GTR Forum banner

Plug n play remote start from Nissan key - interested?

21K views 226 replies 69 participants last post by  Prits_88 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Some of you may have seen a plug n play loom sold by bdl99 (carkitcompany) that provides remote engine start by pressing lock three times in quick succession on the stock remote.

It requires no further modules or components to be installed beyond those included, but is compatible with the viper smart start (iPhone controlled) if you want to add that later.

I'm writing here because the existing product is incompatible with European gtrs, but Brian and I are now working to resolve that. Before we take on the project, we'd like to gauge if there is a market for this, so I am looking for a show of hands.

This is the info on the current incompatible US kit:
Remote Start - Car Kit Company

Unfortunately it cannot use the same hardware as the existing kit and so the price is likely to be higher perhaps £400. At ths level, for a true plug n play loom that requires maybe 10 minutes installation time, can you post here if you are interested.

Mods, please note, this is not an offer for sale of a product, this is purely to determine if it is worth pursuing.

See less See more
#12 ·
Me too im in!! But not for 400 quid lol..

#14 ·
Blade,

What don't you get?

Takamo,

For you, very easy to install, locate body control module at bottom of passenger side a-pillar unplug two multiplugs and plug this loom adapter inbetween. That's it.

Re price, £400 is an indicator. Not certain how much room there is to move, hence not offering for sale.

Re insurance, you'll have to check on that yourself. You still can get in the car without the key, and if you could, you can t move ignition to start without the key. If you touch the brake to try to put it in gear, it dies immediately if not in the run mode.

#22 ·
Hmm, how would it work if we have a tracker fitted in the car..? wouldnt the alarms go off since the tracker device would not be detected in the car when it starts..?

#25 ·
For me, personally, it's when it's freezing outside, the heated seats can be warm, the windscreen can defrost and the engine can get up to some-sort of temperature before driving under any type of load.

#26 ·
I'm not sure what difference it makes that the car has push button start in relation to remote start.

I want to pre heat the oil because the car is a daily driver and my journey to work and back is not long enough to get the oil up to temperature in time to put my foot down.

#27 · (Edited)
I don't get why anyone would want to remote start their car. Number times I've accidentally unlocked or opened boots... Scary!

How hard is it pressing the big red button with the existing keyless start?

That's what I don't get!

My car isn't cold in winter as it is garaged and that's heated so maybe that's it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.