Official Nismo and MY14 Launch inc. LIVE STREAM!! - Page 8 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22nd November 2013, 02:23 PM   #141 (permalink)
CT17 is probably in an R34 GT-R.
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: A GT-R... and some others.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CT17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 02:36 PM   #142 (permalink)
Mookistar is so happy to be out of Skyline ownership
Site Admin.

Cars owned: Mookiwagen Passat and a good nights sleep
it's a bit like the 400r or the z-tune, "designed" to go like stink around the track, but likely to be so rare and expensive that few will ever see the track.

Will be interesting to see what happens.
Old 22nd November 2013, 03:08 PM   #143 (permalink)
splking is still enjoying his 09 GTR
GTROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT17 View Post
But it's not designed for the same purpose.

The NISMO is designed like the stock GT-R, to be driven by regular people.
With a factory backed 3 year warranty.

The L17CHO car is a modded GT-R that would be a liability in "Joe Public"s hands.
There is absolutely no doubt that a well tuned car is quicker in the right hands.
Hi Richard,

I Appreciate what you have said above but are we suggesting that the reason Nissan didn't develop a car like the LM800 is because of the moral hazard? From what I have heard, and this is only what I have heard, the LM800 is as complete a car as the standard GTR itself, and at a guess probably as reliable as the car it is based on.

My point being that the 'improvements' a car like the LM800 (and the comparables from other tuners) has over the standard appear not to affect the cars reliability, driveability or its ability to be driven by any 'Joe Public' but result in a car that might be able to compete with the Nismo offering at a far lower price. I get the feeling that's what some people are trying to suggest here... not that the Nismo isn't a great car, but that the standard GTR is such a capable machine that the additional features the Nismo variant offers that result in the improved lap time can be replicated or substituted for other modifications that could result in a similarly fast, reliable and usable car.

H
SRD 1000R | Jun 4.0L EX engine | Litchfield EFR kit | Alcon CCX | Rays G25's | Litchfield suspension | PW Pro wrap | Sextons full audio upgrade inc. legertas 2015 nav system | HKS transmission & diff cooler | Recaro Sporster CS seats w/Takata seat harness | Aeromotions aerodynamic upgrades | KR carbon accessories | PPG gears 1-6 | XM 18 plate billet clutch | Syvecs S8 Ecu | Whiteline sway bars & bushes | Clearcorners & MY14 lights
splking is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 22nd November 2013, 03:17 PM   #144 (permalink)
GT-RDC Member

I agree with you there H,

Sure, the lap time could be repeated with a tuned and balanced car with a similar driver.
At a lower cost too.

But I still feel the NISMO will be easier to drive as it is designed for "anyone" where tuned cars generally require some skill to drive.

My stage 4 was noticably more twitchy if you got on the power too early coming out of a corner, compared to my stage 2. As it generated a big slug of torque.
Possibly why the NISMO doesn't have huge torque... on top of them keeping withing the gearbox long term torque tolerances.

As a "volume produced car" they need to be easy to drive and not scare drivers as much as tuned cars can.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 22nd November 2013, 03:32 PM   #145 (permalink)
GT-RDC Member

I'm leaning towards MY14 and a few little mods...
Three year warranty and R36 maybe.
Old 22nd November 2013, 03:33 PM   #146 (permalink)
splking is still enjoying his 09 GTR
GTROC Member

Fair enough Richard, you make a valid point.
SRD 1000R | Jun 4.0L EX engine | Litchfield EFR kit | Alcon CCX | Rays G25's | Litchfield suspension | PW Pro wrap | Sextons full audio upgrade inc. legertas 2015 nav system | HKS transmission & diff cooler | Recaro Sporster CS seats w/Takata seat harness | Aeromotions aerodynamic upgrades | KR carbon accessories | PPG gears 1-6 | XM 18 plate billet clutch | Syvecs S8 Ecu | Whiteline sway bars & bushes | Clearcorners & MY14 lights
splking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 04:17 PM   #147 (permalink)
nismoman is unaware they can edit their status
GT-RDC Founder Member

Flynn excuse me for daring to have a different opinion from other people ,if people feel its too much money to pay for a Nissan that's there choice , and if people feel they can nip down to there tuners spend a few quid and build a faster car im sure they will be happy to for saving money . i don't profess to be any expert on anything in particular ,the point i was trying to put across ,which obviously you didn't understand is to achieve what they have achieved with the testing and development and improving the road car ,would be a lot more difficult to achieve then people think , if its that easy we would have more people doing it , and the key board worry point is maybe peoples lack of understanding about how difficult it would be to get even near the times of the Nismo gtr without spending a lot of money on testing and development which is very very expensive . and the point of mentioning John was ,as someone who has spent time testing brakes and tyres on his gtr i think his opinions are very relevant in my opinion .
obviously this is just my opinion ,and what would i know im just a gtr enthusiast that just happens to have two old gtr,s
nismoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 04:27 PM   #148 (permalink)
Papa Smurf is nurburgringgtr
GT-RDC Founder Member

Cars owned: Nissan MY18 Track Edition Litchfield GT-R, Golf R, Dancing Donkey 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYNN View Post
Please close the forum as its all sorted now. Any questions about anything, just ask nismoman and John because we havent been on the "forefront of using a gtr on track and can fully appreciate how good the new nismo gtr looks"

Shame on us all. We must try harder to be like nismoman and John.

