V-Cam - Page 4 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan Skyline > Tuning: General
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26th August 2013, 07:32 PM   #61 (permalink)
Lewis_08 is now enjoying a BNR34 V-spec and the TS Super GTR
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

i am being advised by one of the most famous tuners in the world

I have not said singles are anything bad i have been asking about V-Cam as i had my mind made up and was seeing other opinion on V-Cam as i already have the turbos.

if i am the idiot what is the man who does not read before he posts arrogant i guess...

Also what is your experience with these set-ups and as per the thread V-CAM ??

Last edited by Lewis_08; 26th August 2013 at 07:37 PM..
Lewis_08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2013, 07:53 PM   #62 (permalink)
Max Boost is knocking one out

What does it matter, you've already decided

Get on with it, spend 3 times more than you need to get the same results as somebody with a 3 litre and a single turbo, who spent a fraction of what it costs to do a twin turbo and V-Cam build to get equal or better response and more power too. That's all there is to it, tuners tell you to buy stuff because they make shit loads of money out of it.
Old 26th August 2013, 08:02 PM   #63 (permalink)

lol ok i will buy what i want , thanks for that..

anyhoo i look forward to seeing the V-cam results

Old 26th August 2013, 08:11 PM   #64 (permalink)
Brains is nuts.

Cars owned: Vcam'd R33 GT-R
I would actually say that twins are cheaper because you most likely already have downpipes, boost pipes, oil water lines, exhaust manifolds etc.
Therefore twins are cheaper unless you have a real standard setup which barely anyone has.

Sure singles are better in my opinion but often it will cost more.
Old 26th August 2013, 08:12 PM   #65 (permalink)
kociek is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: R34-GTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Boost View Post
You're an idiot because you think you know better than the person who was advising you about both turbo set ups. He has experience of BOTH set ups, he told you what was best but you said otherwise. You have no experience of BOTH set ups and tried to tell somebody who has experience of both set ups that he's wrong.

That was why I called you an idiot, because you are one. Try getting some experience of BOTH set ups then maybe you'll be able to make an 'informed' decision instead of talking out of your arse about something you have no experience of.

it's his money he can do however he want!
is not right being calling people a idiot just because is challenging your opinion.
Old 26th August 2013, 08:13 PM   #66 (permalink)

It just gets my goat when people think they need to spend 3 times more than they need to because a tuner or a parts supplier tells them they need those parts.

As you say, it's up to you. I'd prefer to save 10 grand and do it differently though
Old 26th August 2013, 08:23 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kociek View Post
it's his money he can do however he want!
is not right being calling people a idiot just because is challenging your opinion.
FFS, another idiot

I'll spell it out for you, because it looks like you're having trouble understanding what has been written....

He WASN'T challenging my opinion, he was talking about something he had no experience of, as if it was fact based on first hand experience. That is not challenging anything, it's just incorrect and stupid.

Do you understand that, did I explain it clearly enough for you?

If not, I'm sorry I can't dumb it down any further AND stay conscious at the same time......

Old 26th August 2013, 08:31 PM   #68 (permalink)

Go look up cars with -5s or 2530s

I am building a road car; folks at abbey,Mines,TS etc all run this set up as a responsive road set up. (some even use GT-SS etc_

i understand many use singles (and most of these guys build cars with singles too) but it is really just down to opinion at the end of the day as with good mapping great results can be achieved on singles or twins.

where is the £10K figure from lol

The twins set up could be done on the cheap if i wished .....-5s instead std manifolds etc.

what do you run ?
Old 26th August 2013, 08:35 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
FFS, another idiot

I'll spell it out for you, because it looks like you're having trouble understanding what has been written....

He WASN'T challenging my opinion, he was talking about something he had no experience of, as if it was fact based on first hand experience. That is not challenging anything, it's just incorrect and stupid.

If not, I'm sorry I can't dumb it down any further AND stay conscious at the same time......

i have been in single turbo and twin set up cars - this WAS about V-Cam ffs are you stupid??

Guess this will be soon locked , can you post your V-Cam results on another thread in any case Brains - thanks
Old 26th August 2013, 08:41 PM   #70 (permalink)
tonigmr2 is Happy to get my R34 back!
Administrator

Cars owned: MR2 TC, 981 3.4S, Disco5, R34 & R35
Let's not do the idiot thing else I will be trimming and holidaying, keep out the personal insults.

