Rb26dett push clutch problem HELP PLEASE URGENT!! - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan Skyline > Skyline and Stagea "How to" and DIY guides
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30th June 2012, 06:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jayman is Owner of R34 GTR 720 hp
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Rb26dett push clutch problem HELP PLEASE URGENT!!

Hi guys im fairly new here, i have a r33 gtr witch had a push type conversion before i bought the car. The clutch started slipping just after i had bought it. so replaced it with an ACT 6 paddle clutch that, after 1400 miles has started slipping, i gave it 500 miles bedding in as required. the cluch release bearing when i put the clutch in was very close to the clutch pressure plate, i mean very close, i thought there was meant to be about 1/4 of an inch between the bearing and the fingers but it wasnt possible it was as far returned as it could go. i did a little research and was told that i need to cut a sleeve down in the the box. i have taken the box off today and after looking at it, i really dont know which sleeve i need to cut down, as the bearing slider doesnt effect how close the bearing is to the pressure plate, all i can think of is, that the z32 back plate that sits in the gear box would have to be skimmed or, the collar that the fork mates up against (also on this back plate) needs to be cut down. can some one please advise me what to do as i dont want to wast my money doing the wring thing.. Cheers James
Old 2nd July 2012, 05:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jayman is Owner of R34 GTR 720 hp
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Sorted. Thanks anyway