The "next" gtr - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 4th March 2004, 07:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
2007 "gtr" is unaware they can edit their status

The "next" gtr

Hi all, I was wondering if any of you had heard of anything in part about the upcoming gtr?
If my suspicions are correct the "next" gtr will not have anything in reference to the skyline, is this true?
I have access to nissan's site ftp files and folders and have not found a single thing on the gtr.
Mind you I've checked both english and japanese ftp folders and nothing, thought it would serve me of good use since my father works for nissan as IT Manager, but nothing found whatsoever.
When do you think someone will leak some information?
I have reason to believe that the "next" gtr should be in blueprints by now, I mean if they do plan to have it for 2007. Shame its going to come out that year, becuase since I live in the u.k. it will be about 2008 when I can purchase one, and if shipped globally as been said by Carlos Ghosn, it might be in the u.s. possibly by 2009!
What are everyones opinion on the upcoming gtr, would sure like to get some feedback from everyone here, thanks.

Regards,
-Dave
Old 4th March 2004, 10:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Gez
Gez is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: R33 GTR
From what i have heard the engine has been developed and tweaked by Cosworth and its now finished. My suspicions tell me that after the poor reception the prototype got from the Skyline enthusiasts, Nissan has decided to re-design the car to resemble the r33/34.
Just my 2p worth

Gerry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2004, 10:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Hope4Sun is Detaling the GTR most likley.
GTROC Member

Cars owned: R35 GTR, X UK R34GTR V Spec
Quote:
Originally posted by Gez
From what i have heard the engine has been developed and tweaked by Cosworth and its now finished. My suspicions tell me that after the poor reception the prototype got from the Skyline enthusiasts, Nissan has decided to re-design the car to resemble the r33/34.
Just my 2p worth

Gerry
I so hope so

Old 4th March 2004, 10:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Shin is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: R35 GT-R Premium / Infiniti FX50S
Sorry but I cannot comment about this matter.

Regards,
Shin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2004, 10:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
LSR
LSR is unaware they can edit their status

Be careful, you or your dad could get in trouble for looking at Nissan's files and giving out inside information to us But we do all want to know!

No new news on the next GT-R so I can't say anything.

Check the next GT-R section, which is where this thread should be moved to.
Old 4th March 2004, 11:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Shin
Sorry but I cannot comment about this matter.

Regards,
Shin
Why so?
You are owner of prospec no?
Is it possible that if the next gtr is imported to the u.k. it could affect sales of importation for r34, r33, r32, etc.?
I hope it would not interfere.
Old 4th March 2004, 11:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by LSR
Be careful, you or your dad could get in trouble for looking at Nissan's files and giving out inside information to us But we do all want to know!

No new news on the next GT-R so I can't say anything.

Check the next GT-R section, which is where this thread should be moved to.
Well, my father would not get in trouble seeming as he needs to use the ftp to design and create pages for the local nissan dealer he works for.
I should check into it again, if I look into it again I might find something interesting. Will keep you all updated.
Old 5th March 2004, 12:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
GTES-t is getting ready to move

Cars owned: R32 GTE>S-t
From everything I've been hearing, the new GTR will be in production 2007 to be sold as a 2008 model.

As for weather or not it is associated to the Skyline, no one knows. From all the appearance, and the fact that the concept didn't have Skyline written on it anywhere, only GTR and it was unvailed as the Nissan GTR, no mention of Skyline, it looks like it will be all on it's own.

As for the engine, it was originally stated that it will 'most likely' be equiped with the new VQ's (Nissan's newest powerhouse to replace the RB and all of it's other engines) and also was not going to be turbo'd. Of course, right after they said this they started running a VQ30DETT engine on the JGTC R34 GTR's, a turbo'd version of the VQ30, none of the production cars have a turbo VQ option. So, the speculation going around now is that they are running the turbo'd VQ engines in the JGTC so that they can develop it for the next GTR.

What Nissan actually does, is anyones guess, only they know. And they are doing a great job of being very tight lipped about it!
Old 5th March 2004, 08:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
mattb is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: Skyline 25 GTST
Having seen the front cover of Autocar last night I think Nissan are going to have to have a total rethink. For anyone who has not seen it, it has a picture of Toyota's proposed Supra. They have really upped the bar, mid engined 200mph+ performance 2 seater with Lamborgini type performance. It will make the proposed GTR look a bit humble in comparison.

