GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/)
-   General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/general-nissan-r35-gt-r-chat.html)
-   -   First long distance drive in the GTR (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/213633-first-long-distance-drive-gtr.html)

wmd_gtr 15th November 2013 03:46 PM

First long distance drive in the GTR

1 Attachment(s)
So far my car has only ever seen short journeys and spirited blasts. Last weekend I decided to use it for it's first long journey. All in all she covered just over 600 miles and I've got to say I was very impressed. She didn't miss a beat. I was a bit worried at first that after a couple of hours driving it would be uncomfortable, but probably one of the easiest and comfiest journies I have done! (I know some will disagree with the comfort lol) I thought it was great.

To top it all off Man U bet Arsenal :) ROBIN VAN PERSIE!! :D

The one part of the weekend that did annoy me was the guy sat beside me at old trafford. At half time he asked me "how long is the break". :chairshot

Hashlak 15th November 2013 03:53 PM

Heyy thats you on instagram isnt it ..? 'nissan_gtr_scene'

Nice, i got to do some long trips too while ive had mine and i think its great.. Not too uncomfortable and its pretty crazy how this thing eats up miles :)

wmd_gtr 15th November 2013 03:57 PM

Yeah that's me lmao.

Yeah it's pretty easy just to kick back and relax in it I think. The more I drive the car the more and more it impresses me lol.

Crafty_Blade 16th November 2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmd_gtr (Post 2196169)
I was a bit worried at first that after a couple of hours driving it would be uncomfortable, but probably one of the easiest and comfiest journies I have done! (I know some will disagree with the comfort lol) I thought it was great.

Sounds like you had a great weekend :thumbsup: I'm with you, I did 3500 miles in mine on a Euro road trip last year and imo one of the comfiest sport car drives I've had...must have been good, missus didn't complain once!

wmd_gtr 16th November 2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crafty_Blade (Post 2198241)
Sounds like you had a great weekend :thumbsup: I'm with you, I did 3500 miles in mine on a Euro road trip last year and imo one of the comfiest sport car drives I've had...must have been good, missus didn't complain once!

Was a great weekend! Even my GF enjoyed the game :). That must have been amazing! I would love to do something like that! Yeah my Gf didn't complain about it either lol. Even the non res ypipe wasn't annoying :).

What's the best roads in Europe you've driven on?

Evo9lution 16th November 2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

To top it all off Man U bet Arsenal :) ROBIN VAN PERSIE!! :D

Surely that's Arsenal beating Arsenal really?

Quote:

The one part of the weekend that did annoy me was the guy sat beside me at old trafford. At half time he asked me "how long is the break". :chairshot

Isn't that pretty standard for the prawn sandwich munching brigade?

wmd_gtr 16th November 2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo9lution (Post 2198769)
Surely that's Arsenal beating Arsenal really?

Nah the way football works if somebody buys a player he then becomes their player. I'll use an analogy to describe. If you and your friend are playing monopoly and you have a train station for the vast majority of the game, but then your friend offers you a trade to buy it from you it then becomes your friends train station. If you later land on the train station you once had it's not you landing on your train station, it's you landing on your friends train station and you have to give your friend money because it's their train station. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo9lution (Post 2198769)
Isn't that pretty standard for the prawn sandwich munching brigade?

Sadly the only tickets I could get were up with the Americans who didn't know how long half time was and the Asians who were more interested in taking pictures and selfies than they were about the actual match. Still enjoyed the victory, even though the game was pretty boring and a small part of me dies inside every time I see fellani in a Man U kit.