GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum - View Single Post - My R32 GTR pics
Thread: My R32 GTR pics
View Single Post
Old 2nd December 2012, 05:33 PM   #330 (permalink)
tarmac terror
tarmac terror is Wondering why it says 'New User' below.....*confused*
New Users

Cars owned: Genuine R32 GTR; Genuine-ish X5 4.8iS; Completely fake BMW M6; Reasonably Genuine Peugeot 306 Rallye
More cracking on....

Thought I would get on with finishing the rear ARB droplinks. Thought it would be a dead-easy, straight-forward job.....LOL, NO!!

Thing is, I bought M6 rod ends as I reckoned that would be the MINIMUM I would want in terms of strength in the interconnecting threaded rod. Now, as you can see from the pics, the assemblies are as short as I could practically get them...about 68mm between centres. Thing is, I couldn't get the ARB to swing low enough to get anywhere near that.
Now, I couldnt shorten the drop links any further so I decided on a 2 step approach...
Firstly, I dropped the ARB mounts by 20mm (2x10mm plates)...

That helped loads but wasn't enough. I noticed that the ARB hits the diff mount so I removed the small crossmember and 'processed' it ...

This then gave enough gap to get the links in.....

Very happy with results but surprised at the lengths I had to go to fit them . There's more than enough swing in the links to cater for any movement so its all good. Glad its done and dusted......

Had hoped to get on with laminating my fuel cooler duct mould...

but, TBH, the time it took me to finish the droplinks left me a bit weary. I prefer to do any composite stuff in one go and there was never going to be enough time left to prep, gelcoat and lay-up the glassfibre so I'll do that another day.

TT
R32GTR- Stage 6; Frank Baxter exhaust with K-pipe; Rick Astley cams; Dave Gahan electrics; Bjorn Ulvaeus race prep; Howard Jones gearbox upgrade; Ray Charles body mods and styling. Mapped by Glenn Medeiros.------> Beat that R35 owners with dodgy parts list sigs :)
tarmac terror is offline   Reply With Quote