attessa - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan Skyline > Skyline and Stagea "How to" and DIY guides
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29th July 2012, 06:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
eddie w is must drive the gtr more
GTROC Member

attessa

how do i know if the attessa is bugged on my 33
this what happens
when the car is started i put it into gear go to pull away the needle on the gauge goes to 50 and stays there for a 10 metres or so and the odd time ive pulled up at lights etc the same thing happens when it does this it feels like all the wheels are locked up any ideas or can some one tell me how to check the attessa system
Old 29th July 2012, 07:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
GTROC Member

bump
Old 29th July 2012, 08:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
GTROC Member

any ideas

Old 29th July 2012, 08:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
R32 Combat is in limbo
Skyline Section Manager

Cars owned: R33 GTR
It would be good if you posted up your findings as i know others have this problem.
Old 29th July 2012, 09:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
GTROC Member

will do pal
Old 30th July 2012, 05:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
GTROC Member

just down loaded the fault codes which one of the 2 is the attesa just got to find out how to get the codes up any help would be great
tried it today car was on a hill and when the gauge was at 50 the car would no roll like the brake where on
Old 30th July 2012, 07:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
R32 Combat is in limbo
Skyline Section Manager

There is an led in the attesa unit in the boot. It sits under the parcel shelf on te drivers side. I use the screen of my mobile phone as a mirrorr to get a better view.
It the lights are not on on the dash, i'm not sure the led will flash.
Old 30th July 2012, 07:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
GTROC Member

cheers pal having a good look at it tomorrow got attesa unit and a g sensor to try fingers crossed what cannot understand is why it will not roll on a hil its solid like ive got the brakes on?
Old 30th July 2012, 07:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
R32 Combat is in limbo
Skyline Section Manager

Will it roll in a straight line?
Old 30th July 2012, 07:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
GTROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32 Combat View Post
Will it roll in a straight line?
no it will no roll at all once ive driven it a few feet the torque gauge drops to 0 and its fine will roll etc
Old 31st July 2012, 05:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
GTROC Member

well changed the g sensor as it is red changed atessa ecu no different ive noticed that i counld not hear the pumps runnig so i opended the bleed nipple on the back of the box the oil that came out was thick yellow gue so ill change that what is the the recommended fluid now thinking is it the transver box???????
Old 1st November 2012, 04:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
robkellypga is unaware they can edit their status
GTROC Member

Cars owned: At the mo.. R33 GTR + R32 GTR..
Hope You got your Torque Split problem sorted, by now.????
Old 1st November 2012, 04:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
GTROC Member

yes all sorted cheers bad fluid
Old 3rd November 2012, 05:06 AM   #14 (permalink)
Guricha is Way to 600
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Hi there,
so what actually was exactly reason of the failure?
I mean i have almost same problem on R32,
the dash doesn't shows any 4wd or abs light, attessa ecu is not flashing either, fluid is in position above 1 cm on maximum level,
torque gauge is showing the load on road and attessa pump doesn't works when i try to start the car on cold , anyway car is all the time rear drive mode,
any idea?
Old 25th July 2013, 01:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
vito_lomazzo is Trying to go fast

my car has same issue cant figure it out
Old 25th July 2013, 01:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
R32 Combat is in limbo
Skyline Section Manager

Can you bleed the system? My angle is is there a blockage stopping pressure reaching the cylinder on the rear of the transfer box?

Remove the ATTESA bleed plug from under the dashboard, switch in ignition and loosen the nipple. Fluid should be able to flood out. If it does not, you could have a problem.
The other thing to do it fit an inline pressure gauge by the cylinder, start the engine and as you rev the engine, the pressure should rise and fall proportionally to the TPS voltage.
Old 6th August 2013, 09:33 PM   #17 (permalink)
jamind is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: 93, A31 Cefiro SE-4, RB25DET Neo, R33 GTR Gearbox, Full R32 GTR, Diff, Axles, Brakes, Suspension, Tein Super Street Damper C/Ov
Hi Guys, I have a A31 Cefiro SE4, Same Attessa system as your or a GTR, I run an R33 GTR Gearbox, when we fitted the gearbox , we had a job to bleed the system and it took a while, but picked and is working well, Now a Few things that will help ya"s, When i turn my ignition to the pre start position my attessa pump starts up, sounds like a fuel pump getting pressure, but its the attessa pump getting pressure & its noisy, If the does not start when you turn your key on you have a problem with your pump, now if you have done an oil change you must use the correct grade oil that Nissan says, I have it in one of my manuals if ya need it. Now if your pump is not getting pressure you cant bleed your system or even use the 4wd, I got myself a spare pump out of a R32 Skyline GT-4, Same as all, so i recondition that pump iF mine eva f***s out, So sort ya pumps guys, They have stuffed out because the oil has nt been changed as it should just like the engine but timing of that is in the manual every 30,000 i think, The other reason is the oil has been changed but with the wrong grade and it has ****ed the pump, Ok hope this helps, if you understaned anything pm me, but it straight forward, easy as to replace it all just follow manual , Once your pump is pumping with key on , dont start it till all the aair is out, again read the manual on how to do that ok cooll, Thanks Jamind Cefiro SE4, Neo
Old 6th August 2013, 09:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
jamind is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: 93, A31 Cefiro SE-4, RB25DET Neo, R33 GTR Gearbox, Full R32 GTR, Diff, Axles, Brakes, Suspension, Tein Super Street Damper C/Ov
Attesa Repairs n checks n need to do . . .

