Official Nismo and MY14 Launch inc. LIVE STREAM!! - Page 6 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21st November 2013, 02:20 PM   #101 (permalink)
CT17 is probably in an R34 GT-R.
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: A GT-R... and some others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevgtr View Post
Just my little opinion, I don't like it at all, looks tarty and tuppaware, I cannot fathom how that price can be seen as a bargain, but good luck to buyers
I think a bargain is stretching what was said a bit.

It's acceptable considering the cost of a new GT-R and the extra parts, with a side helping of exclusivity.
(assuming £125-£130k with it's extra bits)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CT17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2013, 02:40 PM   #102 (permalink)
Zed Ed is elsewhere, mostly
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: BRZ track project
I like it loads, net the red stripe.

Price will put it in a tasty market though; must be 911 gt3 4.0 territory and other great metal.

With NurburgringGTR off to raid his offshore slush fund and Rog350z getting ready to prositute himself, I'd better get in fast.
Old 21st November 2013, 02:47 PM   #103 (permalink)
Henry 145 is without a GTR
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: M4 CP, R35GTR X 3, B8 RS4, 997 GT2, 997 GT3, 997TT, 996TT, Evo IX FQ-360, E46M3, RR Vogue and RRS TD V8
This car has made me fall for the GTR all over again (that and Dean Kenny getting one)

Old 21st November 2013, 02:51 PM   #104 (permalink)
TAZZMAXX is ...............
ADMIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry 145 View Post
This car has made me fall for the GTR all over again (that and Dean Kenny getting one)
Is Dean Kenny really getting one of these? Wow.
Old 21st November 2013, 03:04 PM   #105 (permalink)
New Reg is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: McLaren 12c
Any chance this thread could be kept free of DK related bullshit?
Old 21st November 2013, 03:18 PM   #106 (permalink)
New Reg is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: McLaren 12c
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT17 View Post
I think a bargain is stretching what was said a bit.

It's acceptable considering the cost of a new GT-R and the extra parts, with a side helping of exclusivity.
(assuming £125-£130k with it's extra bits)
I have to say I will be shocked if the brakes are bog standard Brembos.

I think the problem - as far as I am concerned - lies in the fact that, whilst the car is exclusive in terms of the fact it has been modded by Nissan it is not exclusive in terms of its capabilities. I mean, 595 bhp - thats Stage 1/2 level. And if the brakes are bog standard, then it stops like a standard car (probably a bit better with weight reduction factored in but you get my drift). So in terms of performance it's really not all that special. And is that not why most people buy GTR's - bang for buck as opposed to exclusivity? TBH your old car Richard would probably have it for breakfast, especially with the Alcon brake kit you had. Pretty sure you would be dissapointed coming from what I see as a pretty perfect GTR to something that cost a shed load more, goes the same, does not stop as well and which you are afraid to mod for fear of losing the warranty.

Having said all that, if you get one I would love to pop over and see it.
Old 21st November 2013, 03:22 PM   #107 (permalink)
Henry 145 is without a GTR
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: M4 CP, R35GTR X 3, B8 RS4, 997 GT2, 997 GT3, 997TT, 996TT, Evo IX FQ-360, E46M3, RR Vogue and RRS TD V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZMAXX View Post
Is Dean Kenny really getting one of these? Wow.
We are going to have a whip round and help him get it...the movie will be so much better with Dear Leader in a NISMO rather than his current steed
Old 21st November 2013, 04:00 PM   #108 (permalink)
ChuckUK is a proffesional loafer

Cars owned: MK3 VR6, Evo 6, Type-R, R32, GSI, VX220T, RRS-SC, RS4, GTR :)
Why is it year on year the BHP goes up but the TQ stays about the same ? The new Nismo; 600bhp but almost standard TQ.

A Stage 2 remap gets nearly 600 TQ I don't get it.
Old 21st November 2013, 04:59 PM   #109 (permalink)
Guy
Guy is here.
Registered

Cars owned: Have owned R32/33/34/35, Porsche 964/993RS/996GT2 Ruf/997GT2, plus some Lambo/Ferrari/Alpina/BMW etc
From Pistonheads:

PH in Japan: Blog diary - PistonHeads

No tales of woe and destruction from the GT-R NISMO preview drive, I'm afraid. Although we only got a few laps of a rather featureless circuit behind the wheel of the new arrival it was a privilege to get such early access to a hugely exciting car, one that's capable of lapping the Nordschleife in 7min 9sec.