Thanks for the attitude adjustment nismoman and John.
Your endearing character adds enormously to the content on this forum

Had you bought that F type Flynn, we would be at a total loss on this forum without your constructively cynical, mocking, pessimistic, sceptical, sarcastic, distrustful, suspicious, contemptuous, disparaging, derisive, disdainful, sardonic, disrespectful, insulting, supercilious, scornful, insolent, impertinent, and mordant ways.

We must try harder to find you the right GT-R so I can continue to look up the synonyms that best describe your future posts and comments.

Fortunately neither nismoman or nurburgringgtr are experts, just enthusiasts that have an opinion

Just wish I owned a FIA Nissan GT-R GT1 that won the World Championship last year and could speak with some authority
Old 22nd November 2013, 06:29 PM   #149 (permalink)
barry P. is fed up with all the politics and back stabbing in car clubs!
GT-RDC Founder Member

Cars owned: GT-R R35, Evo IX GT, Evo II, Radical SR3, and a "Dancing Donkey".
Quote:
Originally Posted by splking View Post
I would love to see what the L17CHO car could do in a professional drivers hands. As people on here have said the Nismo is a fully sorted car in terms of the balance of aero/power/braking etc... but let's not discount a modded car yet without any data. Do you think Iain might lend his LM800 car to one of the pro's for a full on hot lap? Now that I would love to see.

H
Rob Huff, the World Touring car champion and GTROC member, has a Litchfield tuned R35. I'm sure Rob would be up for a little challenge round the Nurburgring next year in his car. It would be very interesting to see what times he could do!

"Welcome my son, welcome to the machine."
barry P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 09:38 AM   #150 (permalink)
Guy
Guy is here.
Registered

Cars owned: Have owned R32/33/34/35, Porsche 964/993RS/996GT2 Ruf/997GT2, plus some Lambo/Ferrari/Alpina/BMW etc
Don't get me wrong I love the GTR and mine was amazing on the 'ring, but I completely distrust most of Nissans claims from there since their history is as follows:

- The R33 that 'first went under 8 mins' was modified from stock and ran much more boost and about 400bhp (my friend was a Nissan engineer at the time who was involved)

- The R34 Z-Tune they sent to try and get a lap-time (which didn't) was also modified from the car they sold and had a full bird-cage rear structure inside the boot that they tried to hide when we saw the car on the day.

- This Nismo GT-R that has set the time is suddenly revealed to have only done-so with 'custom ecu', and specials seats, wing and suspension above even the 130k price...
Old 23rd November 2013, 10:14 AM   #151 (permalink)
FLYNN is worth it
Banned

Cars owned: MY13 R8 V10 spyder
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurburgringgtr View Post
Your endearing character adds enormously to the content on this forum

Had you bought that F type Flynn, we would be at a total loss on this forum without your constructively cynical, mocking, pessimistic, sceptical, sarcastic, distrustful, suspicious, contemptuous, disparaging, derisive, disdainful, sardonic, disrespectful, insulting, supercilious, scornful, insolent, impertinent, and mordant ways.

We must try harder to find you the right GT-R so I can continue to look up the synonyms that best describe your future posts and comments.

Fortunately neither nismoman or nurburgringgtr are experts, just enthusiasts that have an opinion

Just wish I owned a FIA Nissan GT-R GT1 that won the World Championship last year and could speak with some authority
You missed of pedantic......

My previous post was meant to be belittling. Just as Nismoman was calling people keyboard warriors because they didn't buy into the marketing. Owning a V8 with a GTR body on it doesn't make you an expert, it makes you a fan boy.

Of course people are entitled to there own opinion, it's just that if it's not the same as mine, it's the wrong one.

The lap time it's done is irrelevant anyway. 99% of people on here couldn't repeat it, and wouldn't be any quicker in a Nismo GTR, than they would in a stage 4 car.

