Official Nismo and MY14 Launch inc. LIVE STREAM!! - Page 9 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23rd November 2013, 06:48 PM   #161 (permalink)
FLYNN is worth it
Banned

Cars owned: MY13 R8 V10 spyder
Quote:
Originally Posted by David.Yu View Post
What an embarrassment of a thread this has become...
This is where its demise started

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismoman View Post
Thank you John ,wise constructive comments ,from someone like yourself that has been there at the forefront off using a gtr on track and can fully appreciate how good the new nismo gtr looks , and as a passenger of yours round the ring in your gtr ,AND WHAT ALL YOU KNOW ALL KEY BOARD WARRIORS MAY NOT KNOW , there's no one on this forum ,who has spent more time on track than John in a R35 GTR and believe me the lad can drive and will fully appreciate how stunning the nismo gtr times are round the ring .
He shouldn't belittle other peoples opinions.

Yes, Ive pulled him up on it, and he didn't like it.

Dont give it out, if you cant take it back.

Last edited by FLYNN; 23rd November 2013 at 06:51 PM..
FLYNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 07:14 PM   #162 (permalink)
Mookistar is so happy to be out of Skyline ownership
Site Admin.

Cars owned: Mookiwagen Passat and a good nights sleep
Back on topic please people.
Old 23rd November 2013, 07:26 PM   #163 (permalink)
nismoman is unaware they can edit their status
GT-RDC Founder Member

flynn you seem to think that the fact i have two gtr ,i am making out to be some kind off expert ,i only mentioned the fact i have two gtrs ,in the context of being a gtr enthusiast ( fan boy in your words )NOT A EXPERT ,I NEVER SAID ,AND DO NOT BELIEVE IT MAKES ME MORE QUALIFIED THAN OTHER ON THE SUBJECT , you interpreted it that way ,as i interpreted your comments as insults .i sure you'll not leave it at that ,as your attitude is very argumentative, so in the interest of the thread and the harmony of the forum , i apologise to all other forum members for this thread going off at a tangent ,love and peace to all ,i off the play with me v8 gtr
nismoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 23rd November 2013, 07:33 PM   #164 (permalink)
FLYNN is worth it
Banned

Cars owned: MY13 R8 V10 spyder
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismoman View Post
i apologise to all other forum members for this thread going off at a tangent
Apology accepted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookistar View Post
Back on topic please people.
Im wondering what the MY14 will do to the residuals of the older CBA cars.....They seem to be holding
Old 23rd November 2013, 07:58 PM   #165 (permalink)
CT17 is probably in an R34 GT-R.
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: A GT-R... and some others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYNN View Post
Apology accepted

Im wondering what the MY14 will do to the residuals of the older CBA cars.....They seem to be holding
Not a lot if the to expected price of £78k is correct.

Figure in a £15k drop in year one, then £5k per year 2 and 3 and you are about where the MY11 is at 3 years old.

Later cars are holding up well, probably because they are (like it not for early owners) better cars and in shorter supply than the pre-DRL cars.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CT17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 08:53 PM   #166 (permalink)
New Reg is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: McLaren 12c
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT17 View Post
Later cars are holding up well, probably because they are (like it not for early owners) better cars and in shorter supply than the pre-DRL cars.
Actually, the cars that are holding their value the best are 09/10 cars. They have shifted very little over the past 2-3 years. I paid 40K for my MY10 over 2 years ago. Pretty sure I could get not far off that for it now. Of course the later cars are better - just not better enough IMO. Certainly not enough to make me upgrade. When people buy a GTR what they want first and foremost is a GTR. Anything above and beyond that (DRL's, slightly better interior, better suspension) is just a bonus.

As for the Nismo - said it ages ago and I will say it again. An exercise in marketing for a car that has dropped slightly out of the limelight over the past few years due to the fact that it is no longer the new hell raiser on the block and the later MY's have offered less and less and as a result have made less and less of an impact. A headline grabber - no more, no less.
Old 23rd November 2013, 09:04 PM   #167 (permalink)
GT-RDC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Reg View Post
Actually, the cars that are holding their value the best are 09/10 cars. They have shifted very little over the past 2-3 years. I paid 40K for my MY10 over 2 years ago. Pretty sure I could get not far off that for it now. Of course the later cars are better - just not better enough IMO. Certainly not enough to make me upgrade. When people buy a GTR what they want first and foremost is a GTR. Anything above and beyond that (DRL's, slightly better interior, better suspension) is just a bonus.

As for the Nismo - said it ages ago and I will say it again. An exercise in marketing for a car that has dropped slightly out of the limelight over the past few years due to the fact that it is no longer the new hell raiser on the block and the later MY's have offered less and less and as a result have made less and less of an impact. A headline grabber - no more, no less.
Agreed on the cost of early cars to GT-R ownership, but I was specifically answering the question about early CBA ones.
They will always command a premium over pre-DRL cars IMO. Doubt the MY14 will effect them much.

Usually 5 year old cars are effected less when the new one comes out compared to 2 or 3 year old ones.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 23rd November 2013, 09:06 PM   #168 (permalink)
Henry 145 is without a GTR
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: M4 CP, R35GTR X 3, B8 RS4, 997 GT2, 997 GT3, 997TT, 996TT, Evo IX FQ-360, E46M3, RR Vogue and RRS TD V8
Quote:
Not a lot if the to expected price of £78k is correct.

