Fastest GTR at Santa Pod - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 5th August 2013, 01:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
car killer is fueling up
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: R35 my12 DMG.R35 GTR ums(sold).focus RS mk2. gtr v-spec2. 205gti turbo technics
Fastest GTR at Santa Pod

In the F class lol
Sitting browsing the Santa Pod website late Saturday night I noticed that there was a Female class at run what you brung during USC.
My brothers missis was coming to Santa Pod with us. So me and bro decided we was going to get her to run our GTR down the strip. Bearing in mind we have only owned the car 2mth and she has only driven it once for about 3 mile lol. She normally drives a 1.2 corsa and has never been to any car show so Santa pod was her 1st lol.
We arrived and went to sign on. The fastest for a female in F class was 12.8. I said thats it it is in the bag lol.
I had my 4 runs as we didn't even know what the car would run. I ran it once in full auto mode with all R's selected as a trial. It ran a 11.6 so she is probs half my weight so should pi$$ it we thought. If she doesn't bottle it or anything go wrong.
I finished my runs and she got in. We gave her a pep talk and fingers crossed she could do the business. As she joined the queue we was made aware her timed run would only count if she ran before 4pm. Holy crap it was 3.46 and she was 5 cars from the front. Me and my bro went and pleaded with the cars in front (thanks to everyone who let us queue jump especially 10sec grey gtr) to let her push in lol.
she managed to get to the front just in time. As she lined up she had 1 attempt her 1st and only go at drag racing lol to put in a quick time. Then the announcer mentioned they was bringing the leading female down. It was a full drag prepared civic with MT drags slicks and a turbo that big it needed a hole in bonnet to fit lol. Plexi windows, no carpets seats dash etc massive burnout and they lined up side by side.
The civic sounded and looked like it would do the business. The civic launched off well. Sally in our GTR had listened well to our advice and set off once she saw the green light. No room for a false start.
She set off well and kept it planted. Pulling well mid range and reeled in the civic. The civic had knocked a full second off her time and ran a 11.8.
Sally in the GTR managed a 11.6 @ 123mph Wahoo she had done it. The fastest female at USC. Trophy on her 1st ever run.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
car killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2013, 01:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Impossible is Happy

great read..has she been given the bug?
Old 5th August 2013, 01:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
David.Yu is adjusting to life without a GT-R...
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: R35 GT-R, BMW M135i 5 dr manual, 190hp Abarth 500 (wife's)
Fantastic, one of the best stories I've read on here for ages!

If it was a DBA (2011-onwards) she would have knocked loads off that by using LC, but she didn't need to, so great.

Old 5th August 2013, 02:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
git-r is black flagged
Registered

Great read that!

So that's it, end of argument... Drag racing in a GTR is easy lol!!
Old 5th August 2013, 02:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Neanderthal is unaware they can edit their status
GTROC Member

Cars owned: 2010 R35 - Litchfield Stage 4
Wink

Anyone else think it's a bit sexist differentiating between the men and women? Surely with their multitasking abilities and (generally more light weight) women should have the advantage?
Or do they just change the lights to a 'Sale now on' sign that they go on when it lights up?
Old 5th August 2013, 02:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
willgts is USC2014 4WD Winner
GTROC Member

Cars owned: 330bhp Mk2 Leon Cupra, Nissan GTR
Hi mate, it was me in the Grey GTR that let you through. You are lucky cos I did offer my GF to have a go in mine but she has never driven it at full throttle so decided against it. But well done mate, glad a GTR got to take a trophy yesterday.
Old 5th August 2013, 03:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
car killer is fueling up

Cars owned: R35 my12 DMG.R35 GTR ums(sold).focus RS mk2. gtr v-spec2. 205gti turbo technics
Quote:
Originally Posted by willgts View Post
Hi mate, it was me in the Grey GTR that let you through. You are lucky cos I did offer my GF to have a go in mine but she has never driven it at full throttle so decided against it. But well done mate, glad a GTR got to take a trophy yesterday.
Hi mate. Nice to meet you briefly.
Yes with the times you was running we was lucky you didn't let her lol.
what spec are you running. ?

will stick a couple of pics up when I get in from work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 5th August 2013, 03:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
willgts is USC2014 4WD Winner
GTROC Member

Cars owned: 330bhp Mk2 Leon Cupra, Nissan GTR
Yeah great to meet you too. I managed a 10.6 which is a little off my PB of 10.3, but the startline felt really slippery and was only getting 1.8-9 60ft times with exactly same launch method I was using which has yielded 1.7 60ft. But still had great fun and a couple of awesome races. I'm running a Litchfield Stage 5 but also have forged rods so I can up the boost in the mid range, haven't had it on the rollers with full boost but a guestimate is somewhere between 800-850bhp. I am working on a nitrous system that works with the standard ECU too but need some spare time to do some work on it.
Old 5th August 2013, 07:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
car killer is fueling up

Quote:
Originally Posted by willgts View Post
Yeah great to meet you too. I managed a 10.6 which is a little off my PB of 10.3, but the startline felt really slippery and was only getting 1.8-9 60ft times with exactly same launch method I was using which has yielded 1.7 60ft. But still had great fun and a couple of awesome races. I'm running a Litchfield Stage 5 but also have forged rods so I can up the boost in the mid range, haven't had it on the rollers with full boost but a guestimate is somewhere between 800-850bhp. I am working on a nitrous system that works with the standard ECU too but need some spare time to do some work on it.
That makes my 11.2 seem pretty good with just a y-pipe and remap.

Old 5th August 2013, 07:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
car killer is fueling up

Pics below

USC 2013 - Imgur

Last edited by car killer; 5th August 2013 at 07:39 PM..