GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/)
-   General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/general-nissan-r35-gt-r-chat.html)
-   -   Exciting new development for the GTROC. Watch this video! (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/217977-exciting-new-development-gtroc-watch-video.html)

CT17 3rd February 2014 11:10 AM

That for the first round Matt?

If so, see you there. :)

MattGTR750 3rd February 2014 11:14 AM

Yeah first round...

Look forward to it Richard and also to seeing your new car :cool:

ATCO 3rd February 2014 11:22 AM

Barry, the only way I could make 105dB is with the engine off! Good old HKS! So I'm afraid that would appear to count me out. Just had sequential rebuilt as well!

barry P. 3rd February 2014 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 2397465)
Hi Can you please put down two spots :) (we are booking @ the Shop)
SVM would like to support the event and will be bringing two vehicles on the day.
kk

Kev, can you get your entries in please. They can either be booked using the GTROC shop or direct to Mechell from the MLR, tel. 0845 1252623

barry P. 3rd February 2014 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPEED MERCHANT (Post 2435586)
Please don't forget that you need to be a GTROC Member or GTROC Executive Life Member to enter this series - I am getting PM'd left, right and centre with people asking why they can't enter and that is the reason why!

To try and ensure we get enough entries to get this up and running it has been decided that it will be opened up to non members, ie you do not have to pay the 45 to become a GTROC member. Non members will be able to book through the shop when Speed Merchant gets time to change it, probably tomorrow, alternatively you can book direct with Mechell from the MLR by phoning 0845 1252623

barry P. 3rd February 2014 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vernonjones (Post 2435602)
Can we have a list of confirmed peeps for round 1 and please may i have number '3' :)

Current GTROC entries up in the events section.

barry P. 6th February 2014 02:47 PM

A few more entries needed, get your credit cards out! As Monkeynuts said," best fun you can have with your clothes on" . Flynn, GTaaaaaarrrrr, and Lawsy all took part in the MLR Guest class last year and thought it was brilliant.

GTaaaaaarrrrrr! 6th February 2014 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barry P. (Post 2448738)
A few more entries needed, get your credit cards out! As Monkeynuts said," best fun you can have with your clothes on" . Flynn, GTaaaaaarrrrr, and Lawsy all took part in the MLR Guest class last year and thought it was brilliant.

What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Vernonjones 6th February 2014 11:12 PM

Can other people use my car?

GTaaaaaarrrrrr! 6th February 2014 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vernonjones (Post 2451042)
Can other people use my car?

Normally you are allowed to dual drive Vernon. The organisers will split the drivers as far apart as possible to give you time to change drivers. Both drivers need to pay the full whack though.

Vernonjones 6th February 2014 11:20 PM

Of course. Ok ill see if i can muster some comrades.

monkeynuts1 7th February 2014 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vernonjones (Post 2451082)
Of course. Ok ill see if i can muster some comrades.

I hope so it would be great to get this series off the ground and running :cool:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...-11978-4-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...3-2629-3-2.jpg

Ja5on 10th February 2014 11:20 PM

Big thanks to Barry p, Darin and Iain for doing what they can to make sure the sprint goes ahead at Castle Combe. I'm all paid up and looking forward to it. Sadly with not having a set rotation at work there's still a small chance I won't make it, but if that's the case someone can take my sport FOC.

Have to admit I'm surprised by the lack of numbers, considering the amount of folk showing interest!!!

Come on lads get the fingers out, a good few folk have spent allot of there own time trying to get this setup and give us all more of a chance to play with cars. Make a bit of effort to get yourself there, if not to repay the guys for the effort to support the club.

Rant over

MattGTR750 10th February 2014 11:36 PM

It's such a shame only 9 GTRs have entered so far for the Friday day ...

Ja5on 10th February 2014 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattGTR750 (Post 2463122)
It's such a shame only 9 GTRs have entered so far for the Friday day ...

Agreed

CT17 11th February 2014 07:00 AM

Shame there are only 9 or 10 of us who have paid so far.
Looks like we are being moved from the Friday (as there is no way it can be cost effective) to the Saturday so will be running with the EVOs and Scoobs.

Considering the number of nicely tuned and quick cars on here I don't get the slow uptake.

Ja5on 11th February 2014 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT17 (Post 2463490)
Shame there are only 9 or 10 of us who have paid so far.
Looks like we are being moved from the Friday (as there is no way it can be cost effective) to the Saturday so will be running with the EVOs and Scoobs.

Considering the number of nicely tuned and quick cars on here I don't get the slow uptake.

Can't agree more mate. Granted folk have other commitments and the Friday May not have suited. But they'll be even more gutted now as I bet there's only limited space on the Saturday. Hopefully Blyton will get a better turn out

SPEED MERCHANT 11th February 2014 03:19 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I'm sure that most of you know by now but Barry contacted me last night to let me know that the Friday has been indeed cancelled for the GTROC Sprint Series due to numbers and that people who have already paid will be relocated to the Saturday instead.
If anyone can't make the Saturday and requires a refund then please send a PM to IMS on this forum with your GTROC Online Shop Invoice number and a refund will be arranged back to your card or account depending how you paid :thumbsup:

barry P. 11th February 2014 05:27 PM

As SpeedMerchant has indicated unfortunately Darin has had to cancel the Friday due to limited uptake, if the event had taken place with the current numbers he would have lost several thousand pounds. He has agreed to let the current entries in to the Sat sprint which features Evos and Subarus, I have heard back from most of the current entries, anybody who has not replied to my PM can you let me know ASAP whether you can do the Sat., we can also transfer your entry to a round later in the year if you would prefer that instead of a refund.
I'm sure the guys doing the Sat will still have a great time and it would be good if we had a decent turn out of spectators to cheer them on, entry is free to the circuit and there will be plenty to see as there are over 60 Evos and Scoobies competing on the same day.
Date 29th March, Castle Combe circuit, cars will be on track from 9.30am.

Vernonjones 11th February 2014 05:49 PM

Not complaining, far from it but doesnt this mean with so many on track that drastically reduces the number of runs?