GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum - View Single Post - My R32 GTR pics
Thread: My R32 GTR pics
View Single Post
Old 11th December 2012, 08:29 PM   #331 (permalink)
tarmac terror
tarmac terror is Wondering why it says 'New User' below.....*confused*
New Users

Cars owned: Genuine R32 GTR; Genuine-ish X5 4.8iS; Completely fake BMW M6; Reasonably Genuine Peugeot 306 Rallye
Been busy getting on with the laminating of the mould this week and finally released it this evening...

Turned out exceptionally well IMHO...just needs to be tidied, sanded down and painted. I briefly offered it up to the cooler and it fits like a glove...just a little modification to allow it to bolt to the cooler frame and it'll be ready to go. WELL pleased...Just a shame I had to destroy the mould during the extraction though...
Used 3 plies of tissue CSM initially to get the contours right then added a layer of 3mm Coremat followed by another 3 layers of CSM (in different sessions!). Also used a bit of aluminium pipe as a former for the inlet. I MAY keep it in to add a bit of strength but TBH, its a pretty robust moulding and I reckon I can get away without it. I will be using some adhesive lined heat shrink to join duct and hose together so dont need massive strength in the inlet.

TT
R32GTR- Stage 6; Frank Baxter exhaust with K-pipe; Rick Astley cams; Dave Gahan electrics; Bjorn Ulvaeus race prep; Howard Jones gearbox upgrade; Ray Charles body mods and styling. Mapped by Glenn Medeiros.------> Beat that R35 owners with dodgy parts list sigs :)

Last edited by tarmac terror; 11th December 2012 at 08:36 PM..
tarmac terror is offline   Reply With Quote