Serious problem - help needed - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan GT-R > NHPC's
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th May 2012, 07:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
ozren is sad.. soon its winter hibernation time for the car :(
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Cars owned: R35 GT-R Black Edition in Yellow
Thumbs down Serious problem - help needed

Dear GTROC members,

I need your help to resolve a problem with Nissan. This is what happened:

I noticed that engine oil consumption in my MY10 GT-R started to increase and was already bit worried end of last year - but was told by HPC in Budapest (Nissan Gablini) that anything bellow 1l/1000km is OK for Nissan. This spring the oil consumption went above 1l/1000km and I drove the car to Hungary.

HPC told me that first step is to check the easily reached parts (turbos, etc) and if the problem is not found there they need to send black box data to Japan after which Nissan authorizes the official oil test. The HPC did the easy check, found no problem and sent the data to Japan. This was THREE WEEKS AGO and since then there has been absolutely no progress!!!!

I feel furious since my car is just sitting there with no progress, as they even havent gotten the permission to do the oil test (and that takes time as well, as they need to do 1000km), let alone take the engine out and search for the cause of the problem. If just black box data analysis lasts 3+ weeks, then what about the rest?! I have bought the GT-R to drive, not to sit and depreciate for no reason at some HPC parking lot...

To make things worse, in all this time I didn't get a replacement vehicle nor was I given any information... Only tid-bits was from HPC, but Nissan CEE has been completely useless. I have filed an official complaint in the meantime (last week), have been promised answers and nothing happened...

I AM FURIOUS!!!!

So please if you have contacts at someone in Nissan Europe or whatever part which can help, please assist. I want to have my car fixed, and I want to enjoy it (my car was in garage whole winter, and now is the time to drive it -- not when winter comes again!).
Old 15th May 2012, 02:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mookistar is so happy to be out of Skyline ownership
Site Admin.

Cars owned: Mookiwagen Passat and a good nights sleep
moved into the NHPC section so hopefully gets more attention
Old 15th May 2012, 05:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

This just in (Nissan mail and my reply). What do you guys think?

Dear Nissan,

Thank you for your reply.

I have refused to drive the vehicle for 1000km for the fear of damage to the car - to my knowledge, the engine oil consumption is such that I am afraid that the car would not survive 1000km without adding oil, which to my understanding must not be done in order to complete the engine oil test. Furthermore, I was told that normal procedure is that HPC drives the car, while the option for myself to do the test was offered in order to simplify the process, but was not fully in line with prescribed Nissan policy. Here I can only say that I was misled by information given and am very confused with such shift in official stand-point. Overall I find this quite unprofessional from Nissan.

In principle I am OK to bear the costs, if it is proven that the car is healthy and running within spec, however I demand that full costs are outlined before I give final consent. Therefore please send me costs for:

1. If the measured engine oil consumption values meet the Nissan technical requirements, then the costs should be paid by You, otherwise it is going to be paid by Nissan

2. If the flicker data set that Nissan sent out for investigation to Nissan Europe shows discrepancies with the Nissan warranty conditions, then You should pay the costs of inspection.

In regards to courtesy car, I am glad you have finally offered this as an option, and I will consider it. I am sure you are aware of the fact that I reside in Zagreb, Croatia, so picking up the courtesy car is not a simple matter for me.

Looking forward to your reply in regards to costs.

Best regards,
Ozren Zagmester

On 15-May-12 2:44 PM, [email protected] wrote:
>
> Subject: Nissan GT-R – VIN: JN1GANR35U0120173
>
> Reference Number: 1-182558574
>
>
>
>
>
> Dear Mr. Zagmester,
>
>
>
>
>
> First of all, let me express our gratitude for your decision to choose the NISSAN brand and purchasing Nissan GT-R vehicle.
>
>
>
> With regards to your complaint of 9 May 2012 please let me share with you the standpoint of the Nissan Sales CEE Kft.
>
> Please let us apologize on behalf of the Nissan organization for the inconveniences you experienced with your Nissan GT-R. The main reason of the repair delay is the fact that we have not yet faced such situation that the Customer refused to drive his vehicle for testing purposes. Please understand that the driving a Nissan GT-R for 1000 km –prescribed by the Nissan technical descriptions- means huge risks for the service staff, therefore the Nissan had to work out the conditions under that the required tests can be performed.
>
> We understand your demand of having the vehicle repaired as soon as possible therefore our proposal is the following.
>
>
>
> Nissan is ready to allow the engine oil consumption diagnosis with achieving the following conditions:
>
>
>
> - If the measured engine oil consumption values meet the Nissan technical requirements, then the costs should be paid by You, otherwise it is going to be paid by Nissan;
>
> - If the flicker data set that Nissan sent out for investigation to Nissan Europe shows discrepancies with the Nissan warranty conditions, then You should pay the costs of inspection (as well as the repair works if You would like to get the vehicle fixed by the repair shop of Nissan Gablini);
>
> - The engine oil consumption values to be measured by the Nissan Gablini repair shop will be accepted by You as official data of measurement.
>
>
>
> If you accept these conditions and give written consent to it, then the Nissan Gablini service will start the procedure without delay.
>
>
>
> Concerning your request for courtesy car during trouble shooting and repair the Nissan can help you with courtesy car with the following conditions. Although we still do not know the outcome of the technical investigation you may use a courtesy car offered by the Nissan Gablini dealership free of charge if the repair is warrantable, otherwise You should take the costs.
>
> Please consider the above proposals and send us your written consent to the Nissan Customer Service: [email protected]
>
> Should you have any further questions please contact either Nissan Gablini dealer or Nissan Call Center on the 80 333 888 phone number.
>
> Hope that the above proposals meet your requirements and You will continue to use our services in the future.
>
> Budapest, 15 May 2012

