r32 gtst turbo upgrade?? - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan Skyline > Skyline and Stagea "How to" and DIY guides
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 1st February 2013, 02:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
1991gogo is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Question r32 gtst turbo upgrade??

hi ive done a little bit of research due to i work over 13 hours a day so i really dont have the time atm to do to mch research ... anyway i just have bought a 1992 gtst has hks exhaust,blits boost controller, blits turbo timer, hks ssqv bov, huge front mount intercooler, anyway i wanna get a littlemore power out of the rb20 untill i swap a rb26 into it i wanna upgrade the turbo iv seen ppl say to get a turb off a r33 or a gt30 to gt35 i wanna get around 300hp+ what do u guys think??

thanks...
Old 1st February 2013, 02:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
AlexJ is as AlexJ does

Cars owned: BNR32 HCR32
Assuming what you have is healthy, you will be limited by fueling, you will be running rich if you turn up the boost, but with a well setup Apexi S-AFC or similar, you should then see around 275fwhp at 0.9bar.

At 1bar you may even see 300 on a generous dyno. But the ceramic turbo won't last long.

You will get a little more from the RB25 turbo but it is a little more laggy.

For more than 300fwhp (geniune) you really need your turbo rebuilt in steel, a tunable ecu (something like Nistune would be fine), some bigger injectors and a fuel pump.

there's a great thread on skylinesaustralia.com with dyno plots for all sorts of level of tune for the RB20.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AlexJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2013, 08:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
1991gogo is unaware they can edit their status

yea i know ill be gettin new fuel pump lines intake and injectors also i just wanna know what turbo i should run