GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/)
-   General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/general-nissan-r35-gt-r-chat.html)
-   -   Insurance renewal with CCI (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/183897-insurance-renewal-cci.html)

David.Yu 29th July 2013 11:08 AM

Insurance renewal with CCI

Was slightly disappointed with my renewal quote from CCI after they made some changes to their policy (they now basically exclude any commuting) as it was 801, apparently 60 down on last year, but still a hefty chunk of change.

I called them up and they said the only way to bring it down further was to reduce the mileage allowance to 6000 miles from the 8000 they had quoted at.
To be honest, 6k is plenty for my use and I was delighted when the premium was further dropped to 647! :clap:

So as long as you do not need to commute in your GT-R and do restricted mileage, CCI are the best by a mile. Don't forget that includes 5 track days a year (by prior arrangement, and excluding the Nordschleife).

Adamantium 29th July 2013 11:57 AM

David,

CCI can be competitive but more so if you were with them prior to the policy change. If so, you have to elect to remain on the old cover type.

They did also inform me that the rates were heavily affected by commuting. I elected to include commuting in mine and it was worth while for the slight increase.

Main thing for me is that they have no interest in power once you are over 750bhp. They quite sensibly know that 2000 bhp or 750bhp, it's not really going to change your risk factor to them as the car is already in the ridiculous performance league.

David.Yu 29th July 2013 12:10 PM

Forgot to say, that the main reason I chose CCI initially was that they cover any level of power.

Admiral don't cover any car above 25% more power AFAIK.

R35Audio 29th July 2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamantium (Post 1848929)
They did also inform me that the rates were heavily affected by commuting. I elected to include commuting in mine and it was worth while for the slight increase.

Are you saying that they will allow commuting if you pay for it. I though they had a blanket ban

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamantium (Post 1848929)
Main thing for me is that they have no interest in power once you are over 750bhp. They quite sensibly know that 2000 bhp or 750bhp, it's not really going to change your risk factor to them as the car is already in the ridiculous performance league.

They don't have any interest in power no matter what you do, after 750bhp or before. I was with them last year and then had a 650R conversion and they were only interested in taking details of the conversion but didn't charge a thing....not even an admin charge as most do.

Saying that, admiral were cheapest for me with their multi car this time around. 481 and when I had my Stage 4 + DP's installed, it was an extra 80. Of course, I have no trackdays covered but I don't track it so no worries there.

Adamantium 29th July 2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by as5606 (Post 1849161)
Are you saying that they will allow commuting if you pay for it. I though they had a blanket ban

yes, I'm saying that.

David.Yu 29th July 2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by as5606 (Post 1849161)

Saying that, admiral were cheapest for me with their multi car this time around. 481 and when I had my Stage 4 + DP's installed, it was an extra 80. Of course, I have no trackdays covered but I don't track it so no worries there.

Doesn't Stage 4 take the car a bit beyond 25% power increase? 620hp vs 485hp = 28% power increase if you have a 2009-2010 car.

481 is a bargain!