GTR 34 with Interesting history - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Pictures and Video gallery
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30th September 2012, 08:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
DNCracing is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

GTR 34 with Interesting history

Hey all,

I live in Berlin and I am entered in a contest at the toyota motor company.A short video of the entrees car was taken and posted on youtube. The person with the most video views on youtube wins 1000 euros. Obviously someone came in with a Supra and I need some support from the Nissan Community to show them whos king.

Now for a little about the car, it was imported to the US originally by the same importer who brought cars for one of the Fast and Furious movies. The car was the Porter and Chester institute mascot. Later on it was seized by the US marshals and was sold in a police auction. The winner sold it to me because it had to be either exported or crushed into scrap metal (so I purchased it and imported it here to Germany where i keep it in my garage for racing and showing off. The contest video of the ins and outs of the car is below(in german but car speaks for itself) as well as the seizure letter template sent to all GTR owners.
Seizure letter link Nissan Skyline GT-R s in the USA Blog: US Department of Justice Letter : 60 Days to Export or Surrender.

Video link

Also I recently I posted some QR code stickers on it for those who want to support me.

Short gallery here

Last edited by DNCracing; 1st October 2012 at 11:54 AM..
DNCracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2012, 09:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
matty32 is In tokyo

we supplied the cars for the F&F3 Tokyo Drift, (including the Veilside RX-7s) then re-exported them to Tokyo.

do not remember this being on the list
Old 30th September 2012, 11:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
DNCracing is unaware they can edit their status

Apologies, that part of the story was miscommunicated to me. The importer who brought cars for 2fast2furious was the one who imported the car. Post has been edited.