GTR Forum banner

CONNECT PREMIUM (X9) - EUROPE 2012 update

95K views 712 replies 137 participants last post by  mzeperx 
#1 ·
I see Navteq have this update for the GTR Sat Nav, has anyone tried it out yet ?

Talking to Nissan customer support, they say the update doesn't have to be done by the dealer, but can be done by the owner.

Interested to see what people think, I know the previous update had issues, so I assuming this one fixes them, and provides a reliable update, but I could be wrong !

#2 ·
If you get it and it works I think many people, including me, will be keen to assist you with the purchase:chuckle:

Any idea of cost?

Does this remove the speed camera warnings in France by the way? Step backwards if so I think.

Keep us posted.:thumbsup:

#4 · (Edited)
Any idea of cost?
A snip at £339.00 inc. VAT + £9.00 shipping.
Interesting that our Infinity cousins only have to pay $249.00 for the same content:
Nissan Connect premium (Infiniti X9.0) DVD pack EUROPE 2012
Navteq packnr: T1000-19883

The above is a Nissan price, but it's supplied by NAVTEQ ... so Nissan will no doubt claim price fixing is not their responsibility.

Does this remove the speed camera warnings in France by the way? Step backwards if so I think.

Keep us posted.:thumbsup:
Speed Camera Alerts covering 19 countries in Europe: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Netherlands and United Kingdom

No French speed cameras is due to statute.

I am waiting on Navteq to confirm how the update is installed, will let you know how things go, still deciding on what to do.

The price I have seen is ***8364;399, a bit high, especially if it doesn't work !
The first DVD contains the updater software. Once installed the the system reboots and you feed it the four map DVD's in sequence.

Protegimus

#6 ·
Hopefully this weekend depending on time, will let you know how it goes.

Protegimus

#8 ·
Any ideas how we can get notifications for France........iPhone maybe?

#9 ·
Amazing that the French pass a law against knowing where speed cameras are located given that they are simply POIs on a sat nav system.

Do they really expect to pull every driver over with a sat nav system and expect them to show them that the speed camera POIs are removed for France ?

I used to work for a French company, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised ***128516;

#10 ·
Update completed no issues.
Software is Nissan, but compatible with a number of models and Infiniti.
I followed the instructions to the letter, including leaving the engine running during the complete update process (more of which below). I expect that is to stop the battery going flat, but didn't want to tempt fate by just hooking it up to the CTEK.

The update is in two separate parts - first the system software upgrade, prior to which you have to disable Bluetooth.
This results in software version: X1E82001 (I have a '59 plate 2010 model GT-R)
It takes about 8 minutes to complete and in itself has three phases:
Rewriting boot data.
Rewriting program data.
Rewriting language data.
of which the program data update takes the longest; completion bar passes 75%, drops back a bit then appears to take an age to reach 100% ...
Once completed it prompts you to eject the DVD then does a reboot.
The system is fully functional again at this point using the old map data. At this stage you re-enable Bluetooth and can check the system out.

The second part of the update is the map data itself. Four DVD's fed in sequence:
Map update DVD 1 load time: 111 minutes
Map update DVD 2 - load time: 85 minutes
Map update DVD 3 - load time: 38 minutes
Map Update DVD 4 - load time: 3 minutes
load times read from my screen are time remaining and are accurate, so it's quite time consuming and due to the engine running you need to consider where you're going to do it and petrol if you are running a beast!

I haven't yet checked everything, but useful stuff like Shell garages are now correct (locally) and a number of roads that didn't exist are now correctly portrayed.
I'll update if there are any snags.

For France, iPhone or similar has got to be the best bet.

Hope that's useful for others considering the update,

Protegimus

#15 ·
To clarify, the loading time is overall time remaining not cumulative; so about 2 hours total.

Also, none of the previous destinations are deleted which is useful when you travel to the same destination infrequently.

Protegimus

#13 ·
I wonder if you can do it without the engine running....

Does anyone know if the ignition, set to ACC, stays in that mode with power to the sat nav/radio etc, without timing out or switching off ?

If so, it would be posible to work out how much current is drawn from the battery in that mode, and make sure with a parallel battery, if needed, it keeps things powered for the duration.

#17 ·
It's on fleabay for 50 quid:- Item 300872041316

#30 ·
Cough cough................... may have :)

Back in a couple of weeks to update, will let u know what happens. Nod nod wink wink.

#25 ·
I have a set of disks, may not be the exact same, are fully printed with Nissan logos etc, first software update disk worked no problem, checked the other disk checksums and they match those published on a GPS forum for map discs 1-4.

When I get the time I will update the maps, and any one who wants them may borrow them.

They came from another Nissan owner (non GTR), who had sold his car before applying the update.

#27 ·
The system software update adds a HDD navigation splash screen at Nav system start (can't say I've noticed it before anyway).

I tested the audible speed camera alerts today and they work fine - this was apparently one of the major issues with the 2011 update.
As noted previously in the thread, speed camera alerts for France and Germany are removed.

No need to take risks with potentially dodgy fleabay versions chaps :thumbsup:

Regards,
Protegimus

#29 ·
2 hours, that's bad enough but less than time it takes to wash car. Would be nice to have up to date shell garages, bloody annoying to arrive at BP garage.

#32 ·
Guys, as a legal professional in the field of intellectual property I cannot condone your flagrant incitement of theft of copyright. It is unjust and immoral.

With that out of the way, I say we form an orderly queue via email and leave it to the last person in the chain to send them back to the owner.

Where do I sign? Can I be next?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.