GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/)
-   General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/general-nissan-r35-gt-r-chat.html)
-   -   I need to hire a Nissan GTR and driver for a wedding??? (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/183057-i-need-hire-nissan-gtr-driver-wedding.html)

JasonCann 26th July 2013 03:13 PM

I need to hire a Nissan GTR and driver for a wedding???

Hello all GTR owners!

To try and keep this short, I would like to know if anyone is interested in earning a few quid by driving my brother to the church for his wedding day???

A GTR is his dream car and im sure if he could afford one, he'd have one but has he can't, and the fact he's had a bad year with his fiance fighting breast cancer (slight guilt trip) i thought id try and hire one!!!

Not really to my suprise, a hire company wanted 895 for the weekend, I only want him to be driven to the church about 10miles tops from his house and thought of this place and to see if anyone is interested?????

The wedding is on bank holiday sunday 25th August @ 2pm (ish) at Rufford Hotel west of mansfield, Notts and the pickup will be from Shirebrook, north Mansfield. Depending on where you are diving from, it could only take an hour to drive to Shirebrook, have a cuppa while I dress him and take a steady drive to the church, on time of course.

If anyone is interested, please reply and I can give out some more details and talk cash. Obviously the further someone has to travel, the more i will pay to cover petrol and time etc. Excludes RoI, NI and Scotland :)

Jason. (best man)

EAndy 26th July 2013 03:34 PM

Maybe PW Pro can lend you a customers :D

On serious note I can't help as funnily enough I'm at a Wedding that day, if it was your brothers that would of been really convenient :chuckle:

scotty gtr 26th July 2013 04:11 PM

Av sent u a msg jason

Neanderthal 26th July 2013 04:23 PM

I'm sure one of us could sort you out. 25th Aug is my wedding anniversary weekend so I'm liable to be spending a wedge being 'romantic' :( :(

Mookistar 26th July 2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neanderthal (Post 1841721)
I'm sure one of us could sort you out. 25th Aug is my wedding anniversary weekend so I'm liable to be spending a wedge being 'romantic' :( :(

what could be more romantic than driving another couple to thier wedding ;)

klidder 26th July 2013 10:20 PM

How much you willing to pay?

dunc1n 26th July 2013 10:46 PM

Dude, if it was closer to home, I would have loved to help you out. Im in Aberdeen though, so its a bit far.

Can I suggest something to whoever is taking up this offer.
How about giving the payment for this service to a Breast Cancer charity?
Im sure that anyone that can afford to buy and run a GT-R doesnt really desperately need that extra 100 quid or so. Making someone's big day even better AND putting the payment to a good cause like that will give you a bigger buzz than an extra 100 quid or so in your wallet.
Just a suggestion....

In saying that.... its easy for me to make that suggestion when I am not carrying out the service! haha!

Cheers

Dunc1n

car killer 26th July 2013 10:50 PM

Sent you a pm.
my friend actually does this for a living so I am sure I could loan him my gtr to get your friend to his wedding on time. Ribbon and bows with a chauffeur no champagne though as I don't like people eating and drinking in my car lol

FRRACER 27th July 2013 12:13 AM

I think someone should do it as a good deed, I would happily do it if I had a R35 and was closer to you

LiamGTR 27th July 2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klidder (Post 1842737)

Lol what

Mookistar 27th July 2013 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRRACER (Post 1843009)
I think someone should do it as a good deed, I would happily do it if I had a R35 and was closer to you

Exactly.

Plumber dave 27th July 2013 08:59 AM

Hi. I'm based in Worksop I will do it for you, no charge cos the wife says so lol
Pm me your number and I will give you a call

Dave

EAndy 27th July 2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plumber dave (Post 1843305)
Hi. I'm based in Worksop I will do it for you, no charge cos the wife says so lol
Pm me your number and I will give you a call

Dave

:bowdown1::bowdown1::bowdown1:

Very nice gesture!

What do you get in return from the wife :chuckle:

Neanderthal 27th July 2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mookistar (Post 1841785)
what could be more romantic than driving another couple to thier wedding ;)

She wants to have a weekend away. Not sure why, I'd rather spend the money on the car lol

Plumber dave 27th July 2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EAndy (Post 1843353)
:bowdown1::bowdown1::bowdown1:

Very nice gesture!

What do you get in return from the wife :chuckle:

That's currently under negotiation lol.

JasonCann 27th July 2013 04:51 PM

Cheers Guys !!!

To all,

Guys many thanks for all your top offers, you really are top blokes.

I have had 6 free/minimal offers (fuel) from some of you and ive messaged all to thank them. I am trying to sort something out with guys that are local to make it easier etc and dispite some of the kind suggestions, a few large beers will be goin their way!

Thanks again guys,

Jason.

FLYNN 27th July 2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonCann (Post 1844169)
To all,

Guys many thanks for all your top offers, you really are top blokes.

I have had 6 free/minimal offers (fuel) from some of you and ive messaged all to thank them. I am trying to sort something out with guys that are local to make it easier etc and dispite some of the kind suggestions, a few large beers will be goin their way!

Thanks again guys,

Jason.

Glad you got sorted

Quote:

Originally Posted by klidder (Post 1842737)

Kindness costs nothing, but for some people, its too expensive.

You can be that hard up surely?