GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum - View Single Post - 4 Led Rear lights
View Single Post
Old 6th August 2013, 09:02 PM   #124 (permalink)
dzuser
dzuser is Chilling
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has been able to locate a source for the connectors? Enabling individuals to make a plug-in harness?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi View Post
Just to update the thread I managed to put together this harness with some help from Protegimus (top guy ).

Brought 8 x 1N4001 and 2 x 180ohm 2W resistors, some shrink wrap, some used speaker cables from my local stereo guy, borrowed a soldering iron and even solder from my friend and just like magic, managed to build the harness.

NOTE: I'VE NEVER SOLDERED IN MY LIFE! ALSO I CAN ONLY DO THE SIMPLEST DIY'S LIKE CHANGING A LIGHT BULB.

CAUTION: IF YOU DO DECIDE TO DO IT, MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT IN A RUSH AND DOUBLE CHECK EVERYTHING. I TOOK MY SWEET TIME AND DOUBLE CHECKED WITH PEOPLE THAT KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT ELECTRICAL WIRING.

I followed the last diagram posted by Protegimus and prepared the wiring harness in the office before going to the car to connect up to the loom. For us idiots in electronics, make sure that you have the diodes facing the correct way.

Ossie cossie, Protegimus and all those that contribute to the DIY You guys are champs!!!

Cost me like $2.50GBP in materials, a little time (actually 7 days ) and some courage. Cutting those 2 cables I had to hold my breath.

Skills needed:

1. Can splice a cable - Practice with some spare speaker cable if you need.
2. Can read the diagram posted
3. Can do a little soldering (youtube is very useful for this )

To disassemble the rear I followed this link:

Hooking up the DIY harness I used tape instead of soldering as I do not have power points in my underground car park. I just twisted the wires together and taped them tightly together. (you get a sore back working on the rear)