R35 GTR Brake Upgrades - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > Vendors > Vendors Index > AC Speedtech
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15th June 2012, 07:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
ACspeedtech is getting bigger and faster!
GTR Register Trader

R35 GTR Brake Upgrades

ACspeedtech are proud to promote the AP Racing range of brake upgrades for the R35 GTR.

The original equipment discs can start to show weakness driven hard, with premature disc cracking becoming commonplace.

ACspeedtech can now offer AP Racing upgraded discs that mount straight onto the OE brake bells. These discs have been track proven (Nürburgring, Silverstone etc.) on GT-R’s in extreme conditions by professional drivers. Giving improved brake pedal feel and modulation, yet still costing less than standard factory replacements.

Specification:

- Top quality, proprietary iron alloy with multi-stage thermal processing.
- Curved-vane core (48 vanes) for better thermal management under extreme use. More expensive to make, but improved cooling over the OE pillar vane design.
- Available in both Slotted and J-Hook Patterns (please contact us for advice!) to improve pad bite and resist cracking under severe use.
- Precisely balanced at high RPM for smooth operation at any vehicle speed.
- Friction faces finished on the latest generation twin-turning equipment, better DTV (Disc Thickness Variation) and less runout than typical double-disc grinding machines.
- The kit INCLUDES new replacement bell bolts and sliders.

ACspeedtech recommend combining the AP Racing Brake Disc upgrade with Pagid or Carbotech pads, HEL brake lines and MOTUL RBF racing brake fluid for an all round package.

Please contact us for best pricing and GREAT package prices complete with installation!

ALSO AVAILABLE: 390mm replacement discs for late model GTRs and MODIFIED KIT for fitment to the EARLY cars!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0707small.jpg (58.3 KB, 516 views)

Email us at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visit us at: ACspeedtech, 3C Trident Ind.Park, Birchwood, WA3 6AX.

EcuTek MASTER Tuner - COBB PROtuner - 6T9 - KW suspension - SuperPro Bushes - OZ Racing - Millers Oils - AP Racing - Arai Helmets - Corbeau Seats - Luke Harnesses
ACspeedtech custom GR6 gearbox upgrades - GR6 transmission repairs and solutions
I am a sponsor of the GTR Register!

Last edited by ACspeedtech; 15th June 2012 at 07:43 PM..
ACspeedtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2012, 09:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
GTR Register Trader

For fitment of the larger AP Racing 390mm rotors to the early cars, a 6mm spacer is required. These are aluminium to keep the unsprung weight increase to a minimum, and HARD ANODISED for superior corrosion resistance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0811small.JPG (53.9 KB, 15 views)

Email us at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

EcuTek MASTER Tuner - COBB PROtuner - 6T9 - KW suspension - SuperPro Bushes - OZ Racing - Millers Oils - AP Racing - Arai Helmets - Corbeau Seats - Luke Harnesses
ACspeedtech custom GR6 gearbox upgrades - GR6 transmission repairs and solutions
Old 1st August 2012, 01:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Arcam is still into Track Days
Registered

Cars owned: Many & Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACspeedtech View Post
For fitment of the larger AP Racing 390mm rotors to the early cars, a 6mm spacer is required. These are aluminium to keep the unsprung weight increase to a minimum, and HARD ANODISED for superior corrosion resistance.
That looks like a quality product.

Old 12th August 2013, 04:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Garry68 is Taking it easy
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Hi Andy,

My pads are squealing pretty bad in between getting warmed up and getting hot enough to work well.

What would you recommend for good stopping power, not too aggressive on the discs and a bit quieter for daily drives?
Old 13th August 2013, 09:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
GTR Register Trader

Hi Garry,
What compound are you running at the moment? And what sort of roads are you driving mainly? Are you doing any track days?
Many different option are available that are all 'good', the hard bit is picking the right one for you!

Email us at:

Old 14th August 2013, 06:18 AM   #6 (permalink)

Hi Andy,

I cannot find the receipt from CPR at the moment but I'm sure it says on there. I think the pads are the "middle" option of the three pads CPR used to offer but I cannot remember the name of the pads. Can you remember what they were?

Thanks
Garry
Old 14th August 2013, 08:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
GTR Register Trader

I couldn't tell you really Garry, but if '3 options' I would guess they are the Carbotech ones.
Very good pads, very well priced, a little squeaky if you get the higher metallic compound variants (same as any manufacturer) so you should choose correctly. A lot of people over spec their pads thinking they're about to enter a 24hr endurance race to Tesco's and back. Key thing is to use the lowest you can get away with without fading them out, keep them in their operating temp for the most time you can.
Under operating temp and you'll get pad transfer to your disc, glaze them and low bite, over temp and they'll fade out and degrade the compound.
Fast road use with the heavy GTR would say the XP10, although you could easily use the XP8 and they would be quieter and better bite from cold but maybe wear a little faster.
There are many options for pads, all of which are 'very good' but the trick is to find the right one for 'you'.

Email us at:

Old 14th August 2013, 10:25 AM   #8 (permalink)

I'm using the XP8 as you pointed out and they are making a racket. Perhaps I should have the calipers off and check how they are wearing.

Cheers
Garry