Except it isn't. The car we all drove was the standard GT-R NISMO, rather than the track-spec version that Michael Krumm hustled around the 'ring in that scarcely believable time. The differences between the two cars are actually quite significant so it's worth detailing them here for clarity's sake. For the record, I don't think Nissan was intentionally trying to pull the wool over our eyes (the brag in the official statement did come with an asterisk), but I'd be remiss to not outline the facts.

The Time Attack car, as Nissan refers to it, car had bigger spoilers for more downforce, different dampers and brake pads, bucket seats that contributed to a significant 50kg weight saving and a new ECU map. Together those modifications could count for several seconds around the 'ring, but perhaps even more significantly the car used to set the time had been tuned specifically for the Nordschleife, as NISMO's engineers confess.

So basically if you want to do the claimed time you need to buy a Nismo and then all the other Nismo extras above (bet they're cheap) as well......... £150k+ would be my guess.
Old 21st November 2013, 05:18 PM   #110 (permalink)
TAZZMAXX is ...............
ADMIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
From Pistonheads:

PH in Japan: Blog diary - PistonHeads

No tales of woe and destruction from the GT-R NISMO preview drive, I'm afraid. Although we only got a few laps of a rather featureless circuit behind the wheel of the new arrival it was a privilege to get such early access to a hugely exciting car, one that's capable of lapping the Nordschleife in 7min 9sec.

Except it isn't. The car we all drove was the standard GT-R NISMO, rather than the track-spec version that Michael Krumm hustled around the 'ring in that scarcely believable time. The differences between the two cars are actually quite significant so it's worth detailing them here for clarity's sake. For the record, I don't think Nissan was intentionally trying to pull the wool over our eyes (the brag in the official statement did come with an asterisk), but I'd be remiss to not outline the facts.

The Time Attack car, as Nissan refers to it, car had bigger spoilers for more downforce, different dampers and brake pads, bucket seats that contributed to a significant 50kg weight saving and a new ECU map. Together those modifications could count for several seconds around the 'ring, but perhaps even more significantly the car used to set the time had been tuned specifically for the Nordschleife, as NISMO's engineers confess.

So basically if you want to do the claimed time you need to buy a Nismo and then all the other Nismo extras above (bet they're cheap) as well......... £150k+ would be my guess.
Good Lord! A car manufacturer trying to deceive us with unattainable stats, whatever next?
Old 21st November 2013, 05:20 PM   #111 (permalink)
wmd_gtr is wanting to mod
GTROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZMAXX View Post
Good Lord! A car manufacturer trying to deceive us with unattainable stats, whatever next?
Nissan don't do that! I'm doing 0-60 in 2.7 seconds every time no fuss. So I know they wouldn't piss about with the Nismo.
Old 21st November 2013, 06:22 PM   #112 (permalink)
paul__k is unaware they can edit their status
GT-RDC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckUK View Post
Why is it year on year the BHP goes up but the TQ stays about the same ? The new Nismo; 600bhp but almost standard TQ.

A Stage 2 remap gets nearly 600 TQ I don't get it.
Because the gearbox is rated at Around 480 lbft torque.
Old 21st November 2013, 07:01 PM   #113 (permalink)
nismoman is unaware they can edit their status
GT-RDC Founder Member

i think people need to stop comparing all the tuners cars with the nismo GTR ,in my opinion the majority of the tuners cars are what i would call straight line cars ,yes there's no denying the incredible fast , and yes some of them are pretty quick round a track ,but building a fast track car is a whole different world, and believe me the nismo engineers and the likes of micheal krum will have put a lot of expertise into that car to put the times in round the ring .and anyone that thinks there going to take there car to a tuner throw a few thousand pounds at it ,give it a name ( which seems all the rage now ) and get anywhere near that time are living in la la land . THAT IS A CHEEP CAR and if you compare the price against a R35 GT3 car it looks even better value
nismoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2013, 07:45 PM   #114 (permalink)
Trevgtr is eating tyres and drinking 99ron, expensive diet, rapidly approaching 100k miles in R35's
GTROC Member

I expect you've all seen PH's review...

RE: Nissan GT-R MY14 and NISMO: Driven - PistonHeads
Old 21st November 2013, 07:48 PM   #115 (permalink)
DonnyMac is Enjoying the Porsche C4S Cabrio after finally selling the Maserati

Cars owned: Maserati GranSport :: Ariel Atom 3 300 :: Honda FireBlade
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismoman View Post
and anyone that thinks there going to take there car to a tuner throw a few thousand pounds at it ,give it a name ( which seems all the rage now ) and get anywhere near that time are living in la la land
What makes you think this? Why do you think a handful of Japanese engineers are better than British engineers, or American engineers for that matter?

What did they do?

Lightened the car, new suspension, trick wing and a new map... oh, and the key issue a kick-ass driver.