Matt

"yes it's a Skyline, no it's not a GTR, oh your mate has one that is 600bhp but his Cossie is faster, well I never, no it hasn't go 1000bhp... of course it's faster than your Saxo you moron!" - just another day owning a GTST:)

:)
mattb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2004, 10:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Bean is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

Cars owned: Reservation receipt
You sure that that isn't the 'proposed' 4500GT, or 444GT or F1 or whatever they're calling it this week
Old 5th March 2004, 11:03 AM   #11 (permalink)

dunno, the magazine said new Supra

Matt

"yes it's a Skyline, no it's not a GTR, oh your mate has one that is 600bhp but his Cossie is faster, well I never, no it hasn't go 1000bhp... of course it's faster than your Saxo you moron!" - just another day owning a GTST:)

Old 5th March 2004, 11:08 AM   #12 (permalink)
Bean is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

Cars owned: Reservation receipt
Matt,

I really doubt the next Supra will be at that level from what I read over here.
I think someone got the wrong end of the stick and is thinking the 'new' Supra will be like Toyota's latest proposal for it's flagship sports car, which is supposed to be related to their F1 racing.
In fact in the latest Best Car mag, the new Supra didn't look that hot to me.
It's all press speculation though - until we actually see it - just like the next GT-R
Old 5th March 2004, 11:42 AM   #13 (permalink)
AJFleming is more machine than man.

Cars owned: 350Z Roadster
To be honest I would take anything 'Autocar' says with a pinch of salt, they seem to make an alarming amount of stories up.

The home of rubbish films.

Xbox username: BigBramble
PS3 username: Bramble
AJFleming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2004, 01:50 PM   #14 (permalink)

I agree, however I suppose the point is still the same. Toyota's flagship model regardless of name will be F1 inspired and be playing with the Ferraris and Lamborginis. Will Nissan's flagship be in the same league?

Matt

Old 5th March 2004, 07:16 PM   #15 (permalink)

I personally think toyota is waiting for nissan to make a move or so I suspect. See, who brings out the "better" of the two. I think it will be something similar to what happened between Mitsubishi and Subaru. When Mitsubishi unveiled the evo 8 in the u.s. almost overnight Subaru released the sti which stiffened the competion and brought the issue more openly to the publics notice. Not only did they make a open and publicized challenge but they tried to humiliate Mitsubishi by sending in a 300hp wrc rally rival car; and leaving very close price range for subdued questioning. Meaning people would say, "hey for 2000 more I can get myself 40 more hp, why should I get the sti over the evo." I am sure something like that is bound to happen, sooner or later--a clash between both.
Personally, from what I seen, I think the "next gtr" is going to be very special, to be the hallmark of nissan I think, look how long they will take for it to come out.
Old 5th March 2004, 07:27 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by mattb
Toyota's flagship model regardless of name will be F1 inspired and be playing with the Ferraris and Lamborginis. Will Nissan's flagship be in the same league?
Carlos Ghosn has made that an aware consideration, if Im correct all that he has stated as for the "next gtr's" power leads me to belive that it can easily be within porsches, lambo, and ferraris--same ballgame.
Old 19th March 2004, 11:06 PM   #17 (permalink)
bnr34vspec2 is unaware they can edit their status

Quote:
Originally posted by GTES-t
Of course, right after they said this they started running a VQ30DETT engine on the JGTC R34 GTR's, a turbo'd version of the VQ30, none of the production cars have a turbo VQ option.
FYI, the current Stagea have a version running a VQ25 turbo.

Jeff
Old 20th March 2004, 05:57 PM   #18 (permalink)

Does anyone think production for the next gtr has started?
Were would be the first place to look if I wanted some concrete info on the next gtr?
Old 20th March 2004, 09:09 PM   #19 (permalink)
LSR
LSR is unaware they can edit their status

Quote:
Does anyone think production for the next gtr has started?
No. Production doesn't start until a few months before the date of when dealers will get the cars, or at least this is the case with other cars. If production was to start now, the car would be in dealers a lot sooner than the 2007/8. Or they won't spend 4 years producing units (and a lot of units). When you say production, I assume you mean the final production model actually being in the factory and being produced by Nissan. 2007 will be the year the car's are in production, and 2008 in the dealers (late 2007/early 2008?).

Quote:
Were would be the first place to look if I wanted some concrete info on the next gtr?
Here? Nissan? But take any information from a club and with no authentification from the poster with a grain of salt.
Old 21st March 2004, 02:39 AM   #20 (permalink)

I have access to the ftp for the nissan sites but still I see nothing on the gtr.