Figure in a £15k drop in year one, then £5k per year 2 and 3 and you are about where the MY11 is at 3 years old.

Pre drl cars holing up extremely well
Old 23rd November 2013, 09:07 PM   #169 (permalink)
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: M4 CP, R35GTR X 3, B8 RS4, 997 GT2, 997 GT3, 997TT, 996TT, Evo IX FQ-360, E46M3, RR Vogue and RRS TD V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry 145 View Post
Pre drl cars holing up extremely well
Only concern is if Dean Kenny will improve or destroy residuals
Old 23rd November 2013, 09:07 PM   #170 (permalink)
GT-RDC Member

Well, he's putting me off.
Old 23rd November 2013, 09:13 PM   #171 (permalink)
New Reg is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: McLaren 12c
Quote:
Agreed on the cost of early cars to GT-R ownership, but I was specifically answering the question about early CBA ones.
They will always command a premium over pre-DRL cars IMO. Doubt the MY14 will effect them much.

Usually 5 year old cars are effected less when the new one comes out compared to 2 or 3 year old ones.
Yes, the GTR has had rather a strange progression with the significant price increase in the early years. Hard to believe the first cars were just over 50K brand new. Had the later cars been around that price I don't doubt the 09 cars would now be mid 20's. Still great news for us MY09/10 owners - never had a second hand car loose such little money.

Makes you wonder what the Nismo will loose in the first few years. In spite of the exclusivity factor I don't think it will be long before you can get one for under 100K - assuming the estimated price of 125K is correct.
Old 23rd November 2013, 09:15 PM   #172 (permalink)
GT-RDC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Reg View Post
Yes, the GTR has had rather a strange progression with the significant price increase in the early years. Hard to believe the first cars were just over 50K brand new. Had the later cars been around that price I don't doubt the 09 cars would now be mid 20's. Still great news for us MY09/10 owners - never had a second hand car loose such little money.

Makes you wonder what the Nismo will loose in the first few years. In spite of the exclusivity factor I don't think it will be long before you can get one for under 100K - assuming the estimated price of 125K is correct.
It's the issue I have with selling mine as lost so little money...anything I buy will crap money...never had a car this long!
Old 23rd November 2013, 11:19 PM   #173 (permalink)
David.Yu is adjusting to life without a GT-R...
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: R35 GT-R, BMW M135i 5 dr manual, 190hp Abarth 500 (wife's)
Quote:

CBAs ARE the pre-DRL cars.

And yes, they've held their value the best percentage-wise because they were so much cheaper new. My 2009 Premium Edition was £53,490, helped by the fact VAT was only 15%.
Old 24th November 2013, 12:54 AM   #174 (permalink)
borat52 is unaware they can edit their status

Quote:

And yes, they've held their value the best percentage-wise because they were so much cheaper new. My 2009 Premium Edition was £53,490, helped by the fact VAT was only 15%.
Its astonishing that a decent one will still fetch £35k - a 35% drop in 4.5 years (although not surprising when you look at the choice of other vehicles in the £35k range)

The chap who works in the office next door bought a BMW 335d coupe new back in 2010 for £36k , it just needed it's first MOT and he asked the dealer for a trade in value against a new one. They told him £18k trade in - a 50% drop in 3 years.

It makes his 60mpg look a bit silly in the grand scheme of things
Old 24th November 2013, 12:48 PM   #175 (permalink)
GT-RDC Member

Quote:

Well, you knew what I meant.
Old 24th November 2013, 06:35 PM   #176 (permalink)
Papa Smurf is nurburgringgtr
GT-RDC Founder Member

Cars owned: Nissan MY18 Track Edition Litchfield GT-R, Golf R, Dancing Donkey 458
I hope Nissan are reading this thread as I do not believe they have set the Nismo GT-R price yet.

They may bring out the standard one at a much lower price and then hike the Track Pack. There will have to be a differential between MY14 and Nismo, but perhaps they will look back in history reference the V Spec.
Old 25th November 2013, 12:47 PM   #177 (permalink)
Arcam is still into Track Days
Registered

Cars owned: Many & Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurburgringgtr View Post
Eddie you are the GTROC Ringmaster. Although I have done many many laps this year around the Ring and other circuits, you show how smoothness means pace. My attack method is sometimes not as quick and certainly tougher on the car.
Not sure about the Ringmaster title John but I am pretty smooth
Old 26th November 2013, 10:35 AM   #178 (permalink)
ROG350Z is Nismo
GT-RDC Founder Member

Cars owned: GT-R R35 Spec V, GT-R Nismo, Zenos E10R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcam View Post
Not sure about the Ringmaster title John but I am pretty smooth
So many jokes....so little time ;-)
Old 26th November 2013, 09:51 PM   #179 (permalink)
tinimark is making lots of noise
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Cars owned: R35, Supercharged Elise 111r, BMW 220d, 335d, Golf R32..the list goes on
Quote:
Originally Posted by borat52 View Post
It makes his 60mpg look a bit silly in the grand scheme of things
Never saw more than 33mpg from my 335d. Seem to get crappy mileage from every car I've ever had. I blame it on the roads
Old 27th November 2013, 09:07 AM   #180 (permalink)
trondhla is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: Nissan SR Turbo
Developement story for the NISMO:
2014 Nissan GT-R NISMO Development Story - YouTube