So do you believe that our British engineers couldn't create a similar product and that the same driver would suddenly be unable to hit similar numbers with a similar or better product?

Odd.
Old 21st November 2013, 07:53 PM   #116 (permalink)
GTR RGT is unaware they can edit their status
Registered

Cars owned: R34, R35, Defender, Supra
Any HPC's getting one in the near future? london perhaps?

Nice troll btw
Old 21st November 2013, 08:16 PM   #117 (permalink)
nismoman is unaware they can edit their status
GT-RDC Founder Member

No i don't think that we or anyone else have not got the engineers ,and that's not what i emplyed ,but like i said there's alot more to it than just bolting on a few bits and away you go regardless of who is driving ,not saying no one else cant do it what im saying is for the price ,with the extra PROVEN TIMES AND DEVELOPMENT its a cheep car ,and i dont see any uk gtr tuners building fast track cars ,like i said most of them are what i would call straight line with the exception of a very few owners who have took the time to try and improve there cars for the track ,and as they will tell you at great expense .
As some members on hear may recall a trip to the ring were a certain 24Hr race driver drove 10 gtroc members cars, all modified round the ring and in his conclusions said two were dangerous and another four were worse than a standard car ,and all thos cars were supposedly built by tuners ( most off them not in business any more i may add ) all im saying is development that improves a car is very very expensive ,thus back to my original post ITS A CHEEP CAR in my opinion ,people may disagree but thats just my opinion
nismoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2013, 08:24 PM   #118 (permalink)
DonnyMac is Enjoying the Porsche C4S Cabrio after finally selling the Maserati

Cars owned: Maserati GranSport :: Ariel Atom 3 300 :: Honda FireBlade
Okay, okay - you think it's 'CHEEP'

Old 21st November 2013, 09:05 PM   #119 (permalink)
Papa Smurf is nurburgringgtr
GT-RDC Founder Member

Cars owned: Nissan MY18 Track Edition Litchfield GT-R, Golf R, Dancing Donkey 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismoman View Post
i think people need to stop comparing all the tuners cars with the nismo GTR ,in my opinion the majority of the tuners cars are what i would call straight line cars ,yes there's no denying the incredible fast , and yes some of them are pretty quick round a track ,but building a fast track car is a whole different world, and believe me the nismo engineers and the likes of micheal krum will have put a lot of expertise into that car to put the times in round the ring .and anyone that thinks there going to take there car to a tuner throw a few thousand pounds at it ,give it a name ( which seems all the rage now ) and get anywhere near that time are living in la la land . THAT IS A CHEEP CAR and if you compare the price against a R35 GT3 car it looks even better value
As usual nismoman speaks some sense. I don't agree with everything he says and that is because I do track and Shaun does everything that a GTROC member would aspire to (sorry Shaun but her indoors told me to say that).

The Nismo GT-R is an extremely well developed car that can do what some of us have attempted to replicate in our GT-R's. I agree that some tuners are absolutely fantastic for straight line power (SVM) while others pursue a different route for less power, possibly more reliability and track capabilities (Litchfield). Both have their place and are top of their game in their particular specialities.

The Nismo GT-R is a complete package that deserves its name in the history or Skyline and GT-R as being one of the most complete packages that Nissan have produced in their history and will probably continue to improve upon in the next three years.

People are already talking about different suspension and trick mapping etc, but overall the car is what you can buy next year for use on the road and track.

I believe that they have achieved a fantastic product that will be an icon in years to come. It will be improved, it will be tuned, but the R & D that has gone into this car is incredible and Nissan need to be congratulated for producing such a machine.

It will not be for everyone and some will say that the Porsche 991 GT3 is the better all round car and the Turbo S may be quicker under certain conditions, but the Nismo GT-R has arrived and will be available to drive out of the showroom next September. I for one may be doing just that
Old 21st November 2013, 09:59 PM   #120 (permalink)
PS30-SB is having a nice cup of tea

Cars owned: Genuine HS30-H x 2, HLS30, Replica PS30-SB project, genuine KPGC10.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyMac View Post
What makes you think this? Why do you think a handful of Japanese engineers are better than British engineers, or American engineers for that matter?

What did they do?

Lightened the car, new suspension, trick wing and a new map... oh, and the key issue a kick-ass driver.

So do you believe that our British engineers couldn't create a similar product and that the same driver would suddenly be unable to hit similar numbers with a similar or better product?

Odd.
You'd have to get your theoretical team of British and/or American engineers to create the R35 from scratch, and then 'tune' it, for me to take you seriously.

But they didn't, did they?

Gotta love GT-R 'fans'. So many of them only open their mouth to put their own foot inside...