GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum - View Single Post - Active Wing
Thread: Active Wing
View Single Post
Old 29th July 2013, 12:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
splking
splking is still enjoying his 09 GTR
GTROC Member

Hey Adam,

This is from the documentation. The wing has a maximum angle of 14.2 degrees, but the aero analysis mentions that the air flow off the back of the rear windscreen means the air has a downward angle of attack onto the rear wing thereby increasing the wing angle in effect. At 7.2 degrees (the suggested cornering angle), the wing produces the downforce shown in the graph. During braking the wing moves to maximum angle, and on the straights you can set the wing to go 'flat' or low drag (an angle of your choice) at speeds above a set level.

I chose not to go with the S2 wing because... 1) It's expensive, and the dynamic R was pricey enough with shipping and customs/duty/VAT. Also I got the impression that the split wing was almost over complicated, and the change in balance might almost be difficult to anticipate when driving... not sure if that makes sense. Quite pleased with the wing though, will post thoughts after the ring trip this weekend.

H
Attached Images
File Type: jpg downforce.JPG (31.9 KB, 2 views)
SRD 1000R | Jun 4.0L EX engine | Litchfield EFR kit | Alcon CCX | Rays G25's | Litchfield suspension | PW Pro wrap | Sextons full audio upgrade inc. legertas 2015 nav system | HKS transmission & diff cooler | Recaro Sporster CS seats w/Takata seat harness | Aeromotions aerodynamic upgrades | KR carbon accessories | PPG gears 1-6 | XM 18 plate billet clutch | Syvecs S8 Ecu | Whiteline sway bars & bushes | Clearcorners & MY14 lights
splking is offline   Reply With Quote