GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/)
-   General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/general-nissan-r35-gt-r-chat.html)
-   -   Official Nismo and MY14 Launch inc. LIVE STREAM!! (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/214433-official-nismo-my14-launch-inc-live-stream.html)

ROG350Z 18th November 2013 04:52 PM

Official Nismo and MY14 Launch inc. LIVE STREAM!!

Ok folks so here is the official information and link for the launch tomorrow.

Huge thank you to Nissan Motor GB for supplying this info so all can watch the unveil live. I am now going to have to ditch Microsoft meeting - not sure how I explain to them I want to watch a car video instead ;-)

Tomorrow morning at 09:30am GMT the MY14 GT-R will be unveiled.

Tuesday 19th, GT-R Reveal:
9.30 = GT-R video
9:36 = CEO arrives in GT-R driven by Krumm
9:39 = CEO Speech
9:52 = CEO Photo session

Streaming will be 1 channel stream. L: English audio, R: Japanese audio.

The anticipated URL will be:
NISSAN NEWSROOM on USTREAM: News and events from Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. . Overig nieuws

CT17 18th November 2013 05:00 PM

Will be watching with interest. :bowdown1:

trondhla 18th November 2013 05:05 PM

Price for NISMO is 130 000 a piece according to this:
Nissan GT-R Nismo: first pictures leaked | Autocar

Tuning for a fraction of the price will achieve the same performance

ROG350Z 18th November 2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trondhla (Post 2205345)

Not sure I agree - Carbon Ceramic Brakes (if they are included) and the aero development alone is pretty hard for an aftermarket to achieve for a fraction. Also depends what you mean by a fraction as tuning to big power is very different from aero, brakes, cooling and balance from a manufacturer researched program. Yes a stage 4 is 5K on top of the car but then you add brakes, suspension, interior, aero, wheels etc and you easily get to 25K+ and no warranty......

Certainly with upgraded turbos etc you can get some of the raw numbers performance though I agree.

Leaked prices I have seen today are 'less than 120,000' and 'up to 140,000' so we only have to wait until tomorrow for the speculation to end.

CT17 18th November 2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trondhla (Post 2205345)

Really?
That is a surprise.

Lets just remember it's a NEW car.

ROG350Z 18th November 2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT17 (Post 2205369)
Really?
That is a surprise.

Lets just remember it's a NEW car.

And rare.....

Nice that we live in a free country where people can have the choice.

Personally I am sorely tempted as I really like the leaked pics - I imagine it will look better in the flesh and more 'menacing' just hope they have put the LEDs into the light clusters though as that would love evil. Might have to settle for an MY14 if the bank manager agrees if interior is step up.

Adamantium 18th November 2013 05:19 PM

Rog, you know, that's a good point.

I hadn't considered buying an my14, but I could feasibly buy one and switch the good bits from my 2012 car over to the new one.

Engine suspension brakes etc. bet Iain would have a field day doing that!

ROG350Z 18th November 2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamantium (Post 2205417)
Rog, you know, that's a good point.

I hadn't considered buying an my14, but I could feasibly buy one and switch the good bits from my 2012 car over to the new one.

Engine suspension brakes etc. bet Iain would have a field day doing that!

Oh dear Jesus what have I started ;-) Would that be number four??

David 18th November 2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROG350Z (Post 2205361)
the aero development alone is pretty hard for an aftermarket to achieve for a fraction.

Development yes, replication no. I am sure it will only be a matter of months before the Nismo kit is shipped to China by someone and will then become available for a reasonable cost as a replica

Just like do luck, topsecret ect has for the Skylines

anthonymcgrath 18th November 2013 05:57 PM

255's on 20" wheels?! Really?!

Hashlak 18th November 2013 06:58 PM

:D thanks for putting this link up ROG, will be watching tomorrow night..

Stevie76 18th November 2013 09:17 PM

I do think they are having a bit of a laugh with the pricing.....this is only going to be worth that for the 'rare' element only surely. For 99.9% of us you could easily create a car with litchfield suspension, Alcon setup, some better seats and a stage 4.25 for the money you are talking about here and save a chunk of cash. Don't get me wrong if i had the cash I would probably consider it for the rare value but on push value per merits i am not sure even at 120K this is a good proposition.

I do absolutely love all this stuff though and hope Nissan keep them coming....makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside knowing that i got such a good deal when i bought mine and my mods make it the performance bargain of the century.

Now lets pester those who can to make some copy front and rear ends and jobs a good one:thumbsup:

anthonymcgrath 19th November 2013 05:55 AM

See im not even fond of its looks that spoiler looks horrific. Oh hey look at us we're nismo we heard Nissan spent millions in the wind tunnel making this thing super slippy but we know better so we'll put this cheap spoiler on

CT17 19th November 2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anthonymcgrath (Post 2207345)
See im not even fond of its looks that spoiler looks horrific. Oh hey look at us we're nismo we heard Nissan spent millions in the wind tunnel making this thing super slippy but we know better so we'll put this cheap spoiler on

You could say the same about all the aftermaket fandango ones.
Only they probably spend even less on them than NISMO... :chuckle:

grahamc 19th November 2013 08:03 AM

In all honesty, I dont like the look of the car from those leaked pictures. Will wait and see what the official ones are.

I also would not spend 120+k on a GTR.... dont get me wrong, they are a fantastic car, great to drive and very fast, but its still just not enough of an "event" to drive to warrant paying that.

Now of course this is IMO and I would prefer the idea of a stage 4.25 with some choice mods to make it my own.

Are carbon ceramic brakes really all that? I have never driven a car with them, so......

ROG350Z 19th November 2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT17 (Post 2207473)

I agree - around 1,100 and you can take it off again haha - I just like being chased by a huge lump of carbon ;-)

Protegimus 19th November 2013 08:32 AM

I like the GT3 style looks and the 7:08.69 'ring time is impressive ...but it's clearly to take money from a niche customer as spec. for base or Williams variant doesn't warrant 130k base price. Carbon brakes seem highly unlikely as they're not part of either spec. list.

Protegimus

ROG350Z 19th November 2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevie76 (Post 2206473)
I do think they are having a bit of a laugh with the pricing.....this is only going to be worth that for the 'rare' element only surely. For 99.9% of us you could easily create a car with litchfield suspension, Alcon setup, some better seats and a stage 4.25 for the money you are talking about here and save a chunk of cash. Don't get me wrong if i had the cash I would probably consider it for the rare value but on push value per merits i am not sure even at 120K this is a good proposition.

I do absolutely love all this stuff though and hope Nissan keep them coming....makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside knowing that i got such a good deal when i bought mine and my mods make it the performance bargain of the century.

Now lets pester those who can to make some copy front and rear ends and jobs a good one:thumbsup:

Yes indeed we could and many will but I think we are forgetting the point that this 'appears' to be a car that any one (with the cash) can buy without having the money/willingness/enthusiasm to take a car and change it which, let's face it, most people don't.

I am really excited to see this, and the rumoured 'new' interior which, for me is the best thing as a 595 stock car is going to actually be pretty close to a Stage 4 as they were all way over quoted BHP with a warranty and at a fraction of NISMO price.

As soon as we get OFFICIAL updates from Nissan GB then I will post them up as and when the info arrives/embargo lifts. Any official documents will be posted on GTROC site and linked to so all can see.

anthonymcgrath 19th November 2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT17 (Post 2207473)

True but the oem spoiler is a work of art for me

grahamc 19th November 2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anthonymcgrath (Post 2207609)
True but the oem spoiler is a work of art for me

I have one that you put on the wall ;)