GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum - View Single Post - My R32 GTR pics
Thread: My R32 GTR pics
View Single Post
Old 15th July 2013, 04:45 PM   #399 (permalink)
tarmac terror
tarmac terror is Wondering why it says 'New User' below.....*confused*
New Users

Cars owned: Genuine R32 GTR; Genuine-ish X5 4.8iS; Completely fake BMW M6; Reasonably Genuine Peugeot 306 Rallye
Having some bother with the dash and logger....both worked fine out of the box but after reflash and sending them some custom screen configurations they have decided to play silly buggers. I suspect that there may be issues with the USB-Serial adapter im using (common with these items as they are sensitive to adapters using non-Prolific chipset) so in the process of sorting that out by adding a serial port to my PC.

Also got stuck into wiring some off-engine sensors such as fuel press/temp; oil press/temp; pre-intercooler temp; MAP sensor; ambient press sensor. Have bought some Deutsch DT connectors in 2-way and 8-way flavour which will allow me to wire the MAC boost solenoid and make custom coil wiring.
Also had some probs with the fuel pumps in that the LP pumps would work fine but the HP pumps wouldn't. I suspected that it was something to do with the relays...both were 70A Durite relays but 1 had a diode (the one feeding HP pumps). I have now swapped this out so both relays are the same and guess what.....both sets of pumps work fine now!!! I suspect I blew the diode or that it was faulty from new. Anyway...they work!

So, next on the list is to get the coil and injector wiring done and that will, essentially, be that. If everything goes to plan money-wise this month then I'll be in the position to order some new ID1000 injectors, Lab grade lambda sensor and my AMT crank trigger kit.

Then......ALL spare money can go into the kitty for Syvecs S8 purchase, install and mapping!!

TT
R32GTR- Stage 6; Frank Baxter exhaust with K-pipe; Rick Astley cams; Dave Gahan electrics; Bjorn Ulvaeus race prep; Howard Jones gearbox upgrade; Ray Charles body mods and styling. Mapped by Glenn Medeiros.------> Beat that R35 owners with dodgy parts list sigs :)
tarmac terror is offline   Reply With Quote