As nice as it is, it's a marketing exercise and nothing more......
Old 23rd November 2013, 02:27 PM   #152 (permalink)
GT-RDC Founder Member

Flynn fan boy here ,which bit don't you understand at no point have i said im a expert nor has John ,you are the one that's turned a discussion into a opportunity to insult other members ,my reference to key board warriors ,was about peoples negative comments as to something i don't think they appreciate how difficult those times are to achieve round the ring. you come across as you have no appreciation for what they have archived as its just a marting ploy ,that's your opinion fair enough ,and its blatantly obvious you have no knowledge or understanding v8 gtr,s as you call them based on your stupid comments .now key board warrior does come to mind .
so ill except you don't agree with my comments , but please do not attempt or continue to personally insult me over the forum as this adds nothing to the debate
But if you feel this is something you wish to do personally i notice your not to far away from me ,so please feel free to arrange a face to face meeting ware you can attempt to insult me face to face if you so desire , this is a car forum for GTR enthusiasts to discuss mostly gtr topic ,not a platform to trade insults it adds nothing to the debate or forum , peace to all
Old 23rd November 2013, 03:03 PM   #153 (permalink)
wmd_gtr is wanting to mod
GTROC Member

Attached Images
File Type: jpg te1m16.jpg (63.2 KB, 1 views)
Old 23rd November 2013, 03:25 PM   #154 (permalink)
FLYNN is worth it
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismoman View Post
Flynn fan boy here ,which bit don't you understand at no point have i said im a expert nor has John ,you are the one that's turned a discussion into a opportunity to insult other members ,my reference to key board warriors ,was about peoples negative comments as to something i don't think they appreciate how difficult those times are to achieve round the ring. you come across as you have no appreciation for what they have archived as its just a marting ploy ,that's your opinion fair enough ,and its blatantly obvious you have no knowledge or understanding v8 gtr,s as you call them based on your stupid comments .now key board warrior does come to mind .
so ill except you don't agree with my comments , but please do not attempt or continue to personally insult me over the forum as this adds nothing to the debate
But if you feel this is something you wish to do personally i notice your not to far away from me ,so please feel free to arrange a face to face meeting ware you can attempt to insult me face to face if you so desire , this is a car forum for GTR enthusiasts to discuss mostly gtr topic ,not a platform to trade insults it adds nothing to the debate or forum , peace to all
Where are the insults? Care to show me where Ive insulted you?

You cant. Do you know why? Because I haven't

You're the one starting who calling other forum users "keyboard warriors"? These "people" are expressing an opinion. I merely posted a reply pulling you on this. You didnt like it. You got mad. Why so mad?

Other peoples opinions are valid, even if you think that owning a couple of GTR's make you more "important". It doesnt. Makes you a fan of the brand. A fan boy, if you will.

If you dont like it, tough titties.

Oh, and dont start crying and offer you "meet" up to discuss it face to face because I said the Nismo GTR is a marketing ploy.........It makes you look a bit silly.
Old 23rd November 2013, 04:36 PM   #155 (permalink)
Henry 145 is without a GTR
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: M4 CP, R35GTR X 3, B8 RS4, 997 GT2, 997 GT3, 997TT, 996TT, Evo IX FQ-360, E46M3, RR Vogue and RRS TD V8
We need Dean Kenny to calm this debate down...come in Dear Leader...save us from this argument
Old 23rd November 2013, 05:04 PM   #156 (permalink)
GT-RDC Founder Member

ok then im a non importent 2 gtr owning member ( at which point i said i was more important than anyone else is beyond me ) yes i am a fan ,so lets all agree im a fan boy , and lets all agree expressing a opinion makes you a key board warrior ( in your words )
Ho and im crying because you think its a marketing ploy ,and apparently i look a bit silly .
Thats all sorted than thanks for the advise ill sleep ease tonight
Old 23rd November 2013, 05:10 PM   #157 (permalink)
FLYNN is worth it
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismoman View Post
ok then im a non importent 2 gtr owning member ( at which point i said i was more important than anyone else is beyond me ) yes i am a fan ,so lets all agree im a fan boy , and lets all agree expressing a opinion makes you a key board warrior ( in your words )
Ho and im crying because you think its a marketing ploy ,and apparently i look a bit silly .
Thats all sorted than thanks for the advise ill sleep ease tonight
If you dont consider yourself more experienced, then why do you keep mentioning that you have 2 GTR's? You mention it because you think it qualifies you more than anyone else to comment. That is the point where you said you were more important.

Anyway, the point I like clarification on, isf the fact you think I insulted you.

You seemed very keen to meet face to face, because I insulted you. Which is absolutely laughable by the way.....

Id like to know when I insulted you?............. Or can't you answer that?

Last edited by FLYNN; 23rd November 2013 at 06:09 PM..
FLYNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 06:34 PM   #158 (permalink)
BigBen is BIG!!
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Give it a rest Flynn.
Old 23rd November 2013, 06:39 PM   #159 (permalink)
FLYNN is worth it
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBen View Post
Give it a rest Flynn.
Nah..
Old 23rd November 2013, 06:41 PM   #160 (permalink)
David.Yu is adjusting to life without a GT-R...
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: R35 GT-R, BMW M135i 5 dr manual, 190hp Abarth 500 (wife's)
What an embarrassment of a thread this has become...