Old 15th May 2012, 08:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Aerodramatics is online, on his feet and enjoying motoring in his GT-R again. Yaay!
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: Azure GT
Ozram,

I agree.

1L over 1000km is not normal on an MY10 car. It's ridiculous! Unless you race it for 1000km?

If it's road use, without long autobahn trips at sustained high speed, I'd expect not to require any extra oil between 6 month service intervals and replacement.Service intervals are 10000km and my MY09 has done this happily without needing refilling. Engine oil capacity is 5L, so 20% consumption over 1000km is enormous.

A mechanical inspection to check everything is connected and plumbed in correctly would make sense before road testing.

I think you are tight to challenge their test procedure, if you are experiencing 1L oil consumption per 1000km. If you do decide to perform the monitoring, obviously you are going to need to keep oil in the prescribed range, i.e. zone 1 in the owners manual (see owners manual ch. 8 maintenance, pages 12-13). For me, that means frequent checks, i.e. every 100km or once a day.

Good luck.

Dom.

Last edited by Aerodramatics; 15th May 2012 at 09:18 PM.. Reason: typo
Aerodramatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2012, 10:02 AM   #5 (permalink)

I am not tracking the car all the time, nor am I running at 300kmh at all times... lets be realistic, even if I wanted to do that, I could not (and the car is yet to be tracked actually!)

What really pisses me off is that I have actually saved the car from serious damage by checking oil all the time and refilling it -- and now this kind of behavior from Nissan. Furthermore, they told me normal procedure is HPC is to check, while me monitoring oil is an option -- now they are telling me its reverse... Amazing!
Old 18th May 2012, 08:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Aerodramatics is online, on his feet and enjoying motoring in his GT-R again. Yaay!
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: Azure GT
Ozram,

saw this and thought of you:

How to Diagnose Excessive Oil Consumption | eHow.com

The comments on checking the oil drain plug and oil filter seem obvious for a HPC to look at immediately at no particular cost, i.e. five minutes on an inspection ramp.

Also, I assume you have not seen a leak beneath the car, as you would have proof of a fault!

If there are leaks from the head gasket or due to a worn engine, then surely this must be a manufacturing defect in a new low usage car.

I also read this:
A note on oil consumption from 1991! and noted dilution of the oil sometimes gives the false observation of little consumption, then long journeys remove the water content and sudden large consumption seems to have happened.

I presume modern engine and modern oil performance 21 years later would reduce consumption compared to these old data.

Here's wishing you the very best of luck in resolving this inconvenient and worrying problem as soon as possible!
Old 21st December 2012, 02:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
enshiu is busy working on R32 GTS4
Registered

Cars owned: 2008 R35 GT-R JDM Black Premium Edition, 1991 Nissan GTS4, JDM Toyota Camry,(winter use) Subaru Vivio
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozren View Post
I am not tracking the car all the time, nor am I running at 300kmh at all times... lets be realistic, even if I wanted to do that, I could not (and the car is yet to be tracked actually!)

What really pisses me off is that I have actually saved the car from serious damage by checking oil all the time and refilling it -- and now this kind of behavior from Nissan. Furthermore, they told me normal procedure is HPC is to check, while me monitoring oil is an option -- now they are telling me its reverse... Amazing!
Is this not a recall engine some of the 2009 and some 2010 had with the crank bearings on EDM LHD cars?

Is it overfilled?

Normal fill between L and H. Not on H.

Past: R33 GTR sgl turbo
enshiu is offline   Reply With Quote