GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/)
-   General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/general-nissan-r35-gt-r-chat.html)
-   -   Stealthzilla vs BugARTi (Veyron) (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/186193-stealthzilla-vs-bugarti-veyron.html)

David.Yu 6th August 2013 10:59 AM

Stealthzilla vs BugARTi (Veyron)
 
Just a quick vid from Sunday's pre-event fun for Wilton Classic and Supercar day at Wroughton airfield.



No, he didn't launch as he had a "check engine" light on (!) and yes I did short shift out of 4th and braked well before the cones as it was my first run and had no idea where anything was.

GTaaaaaarrrrrr! 6th August 2013 11:04 AM

Nice clip David :cool: When do we get to see the photoshoot from the CATDT training day by the way?

goldgtr35 6th August 2013 11:35 AM

Great Video....
Cant wait to get back to England and enjoy my car again, Forgot what its like,

Impossible 6th August 2013 11:45 AM

good thing you let him win he might have increased tax's on your land.

TEAM_KHAN 6th August 2013 12:03 PM

thats made my day! lool

R35 Boxer 6th August 2013 03:48 PM

Wow! Was he fully giving it at the start? Very impressive on your part if he was :thumbsup:

GTR gilo 6th August 2013 04:09 PM

I think with another run you would have him for sure, start to finish. Well done

Fred 6th August 2013 04:20 PM

David, was this you as well at 40s?

The headline is that the TTRS dominates at the strip, but looks like it got spanked by the GTRs to me.

Audi TT-RS Dominates At The Drag Strip

David.Yu 6th August 2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R35 Boxer (Post 1874281)
Wow! Was he fully giving it at the start? Very impressive on your part if he was :thumbsup:

No, as I said in the original post, he had a check engine light on and couldn't do a launch, hence tickled it forward then floored it.

And as I also said, it was my first run there so was a bit tentative and short shifted from 4th to 5th and braked before the cones.

But there is no doubt the Veyron would have won by even more if he had been able to launch.

David.Yu 6th August 2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred (Post 1874401)
David, was this you as well at 40s?

The headline is that the TTRS dominates at the strip, but looks like it got spanked by the GTRs to me.

Audi TT-RS Dominates At The Drag Strip

Yup, and yup I whooped his ass. :chuckle:

jason4656 6th August 2013 06:15 PM

looks like the tt got handed its ass on most occasions? i hate read ups like that, kinda like the writer was dreaming and it was his car..

Belsey 7th August 2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTaaaaaarrrrrr! (Post 1873545)
Nice clip David :cool: When do we get to see the photoshoot from the CATDT training day by the way?

I would also like to know this David?

David.Yu 7th August 2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belsey (Post 1876241)
I would also like to know this David?

I will add them to the original thread.

I don't know if you've seen the current issue of evo, number 186, but we used the photo you took of my car on the steering circle, Belsey!

But despite me including your name, they forgot to credit you, sorry about that. :mad:

Anyway, I'll add some of the rest to the original thread later today if I get the chance.

Steve 7th August 2013 12:14 PM

tut tut, hand held camera, though you would at least be able to afford a Go-Pro or 2 David !!!!

Belsey 7th August 2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David.Yu (Post 1876281)
I will add them to the original thread.

I don't know if you've seen the current issue of evo, number 186, but we used the photo you took of my car on the steering circle, Belsey!

But despite me including your name, they forgot to credit you, sorry about that. :mad:

Anyway, I'll add some of the rest to the original thread later today if I get the chance.

I will get myself down to wh smiths and pick up a copy then David. It will give me something to read when I am fishing at the weekend.

Griffiths Detailing 7th August 2013 03:08 PM

Excellent video.

David.Yu 7th August 2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 1876697)
tut tut, hand held camera, though you would at least be able to afford a Go-Pro or 2 David !!!!

How do you manage to unfailingly miss the point, every single time Steve? :bowdown1:

I've got GoPros and numerous other video and still cameras, but my passenger took this one and it was the best for keeping the Veyron in shot.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
http://www.Tyreforums.com


Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.