[QUOTE=jamind;1875449]Hi Guys, I have a A31 Cefiro SE4, Same Attesa system as your or a GTR, I run an R33 GTR Gearbox, when we fitted the gearbox , we had a job to bleed the system and it took a while, but picked and is working well, Now a Few things that will help ya"s, When i turn my ignition to the pre start position my attessa pump starts up, sounds like a fuel pump getting pressure, but its the attessa pump getting pressure & its noisy, If the does not start when you turn your key on you have a problem with your pump, now if you have done an oil change you must use the correct grade oil that Nissan says, I have it in one of my manuals if ya need it. Now if your pump is not getting pressure you cant bleed your system or even use the 4wd, I got myself a spare pump out of a R32 Skyline GT-4, Same as all, so i recondition that pump iF mine eva f***s out, So sort ya pumps guys, They have stuffed out because the oil has nt been changed as it should just like the engine but timing of that is in the manual every 30,000 i think, The other reason is the oil has been changed but with the wrong grade and it has ****ed the pump, Ok hope this helps, if you understand anything pm me, but it straight forward, easy as to replace it all just follow manual , Once your pump is pumping with key on , don't start it till all the air is out, again read the manual on how to do that ok cool, Thanks Jamind Cefiro SE4, Neo
Old 7th August 2013, 07:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
vito_lomazzo is Trying to go fast

[QUOTE=jamind;1875465]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamind View Post
Hi Guys, I have a A31 Cefiro SE4, Same Attesa system as your or a GTR, I run an R33 GTR Gearbox, when we fitted the gearbox , we had a job to bleed the system and it took a while, but picked and is working well, Now a Few things that will help ya"s, When i turn my ignition to the pre start position my attessa pump starts up, sounds like a fuel pump getting pressure, but its the attessa pump getting pressure & its noisy, If the does not start when you turn your key on you have a problem with your pump, now if you have done an oil change you must use the correct grade oil that Nissan says, I have it in one of my manuals if ya need it. Now if your pump is not getting pressure you cant bleed your system or even use the 4wd, I got myself a spare pump out of a R32 Skyline GT-4, Same as all, so i recondition that pump iF mine eva f***s out, So sort ya pumps guys, They have stuffed out because the oil has nt been changed as it should just like the engine but timing of that is in the manual every 30,000 i think, The other reason is the oil has been changed but with the wrong grade and it has ****ed the pump, Ok hope this helps, if you understand anything pm me, but it straight forward, easy as to replace it all just follow manual , Once your pump is pumping with key on , don't start it till all the air is out, again read the manual on how to do that ok cool, Thanks Jamind Cefiro SE4, Neo
its not a bleeding issues... its a no power issue to the ecu to tell the pump to turn on.

So after a long night of testing, i found that i have no ground to the abs and Awd System....

I took apart the fuse box under the hood and found a nice large yellow wire that seems to be the ground... it needs to be grounded.... so i figure either its in the front quarter panel or under the dash... this is why i am not getting power to the ecu. I tested both prongs for the awd fuse and abs... there is power of 12.8V+/- but no ground...

Does anyone know where the grounds ( all of them ) for the awd and abs is.... ?

there is a ground that the battery and the harness connect to that are under the hood ( it runs to battery ) that is good, but is there anywhere else ?
Old 7th August 2013, 08:10 PM   #20 (permalink)
R32 Combat is in limbo
Skyline Section Manager

R32 or R33?