GTR Forum banner

Need advice

2K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  wmd_gtr 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just recently it has been brought to my attention that there are several chips and scratches on my rims. The chips and scratches are all in a position that I personally believe could only be caused by removing the rims.

I bought my car brand new in March and the damage is in a place I never expected to see any damage so only just last week realised they were there. :chairshot

I have never had the rear wheels off so it clearly hasn't been done since I have owned the car. I attach some pictures I have taken and would really appreciate any advice you guys can offer. I personally am not happy and don't want them refurbished, I want new wheels, like I paid for.

Thanks,

William

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Think you'd be lucky mate. I'm sure garage would agrue that there's no proof you haven't had the wheels off etc.

I did notice a lot of chips and scratches on my wheels which I put down to wear and tear. But they were not on the lugs holes like urs are

#10 ·
Completely feel your pain mate but imho you've got no chance of them fixing that. They'll just deny it as you've got no proof.

The only solution would be to replace all 4 wheels with some nice Volk Racing G25s :cool:

#11 ·
Could have been caused when the car was PDI'd and they checked the wheel bolts when adjusting the pressures. This has happened to my car in exactly the same places and always caused by the wheel gun being used in a clumsy way. Having gone through many sets of tyres, I just accept the damage now and will get it sorted if and when I sell it.

#12 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I have already spoke to the service manager where I bought the car and she said, "if this was done by us it would have been picked up on" to which I said "well it clearly hasn't been picked up on by you and I haven't had the wheels off, so it must have been done when I bought the car in March" and she said "It wasn't done in March because it would have started rusting by now"... blah blah blah... I love buying a new car with problems... of which there has been more than this :mad:

#13 ·
Almost certainly caused by an over eager grease monkey with an air gun who thinks hes doing a formula 1 pitstop.
Some people just dont seem to realise you are parting with £70+k of your hard earned cash and this kind of thing is just unacceptable.

Take it back and complain like f##k,although i have to agree it might be a bit late now.

#16 ·
Yeah I have a feeling they will say that, but to be honest I checked the car when I got it and I did not expect the rims to be damaged in any way (I think the fact that another couple of parts were damaged took my attention away from the wheels), I've never had a car damaged in this way so I didn't even think to look out for it. Its a mistake I won't be making again.

#23 ·
just read this............have you got steel wheels lol, what a joke pity you never recorded that statement.

as for the wheels, tbh I think you have no chance as too much time has lapsed so you cant really blame them for that.
if you had spotted it earlier within a day of collection or service then they would have had no choice other than to rectify the problem for you

#30 ·
I'm new to the GTR forum and Im trying to find out how my alloys on my new 2013 GTR could have been damaged. I cant seem attach any photos but similar to your pictures.

Hey Amir,

Welcome to the forum :) I believe you need to have 10-15 posts in order to upload pics..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.