Girls drive GTRs too

Next event is our GT-RDC Welsh weekend in November
tonigmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2013, 10:00 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
FFS, another idiot

if it make you feel better calling people an IDIOT keep doing we like happy members in the forum!

you seem quite confident of your self with your vast experience,good for you mate!

i do have a bit of trouble reading English we not ALL British on this forum,you being so "smart" i would it thought you would know that

max it might be incorrect and stupid BUT (still is his ££££),,,

i do understand better know!!! thank you very kind of you sir

Dude don't "dumb it down any further" other wise you will end up like me
and then it only going to get worst

i know what is above is not grammatically correct,but i trust you will be able to read what is there,or not

personally who cares
Old 26th August 2013, 10:03 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis_08 View Post
i have been in single turbo and twin set up cars - this WAS about V-Cam ffs are you stupid??

Guess this will be soon locked , can you post your V-Cam results on another thread in any case Brains - thanks

Lewis enjoy however you going with the car that is the main thing!

i did not mean do "crap threading" sorry
Old 26th August 2013, 10:06 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonigmr2 View Post
Let's not do the idiot thing else I will be trimming and holidaying, keep out the personal insults.
Toni please don't close the thread is not fair on Lewis plus i won't make this argument go any further.

and don't sell your R34
Old 26th August 2013, 10:53 PM   #74 (permalink)
samgtr is Alhumdilillah

Cars owned: Honda Prelude 2.2 Vtec, Nissan pulsar Gtir, BMW E39 M5, R33 GTR,
I prefer a twin set up as i like to keep as original as possible. I went for gt-ss turbos but am awaiting mapping.

Do what your happy with, take onboard peoples advice and opinions but do what makes you happy as your going to be driving it
Old 27th August 2013, 07:52 AM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samgtr View Post
I prefer a twin set up as i like to keep as original as possible. I went for gt-ss turbos but am awaiting mapping.

Do what your happy with, take onboard peoples advice and opinions but do what makes you happy as your going to be driving it

Thanks for that and nice to see the GTROC is the place i thought it was.

With no offence with the opinions being as black and white i dont take them all on board as if you go look through some pretty famous cars they have both ,just depends on what they became famous for
Old 27th August 2013, 10:02 AM   #76 (permalink)
yodookie is enjoying his car

Quote:
You're an idiot because you think you know better than the person who was advising you about both turbo set ups. He has experience of BOTH set ups, he told you what was best but you said otherwise. You have no experience of BOTH set ups and tried to tell somebody who has experience of both set ups that he's wrong.

That was why I called you an idiot, because you are one. Try getting some experience of BOTH set ups then maybe you'll be able to make an 'informed' decision instead of talking out of your arse about something you have no experience of.
What experience do you have with both setups? On the same displacement motor with the same VE?

Has the person you are claiming that has experience with both setups used them both on the same displacement motor with the same mods?

The fact that you are arguing that the newest single setups are equal to ten year old twin setups isn't really helping your case. Personally, I would like to see someone do a comparison on a twin EFR compared to a single EFR on the same engine with equal mods.

There's no need to start name calling and insulting people, we should be able to talk here like adults. It makes your points less valid and also makes you look childish.
Old 27th August 2013, 07:18 PM   #77 (permalink)
FRRACER is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: R32.4.5
Quote:
It just gets my goat when people think they need to spend 3 times more than they need to because a tuner or a parts supplier tells them they need those parts.

As you say, it's up to you. I'd prefer to save 10 grand and do it differently though
I would go for a twin setup because that is my personal preference. I dont care what tuners or anyone would tell me, I would do things how I want as it is my cash at the end of the day. I gave up with listening to people long time ago

If a single floats your boat then thats up to you. Let Lewis tune his engine how he wants and looking at what he is going for it wont be a bad setup at all.
Old 27th August 2013, 07:24 PM   #78 (permalink)
FRRACER is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: R32.4.5
Quote:

Why does it make him an idiot? Sub Boy obviously has had his own experiences there is no right and no wrong but why should Lewis take his preference as gospel? Lewis might not like the characteristics of a big single or want to go to the bother of re routing a lot of pipe work. No matter how single technology has come on over the last few years there will always be those who like it and those who do not.

Obviously your view on how people must go for singles or be branded an idiot would sit well with people with communist views
Old 27th August 2013, 07:32 PM   #79 (permalink)
Brains is nuts.

Cars owned: Vcam'd R33 GT-R
I just got home after fixing my gearbox and it's a bit late so I'll do the test tomorrow instead.
Old 27th August 2013, 07:39 PM   #80 (permalink)
ian turbo is Driving a R33 GTR, V-SPEC . 600R 2.8 hks stroker. Corsa 1.8 as 2nd car .

Cars owned: skyline gtr
I would love one for my hks 2.8.