some point we are ALL chequebook tuning

Loving the pedantism going on in this thread though, really warms my cockles !!

Old 11th May 2012, 06:44 PM   #118 (permalink)
Site Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladerider View Post
I dont currently own a GTR so I dont feel I should be in the owners club.

When I did I was.

LOL @ Mook, at some point we are ALL chequebook tuning

Loving the pedantism going on in this thread though, really warms my cockles !!

Shouldn't that be Cockles?
Old 11th May 2012, 06:46 PM   #119 (permalink)
Anders_R35 is Shells best customer
GTROC Member

Mods, please set up an English Grammar section before this gets out of control
MY11 Daytona Blue, Litchfield Manifold EFR 6758's, Whifbitz 102mm exhaust, AMS FMIC, ASNU 1100cc Injectors, V5 EcuTek - 852bhp / 654lbft, Alcon Superkit RS29 pads, Litchfield Suspension, Mines steering wheel, Sextons Audio
Old 11th May 2012, 06:49 PM   #120 (permalink)
Site Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders_R35 View Post
Mods, please set up an English Grammar section before this gets out of control.